Share your *MENUS* please (Atkins and Low carb)

Just started on Atkins this afternoon, had piece of cheese for snack and for dinner have now had fillet steak, brocolli,onion and mushrooms cooked in butter. what a diet no deprivation here.

Bumping....these look good

Right well they're pure genius in my eyes lol...

This makes 4 'muffins' and I use one of those rubber muffin trays - if you have a home bargains then they're something like £1.99 in there.

Ingedients:
3 eggs
2 slices of bacon (although I've started experimenting and using ham or chorizo etc)
couple of mushrooms sliced up
pinch of cheese

method:

mix the eggs together and pour in the muffin tray, add the meat, mushrooms/peppersand give a poke with a fork to make sure its all covered in egg and then sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top.
I use hardly any cheese just enough to brown and give a cheesy taste and pop in the oven (gas mark 7ish) for about 25 minutes.

When you remove them from the muffin tray place on a cooling rack so they don't get soggy.

They're perfect you can put any fillings you want....sometimes i want mushrooms other times peppers - i love them!!

Hello

Someone suggested I had a look on this thread for recipes. I am doing a low gi diet. Atkins scares me a little to be honest! I did it a few years ago and only managed two weeks on it! I've just looked through the recipes-can someone please explain how it works? How can you eat those kinds of foods (full fat mayo and creme fraiche) and still lose weight? I don't get it!

I've been on low gi since January and have only lost 6 pounds (yep I know pathetic!) but don't really know what I am doing wrong. Now i'm thinking that sticking to the low gi list i've got was the biggest mistake ever and I should be doing something like Atkins. Is it healthy to stay on Atkins for prolonged periods of time?

Sorry-I know it's lots of questions it's just i'm starting to get to end of my tether with trying to find something that actually works for me!

Hi KG2007. Yes Atkins does work. I only had 20 lbs to lose and I've lost 14 since october. I went off plan for a couple of months but back on now. There is a new Atkins book just out. But if you don't want to buy it the complete plan is on the Atkins website as well as a section about the science of how it works. there is a lot of info on this forum too. Also I've found sugarfree sheila's site an inspiration. She's been on Atkins for 8 years and is very healthy. Just google sugar free sheila and read all the faq's. Good luck.

Hi KG, have a read of the "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" stickie.

It does work, and I'd like to think I'm the living proof of that. I have been on Atkins for years and years now, and my annual medicals are fine, in fact better than fine I'm VG all the way.

Ive been doing it for 2 weeks with the help from the guys on here and my 2wk weigh in today ive lost 1st. Believe me it works.

cheryl thats fantastic x

Thanks Vicky. Can i ask a question? Jim (and any other men) close your ears.....how much do you fluctuate at that time of the month? I seem to have spoken too soon. ive gone up again but its that dreaded time.

It's all water retention during TOM Cheryl, I've seen this a lot love.

I can go up 3 lbs hon x

lol at jim answering....its the time he goes into hiding lol

Lol. Thanks. Ok now TOM as Jim put it has gone and ive still not shifted anything. HELP, i dont know what im doing wrong. Im soooooooooo upset.

Cheryl, post wjat you are eating on a daily basis love, we can then look and advise.

1.Citrix stalls some people
2. Cheese stalls some people, myself included.

Cheers hun. I will. Going to start my own thread re it though as dont want to gate crash other peoples. Maybe i should try to give up cheese. On todays menu was a protein shake for breakfast then lunch was 2 low carb sausages and mushrooms and dinner was mince, mushrooms topped with yummy cauli mash and cheese.

There are 2.5 for the powder i use and i mix with milk. Do you think this is too much? I dont have it everyday just on days like today when i dont have time for proper breakfast.

Oops! Ok but i have only had 2 in total. No more from now i promise. How long am i on this induction for?

Back