Shake Question....Help please!

didimissy

OK so on day 70 today :)D) and thought I'd like to change things up..... Change is afterall as good as a holiday! lol

If I was to split my breakfast/lunch shakes into two ... would I make up one shake, split it and fridge half i.e. drink 150ml and fridge 150ml for 3 hours later .....

Or

Split the powder in half and make 2 shakes as usual?

Thoughts?

Thanks

I think you need to split the powder in half. If I remember correctly you need to drink the shake within 15 minutes otherwise it loses a lot of the goodness.

My pharmacist said that you should drink it within the first 30 minutes at most, so split the powder up.

But I'd always ask just to make sure that you're allowed to do that since eating throughout the day is a bad habit we all needed to break so not sure if that might set you up in a bad way. Let us know how it goes though hun,
xxxx

Will ask my pharmacist tomorrow at weight in, and Yes Bevi, under "normal" circumstances I wouldn't have asked, but my youngest has taken to waking up at 5am, so was thinking of having half a shake at 05:30
and then the other half at 09:30 ish (after school run) otherwise if I have my full shake at 5:30 (when I am hungry and to kick start the old metabolism) I am famished by 10 and have to wait till 12 for my lunch shake, and then famished again by 6.

Then to have a run after the kids are in bed I'm hungry again before bed.....

Whereas when I started this the sun wasn't up quite so early and thus my littlest boy was up about 7 .... it's those extra 2 hours that have thrown me for a loop!

I read somewhere that eating small portions several times a day is healthier than eating big meals 2-3 times a day. So maybe this isn't a bad thing? As long as you can keep it up after LT - eg not massive portions several times a day hehe.

And is right. Smaller freq portions boosts the metabolism

So I asked my pharmacist and she said yup, no problem can keep it in the fridge ...... but I was still skeptical so phoned Lipotrim themselves...

Their answer - "NO, no, no, no, no, under no circumstances no!" apparently doing this will stuff up Ketosis .....

So glad my pharmacist knows what she's doing! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

There's so much conflicting advice out there.
I find it weird how LT don't even let you drink anything but tea, coffee and water but other food replacements let you drink anything with malic (not citric) acid.
HOW does eating two smaller meals make you come out of ketosis?
Slim & Save have a plan where you eat 4 meals a day - that's a ketosis diet.
I'd like to read the scientific basis for what LT told you today.
I'm confused!
:s

LT is correct hun, if you make a shake it's got to be drank within 15 mins of adding water. The vits and mins start to break down so basically if you leave it you'll just be drinking a funny tasting shake with no benefits etc.

I think the reason LT is so strict and bland is because it's a TFR diet with no hidden extras. You have your set shakes, water and black tea/coffee. End of. Simple yet effective. Lighter life total is the same.

Not to say other TFR diets dont offer a small meal option but for me I think it would be too much temptation and I'd eventually make it a big meal and miss shakes and before I know it I'm back to square one.

I personally love LT. Don't get me wrong it's boring and bland but I know where I am and what I'm allowed which is just what I need. I'm abstaining from food totally until I'm at my goal then I can think of food.

Other TFR diets may state even with food you stay in ketosis even the Atkins diet says that which is protein and veg but I think if your on LT you should follow what they say. Because even though a tiny bit of chicken or tuna won't get you out of ketosis it is the start of a slippery slope.

No short cuts on this hun. It's no food till goal and if you get into this mind set you'll be fine :)

Sorry for the long spiel there ;)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bex ..... havn't had food yet and didn't intend to ... just wanted to know whether I could weight half the powder and make 2 shakes out of it ... to cope with the extra 2 hours I'm up a day!!

Guess I'll just stick to feeding my coffee addiction instead!!! .... Oh dear, yet another thing to give up after all of this!
xx

Back