Share your *MENUS* please (Atkins and Low carb)

excellent, good luck hun, I know you wont be disappointed xx

yay we made the thread a sticky! obviously we are doing a good job...

now my work is done on low carb forum i am sad to say that i am returning to ss as i am not enjoying eating believe it or not!
i will def follow atkins once i get to goal. i just really need to get goal FAST and atkins is not providing me with the whopping losses i am in desperate need of at the mo.

am ready to be a cdc now and can start ordering stock and seeing clients BUT i have always said i think it would be wrong to see clients if i have a bmi of +25. sends out the wrong message, just my opinion! so this is also a major motivation (as well as bikini time looming) to get to goal.

good luck everyone keep this thread going cos it will help loads of fellow low carbers xxxx

ahh sweetheart,

good luck and I know you will get to your goal and become a fantastic CDC, keep popping in to say hello.

sue xx

ah thanks sun! and you must keep the menu ideas coming as it really does help and inspire others...
if i had loads of time to lose my weight i would def continue but i have set my goals from early on and really would love to hit them.
see you in a month or 2!

Todays menu:

BF. Scrambled Eggs with cheese/ coffee with cream.
L. Prawns/mayo on bed of lettuce
D. Bacon/Sausage diced stir fried with cajun spices and spring onion/peppers and salad.

chesseburger pie might have been put on here before, but another recipe for us xx

Cheeseburger Pie
Total carbs 9c. Serves 4
Ingredients:
500g minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
100mls double cream
2 heaped tablespoons of mayo
150g strong cheddar grated
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add mayo, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

Salmon & Prawn with Courgette Tagliatelle
About 8carbs for whole recipe.
Ingredients:

200g Salmon
100g Prawns
Couple of knobs of butter
100g Mascarpone
100ml cream
200g Courgettes

Put a couple of knobs of butter on the salmon, wrap in foil and cook in the oven. 180ºC for 25 mins.
Put Mascarpone and cream in a pan and heat gently. I used milk and it was just the right consistency, so if using cream it may be better to thin down. Add prawns to liquid and simmer.
Using a potato peeler, ‘peel’ the courgette into ribbons. Melt some more butter in a frying pan, add the courgettes and fry.
When salmon is cooked, break into pieces and add to pan containing prawns. Give a good stir to mix salmon and prawns.
Pour sauce over courgettes in pan, give a good stir. Transfer to plate. I added loads of black pepper and it was gorgeous.

just wanted to copy and paste these from alybongos thread, dont want them getting lost!

Ok I adapted this from an Atkins recipe and it is delicious.

Fry 500 gr of lean mince with a small chopped onion.
Add tsp of cumin, tsp of chilli powder, tsp of paprika, garlic,salt and pepper to taste.
some chopped chillis to taste.
When cooked press into the bottom of an oven proof dish.

whisk together 3 eggs, 1/2 cup may, 1/2 cup double cream and 8 oz of grated cheddar. ( I think 1/2 cup would be roughly 4 tablespoons. I think there is a sticky with conversions)
Pour mixture on top of mince and bung in oven for 40 mins 170 centigrade for fan
prob 180 for others.
YUMMY.
For those that don't like spicy just change seasoning. Atkins recommend chopped cooked bacon.
Really you could do whatever you want with the mince. It's the topping that makes it :D:D:D

Mix sachet of low fat jelly in 1/2 pint of boiling water.
Set aside and chill until just starting to set.
put in a bowl and add 150 mls of double cream.
Whisk with electric whisk for about 1 min until roughly double in size.
Back in fridge and voila MOUSSE !!!!!!!
and practically carb free YE HA:D:D

I've just made smoked mackerel pate!

ready to eat smoked mackerel fillets
full fat cheese (philly)
horseradish sauce

mix all together until a pate consistency and have with cucumber sticks, raw courgettes, with or in celery, peppers and crudites.

YUMSCRUMTIOUS!!!

sue xxx

Just bought some maple oat granola from the avidlite site, mega yummy! Like clusters! I am so glad i have cereal to eat again, even if it is expensive! I will just have it as a treat when craving cereal.

Todays food diary.

Skipped BF (I know its bad, but was in bed with migraine:sigh:)
Lunch - Good old English fry up. Bacon/mushrooms cooked in butter/toms/egg/two sausages (low carb).
Dinner - this was yummy. Asparagus/courgettes fried in a little butter.
Onion fried with spices (cajun). When soft I added some corned beef and cooked until hot. Had that with the vegs and it was really lovely.

My favorite cooked corned beef recipe is onions/corned beef cooked as above (with or without spices). Sprouts boiled and mashed with butter/pepper and mixed into the corned beef and onions. It is really lovely.

shazpaz can you have corned beef on atkins i didnt think you could ,hope so because i have been seriously missing out in the past lol:)

yes hun, you can have corned beef x

Hi hun,

Here's a copy of the label...for cooked corned beef. The carbs are nil, but as its high in saturated fat, I wouldn't have it daily, but once a week as a treat.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 3 oz (85 g)

bline.gif
Total Fat 15g

bline.gif
Saturated Fat 5g

bline.gif
Cholesterol 85mg

bline.gif
Sodium 960mg

bline.gif
Total Carbohydrates 0g

bline.gif
Dietary Fiber 0g

bline.gif
Protein 15g

Flaxmeal Bread

75g flaxmeal
2 large eggs
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt OR 2 tsp cocoa and a sachet of splenda

Mix all ingredients together, pour into a greased bread tin or (better) a silicon mould, bake in a pre-heated oven for 16-18 minutes at 200 celcius. It's done when a toothpick comes out clean.

It comes out at something like 596 cals, 29g protein, 52g fat and around 2g net carbs a loaf.

Flax meal is actually linseed which you buy and grind yourself in a coffee grinder.

Pinks
xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi hun,

Here's a copy of the label...for cooked corned beef. The carbs are nil, but as its high in saturated fat, I wouldn't have it daily, but once a week as a treat.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 3 oz (85 g)

bline.gif
Total Fat 15g

bline.gif
Saturated Fat 5g

bline.gif
Cholesterol 85mg

bline.gif
Sodium 960mg

bline.gif
Total Carbohydrates 0g

bline.gif
Dietary Fiber 0g

bline.gif
Protein 15g

Shaz, which CD plan were you on before you moved to atkins?

Thanks Nas x

I did SS then 810.

I then had a tetra in the morning, low carb lunch and dinner...after a week or so I switch right over to Atkins.

Thanks Shaz,

You've done brilliantly...... Your pics are fantastic.... Well Done!

Nas x

thanks shaz and sun never new you could have corned beef on atkins just presumed it was processed like spam ,bacon grill etc looking forward to having it in moderation now when im back on atkins xxx

Back