Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

shakes V soups

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by disconapduff, 24 April 2008 Social URL.

1. disconapduff

disconapduff Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    hey - am on day 4 now and already dreading the shakes! find them very sickly (dont have a huge sweet tooth) so was wondering if its OK to have 2 soups and 1 shake each day to satisfy my savoury cravings? thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Hi,

Don't think it matters what you take as long as you stick to your daily quota. A friend of mine hates all the soups and shakes except the chocolate one and has lived on them for 8 weeks (Nightmare - overkill :sign0137:)
    Good luck

4. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(34.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    That's absolutely fine. You can have any combination of shakes and soups that you like as long as you make sure you have 3 packs per day - but only 1 bar per day (when you're allowed them).

You can even have 3 soups a day if you wanted .. although most people probably wouldn't fancy a soup for breakfast :rolleyes:

5. PinksW

PinksW Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.67%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi Disco
    I found that making the shakes in a smoothie maker with ice makes them much less sickly and far more palatable
    Pinks
    xxxxxxxxx

6. la_tinkerbelle

la_tinkerbelle Full Member

hiya, I'm the opposite way to you, in that I hate the soups and love the shakes...

Althought admittedly I'm lazy and hate the blender lol so what I do is have the tetras... 2 tetras and a bar everyday, I guess you should just do what works for you on this diet! If you want 3 soups a day, go for it!

7. carolyn01

carolyn01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.19%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+/810
    Hi, is everyone on here only on 3 shakes or soups a day. My counsellor said to have 3 shakes or soups plus a bar as im a chocaholic and she thought I'd need it. I must admit I think I would find it hard having just 3?

8. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Day four for me too but i am dreading the soups. The spicy tom one was nice but the cheese & broccoli was vile.

How are you finding it so far?

9. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Depends on weight and height sometimes:)

10. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

If the shakes are too sickly, you could try just having half a pack with more water. I always split the chocolate ones to make two hot drinks in a day.

11. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I had to give up on the soups by the weekend of week 1 (on week 2 now) I couldnt stand them although i tried my best to - all of them tasted like sea-water. Really surprised me as i love savoury stuff & dont have much of a sweet tooth at all. It was the shakes i was dreading before i started as i hate anything milky but i actually really enjoy them. Honest lol.

12. Spikylady

Spikylady Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Im on week 4 and I have one shake, a bar and then I freeze the tetra to have icecream in the evening! YUMMY. I thought all the soups were disgusting!

13. mumto4

mumto4 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim
    Im not to keen on the soups, much prefer the shakes, Im only on day 2 and have had the cheese and broc and spicy tom so far. Love the banana and forest fruits shake. I put 3 ice-cubes in mine also, makes them thicker.

14. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    i love tomato, chicken n mushroom, chilli ones thats all ive tried so far, just having leek and patato and not enjoying it lol

i like choc orange, choc mint, and vinalla shakes all ive tried yet

15. spooky

spooky Banned

I tell all my clients they have 21 or 28 sachets of what they want. If they dislike anything or go off flavours they can swop. I have ladies who have a box of choc mint a week, and others who have 14 soups and 7 bars. Its all a matter of personal choice, After all, its YOU having the diet, no one else. You should have what you want.

16. disconapduff

disconapduff Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for all your posts guys! just coming to the end of day 4 and about to head home for another lovely soup!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.