Share your *MENUS* please (Atkins and Low carb)

i admire you pink, effectively I am a lazy bint and the thought of the gym makes me feel ill, I used to hate it with a passion, it just wasnt for me!

Go Girl, you're a real inspiration.

sue xx

ok menu for today...

b - 2 coffees and cream, ham and philly

l - eggs and asparagus soldiers

t - fry up? oh and a handful of voddie/d.c's as im off out with girls!

today ...

b sero breakfast bar, coffee n cream

l ham & cheese salad and mayo, blackcurrent s/f jelly

d trout with (I dont know yet)!

downed 2 litres of water so far (good girl)

sue xx

I'm going to attempt 'courgette crisps' tomorrow

using a mandolin slice courgettes, oil and salt them and bake!

apparently they are to die for

sue xx

downed 2 litres of water so far (good girl)

Well done hun...glug glug glug.

Today.
Bf - Atkins Choc Chip Cereal Bar/Coffee with Cream
L Scrambled Eggs with Cheese
D Chicken and veggies

Snack....Atkins Chocolate Bar!!

are,nt we good girlies xxxxx

I gotta say, I was the biggest couch potato ever, complete slob, but Im learning to make my body work for me now and not against me. Steak and mushrooms with dolcelatte stuffing this evening and maybe even a glass of wine!
Pinks
x

mmmmyummymmmm

just done my trout, did it in lemon butter and parsley cream sauce and I had asparagus with it.

slurp

sue x

Just done my weeks shopping. Cost us about £20 more then usual...so not bad when you consider I used to pay £37 for CD...I'm £17 up on the deal. My fridge is now full of picnic sausages, cooked meats, I bought asparagus (OMG its expensive). I bought courgettes to try the crisps out. Jelly is setting as I type! I know my signature says I lost 28lbs LT, 17CD, but its actually 13CD and 4 Atkins...I lost it this week and I've had BBQ's and to be honest ..a right feast! I'm loving Atkins.

ok on todays menu we have
Brekkie - cheese omelette, bacon and sausages
Lunch - Atkins chocolate decadance bar
Dinnet - Steak in mushroom,cream mustard sauce with feta salad.
Snacks -Atkins choc crisp bar and decaf coffees with cream
I am stuffed

When I did high protein my typical day included

Breakfast: 3 grilled bacon, and mushrooms or boiled / poached egg with grilled bacon
Lunch: 3 ryvita or ricecakes with a tin of tuna in brine or chicken, with mayo, and salad
Dinner: Chicken or Salmon and roast veggies or a cheese and ham omelette
Snacks: nuts, either pecans, almonds, pinenuts or pickled onions

One of my favourite meals was chicken wings, coated with a mixture of olive oil, juice of half a lemon, mixed dried herbs and a dash or tabasco and / or worchester sauce for heat :) or else just coating them in curry powder yummy.

After about a week on the diet I tended not to snack much at all, and portion sizes went way down due to being less hungry

BigBirdy - apparently Atkins is still alive and well in the states, so you should have no trouble eating out there at all!

My best friend in the USA did atkins and lost about 80lb in a short while. Regained and more, but thats just how she is. I won't be doing Atkins until I come back due to the food/drink fest that will be going on. (wedding, 2 families meeting for a week etc etc), but I do find it relatively easy to eat low carb anyway. Can't seem to eat alot of fat except in cream, and I don't usually like pasta or rice. Tend to stick to new pots if they are tiny. So I should be ok. We'll see what the scales say on my return!

having this for tea, it is delicious. Also good on bbq.

Moroccan Chicken
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Juice of 2 Lemons
1 Teaspoon ground Cumin
1/4 ground Cinnamon
Pinch ground cloves
1/2 Teaspoon ground Turmeric
1 Teaspoon Harissa paste or minced red chilli from a jar
1 small onion very finely chopped
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
Fresh Chillies if desired.

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl add large pieces of chopped chicken breast and marianate. The longer the better. Just fry or bbq until cooked and serve with a lovely salad of choice. Me I love feta salad yummy:D

Todays menu:

B. Atkins Cereal Bar...choc chip/coffee cream
l. Tuna with peppers/spring onion/mayonaise, with salad
D. I'm off to the curry house....so Tandoori mix with salad (yummy!!) Coffee Floater for dessert (I love the cream on the top for some strange reason!!).

Hi Shazpaz, I hadn't realised you were at your target weight :) - did I miss something? I can't figure out why you on Atkins for a size 12? Is it that there's more weight to lose or toning required? Sorry if you've posted all this and I've missed it! BTW Sorry if it sounds nosey

Hi Shazpaz, I hadn't realised you were at your target weight :) - did I miss something? I can't figure out why you on Atkins for a size 12? Is it that there's more weight to lose or toning required? Sorry if you've posted all this and I've missed it! BTW Sorry if it sounds nosey

Hi hun,

My original target was to lose 3 stones. I thought that by doing this I'd be a size 12, but I'm still in a size 14 arrggghhh. So I don't really have a weight target as such now, I just want to get into the size 12. I've no idea how much weight I'm going to have to lose for that! My 14's are starting to get baggy:D and I have a few 12's tops, but I want 12's bottoms!!

p.s Its not nosey...we are all friends on here:D

Thanks, I was confused! You look so slim in the photo.

The two of us are exactly opposite shapes then! I am a 14/16 on top at the moment and with my chest not likely to be lmuch ess! But my bottom is a 10!

I have broad shoulders to though and I think you look heavier to people if you're bigger on top.

Not sure if you've tried it but I swear by Winsor pilates (no others and I've tried them all!) it pulled me in a whole dress size.

Hey guys, I am completely new to Atkins and thought I would give it a go this week. Thanks for sharing your recipes. If any of you are bored today being Saturday and all, I would really appreciate it if you could post a few ideas for daily meal plans for the Induction stage, with amounts of what you would have, as I dont really have much info and that would help to get me started til I can get my hands on a book!

Thanks! xx

Back