SF strugglers Club....... whats your reasons & motivation

Sass

Silver Member
Over the past few weeks a lot of us have found it very hard to stay firmly on the wagon. I know myself as i have been going through a very wobbly stage indeed and i wont mention any names but most of us regulars here are too. so i thought it would be a good idea to remind ourselves why we want to lose weight and offer some support and advice as we are all going through a hard time with the diet.

My reasons

Confidence - is my big thing, i felt so unhappy with my weight before i started this journey that i didn't feel happy going out.

Health - I felt that my weight was really damaging my health and at 30 that's not a good feeling when you feel more like 60 :eek:

Family - I'm also doing this for my family so i can be the mum/person i should be and not the unhappy person i was before.

My new motivation is our plans to take the family to Florida in 2011. I want to be a whole new smaller me by then.

my reasons:

1. confidence
2. to want to take pride in my appearance instead of thinking whats the point
3. to wear fashionable clothes without feeling like people are looking at me
4. to not be embarrassed for myself and my OH when i meet his friends because of how i look
5. to go swimming/jogging with friends without worrying about how i look or being embarrassed about my sheer lack of fitness
6. to look fab on holiday in july and have pictures that i dont mind other people seeing!

my reasons:
4. to not be embarrassed for myself and my OH when i meet his friends because of how i look

This is a good reason and one i didnt think of at the time but im the same and i hate meeting my OH's friends, i dont even like going into his work because i used to work there too and i have put on since i left.

its just not nice feeling u dont match up is it? my OH is very very good looking, not even joking, i reckon he could be a model (if he was taller anyway)! and at the moment i just dont feel like i deserve him because of how i look. i know he doesnt think it, but his friends must think 'whats he doing with her'? so i try to avoid occassions when i know his friends might be about - like meeting him from work.

but i think that when i get to a weight im comfortable with, have nice hair, do my make-up and wear nice clothes i wont feel like this anymore, because i didnt when we first met each other.

why oh why cant i get my head in the right place :confused: I'm finding it so hard right now !!! I'm so sick of writing posts that all sing to the same tune.

aw i know how u feel sass, sometimes its really hard to get ur head in the right place. but once uve got it then ul feel so much better. just remember that one slip up doesnt ruin a diet, and as long as u get straight back on it then it should be ok :)

my reasons ;
1.to go into any shop to get cloths not just evans
2.to have another child .
3.to not be the biggest mum at the school gates when i pick my 8 years old child up.
4.to not end up like my mum she died at 38 of a heart attack because she was very over weight.

my reasons ;
3.to not be the biggest mum at the school gates when i pick my 8 years old child up.
4.to not end up like my mum she died at 38 of a heart attack because she was very over weight.

hi brookie, my heart went out to you on no.4, it must have been dreadful for you:wave_cry:

my reasons are:

to feel better about myself, not to feel people look down at me cos of my weight

to like what i see in the mirror no matter what the scales say

to be confident in a swimsuit/bikini (if i dare) and take the kids swimming

to feel that i don't let my hubby down when his mates/colleagues meet me as i'm not what they are expecting as he is a goodlooking chap

to not feel a fat frump next to my sister!

lots of confidence issues here i see, hmmm

Mine are:

1. To be able to look forward to summer when I dont feel I have to cover up because im shamed of how I look and what others will think.

2.To just have more confidence about myself,I seriously lack alot of confidence since putting on weight.

3.To be able to take my children swimming,ok yes I have some stretchmarks but that I think I can deal with....flab I can not!

4.To not be the "fat/chubby" one amongst my friends.

5.To actually be healthier! I gave up alcohol in january this year not because I drank alot but because my dad did and he died because of it last year..since this ive wanted to just become a healthy person eating better and more excersise will help this.

6.This is important to me lol...When family/friends get me birthday or xmas pressies they are dont wish to offend me by asking what size and always end up getting the wrong size..So I really want ppl to feel they can ask me or get something which fits by guess lol!

my reasons ;
Brookie just wanted to hug you when i read your reasons :hug99:

When we go on diets i think as human beings we spend to much time thinking about how deprived we are for not being able to eat what we want that we lose sight of the reasons why we are doing it. For almost all of us who has posted on this thread so far one reason we used was regarding health and going on a diet promotes being healthy and losing weight. I have been finding it hard getting my head together for the past 2 months now and its really starting to get me down. I sometimes think i'm never going to get to the weight i wish to be even on some of my min goal weights but when you think about the positives of dieting they sort of over shadow the want for bad foods. Sparkel came up with a good one the other day on a different post about how we only hurt ourselves when we fall off the wagon and i also think that we need to remind ourselves when craving food, that the types of foods we miss the most are the ones that got us to the point we are at today so why would we even be craving such an unhealthy food :confused:

it makes sense what you're saying sass but we crave those things cos they taste so nice he he! i will say though that after my 2 week binge i was really looking forward to getting back on the diet and eating a salad lol!

Its funny because i stated my diet 2 or 3 days before new years eve after eating so much over xmas i felt ill. All those yummy foods that tasted so great had made me feel low & poorly. My head stayed in such a good place for a long time after that but now its not there i cant get it back lol

I have spent a lot of time over the past two months off my diet but infact when i think about it i have all through that time been having my morning and lunch sf but then after that was making either bad choices for my dinner or pigging out when OH got home from work.

So maybe a week of eating things i want might get me back on track. I'm thinking too that i might not weigh myself this week and give myself till monday which is an extra 4 days and then wi so i would change my wi day and also give myself a longer time being good. I'm hoping that doing this will make me see some loss this week and give me a boost.

Thx for your help and advice sparkel xxx

My reason for struggling - hmmmmmmmm - I LOVE FOOD!!!

My motivation - to look nice and slim for my wedding day in August.

Tish
x

Back