Shall I eat today?

Big H

Silver Member
I am now 23 pounds from goal, currently on week 4 of my 4th CD journey. I have SSed all of the 1st 3 weeks, but am contemplating doing 810, 1000, 1200 & 1500, combined with the gym to get down to goal. What do you reckon? :rolleyes:

either of the plans will still give you a great loss, the decision is yours as they say, but well done on your loss so far

I am now 23 pounds from goal, currently on week 4 of my 4th CD journey. I have SSed all of the 1st 3 weeks, but am contemplating doing 810, 1000, 1200 & 1500, combined with the gym to get down to goal. What do you reckon? :rolleyes:

yep, that's a plan. Another plan would be to get a bit closer to goal, with slightly gentler exercising, then hitting the gym as you go up the plans.

The diet is obviously working for you (or should I say 'you are obviously doing the diet properly!', there is a chance that changing now might mess things up?

The higher plans aren't so easy (IMO) and the weight loss can be a little more random. It's harder to stick with the plans, and though I know that feeling of wanting to get out and hit the gym, might it be better to just wait a little longer?

Personally, I got to goal, then did the gym thing as I went up the plans. It worked well. I knew I was at goal. I wasn't chasing those last few pounds the whole time.

Doing the gym thing whilst you do the maintenance steps will help keep you focused whilst the novelty factor is still there.

There again, there might be other reasons why you want to move up besides hitting the gym?

Your decision of course. Just giving another side for you to mull over ;)

Cheers folks

Thanks for your advice KD - good advice as always. I usually advise people to stay on SS until they reach goal because from experience I know how hard it is to come off the plan and still try to lose weight, it's hard enough just keeping off what you have lost. I think I may stay on SS fro 1 more week then work up the plans. Still undecided.

Good oh. Another week, then redecide ;)

It's not unusual to start getting a bit impatient when you are within 2 stone of goal. The mind plays tricks.

Try fast forwarding in your mind a few months in advance. You are now at goal, have done the plans and attending the gym.

Looking back, which decision would you be pleased you'd made. Hanging on in there until goal, or risking it and just getting a few more gym sessions in a little earlier?

BTW. 810 is a good one if you want to do more exercise. You could incorporate some strength exercise, just not go too mad with the cardio. You can then stay on 810 until goal :)

Whatever feels right for you, but remember not to make you choice based on the moment, but what you will be pleased you did when you look back IYKWIM

I'm not Sole Sourcing so I don't really feel qualified to advise. All I can say though is that sticking to a diet that works for you until you get to goal is generally the best plan. Why slow down the process?

(If You Know What I Mean!)

Thanks guys :jelous:

Back