Share your *MENUS* please (Atkins and Low carb)

Great thread...how's everyone getting along?

Well here's my menu for today:
B: egg muffins - i LOVE these as I can make them the night before

L: 2 lamb grill steaks with cheese

Snack some cherry toms

D: beef kebabs with butternut squash chips

Great thread...how's everyone getting along?

Well here's my menu for today:
B: egg muffins - i LOVE these as I can make them the night before

L: 2 lamb grill steaks with cheese

Snack some cherry toms

D: beef kebabs with butternut squash chips

OK! How do you make the egg muffins.....and the night before? Would love to know!

Right well they're pure genius in my eyes lol...

This makes 4 'muffins' and I use one of those rubber muffin trays - if you have a home bargains then they're something like £1.99 in there.

Ingedients:
3 eggs
2 slices of bacon (although I've started experimenting and using ham or chorizo etc)
couple of mushrooms sliced up
pinch of cheese

method:

mix the eggs together and pour in the muffin tray, add the meat, mushrooms/peppersand give a poke with a fork to make sure its all covered in egg and then sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top.
I use hardly any cheese just enough to brown and give a cheesy taste and pop in the oven (gas mark 7ish) for about 25 minutes.

When you remove them from the muffin tray place on a cooling rack so they don't get soggy.

They're perfect you can put any fillings you want....sometimes i want mushrooms other times peppers - i love them!!

Sheer genius!! I will make them when I'm off SS. PMSL at 'give them a poke with a fork!' LOL

I've pinched this pic off flickr to give you an idea of what they look like - mine usually look a bit 'browner' than this cos i leave them in a bit longer and they don't look like they got cheese on them but anyway!!

2215180445_f15fbf4016_m.jpg

what i ate today

Just started low carb today found it easy going suppose only day one although ive got a headache suppose thats from no caffine.

Brekkie -fried egg
lunch-chicken salad
dinner -mushroom omellette:p

i think i need to defect from CD after I have lost my first 2 stones. And when I do, I will eat a tone of this: Home made chicken liver pate

4 rashers bacon
1 pot of chicken livers
8 mushrooms
1teaspoon mixed spice
dash of brandy
2tbs cream

fry bacon, mush and chicken livers in olive oil and drain off fat when cooked. Take back to the heat and mix in the mixed spice. Take off heat and allow to cool.
Whem cool turn into a liquidiser whilst adding cream and brandy.
Cook in the over for 30 minutes on 200 degrees to set.

scoff the lot spread on lettuice leaves and roll like a WRAP.... yum xx

You guys I've been drooling at this thread, those recipes look fantastic! Egg muffins look great.
I remember doing atkins ages ago, I used to LOVE breakfast - scrambled eggs, sausages and cheese grated on. drool drool drool.

I think if I ever need to lose about a stone in the future, I'll do low carbing like this.. For 4 stone however I will stick with LL!

mmmmm, i definatley have to try those egg muffins after CD. They look deeeeeeeeeee-licious :) xx

Day 2:

B - Bacon mis-shapes, 2 boiled eggs
L - Few slices roast beef, couple handfuls of spinach, 1/4 iceberg lettuce, 2 radishes. Dressing made with vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
D - 8 chicken wings, 2-3 tablespoons mayo.
Water - so far 3 litres and counting. Plus a coffee and a can diet pepsi (bad I know)

Day 3: Where does everyone else go?

B: Smoked salmon (60 g) with 2 scrambled eggs, a dash of lemon juice, black pepper, and a cup of coffee with a tablespoon of double cream (388 cals, 1g carb, 30g fat, 28g protein)

L: Chicken wings (4), 1/4 iceberg lettuce, oilve oil dressing, black pepper, (fat 53, calories 648, protein 40, carbs 5,)

D: 2 sticks celery, dip, boiled egg (88 calories, 5 fat, 3 carb, protein 6)

Water - so far at 2L and counting,

Totals: Carbs 11, Fat 88, Protein 75, Calories 1134

Are you doing atkins lexie? If so theres a daily menu thing over there that a lot of us are on. xx

B- 2 coffees with cream, bacon and creamed mushrooms
half pint water
Lunch-warm bacon and chicken salad, mayo
1 pint sparkling water
Dinner-selection of cold hams, cheeses and mayo to dip in
half pint water

More water as and when

B- sausages wrapped in sliced chicken with marmite and cream cheese
L - lamb bolognese with roasted celeriac
D - sausage casserole

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with salt & pepper and splash of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled with red cheddar.
Lunch: Sardines with fried dried squid pieces with hard boiled egg slices.
Dinner: Steak with blue cheese, half and avocado sliced,with mayonnaise. Anchovies to top it off!
Not for everyone!

Prawn Foo Yung :)

Basically all I did was to get 3 eggs, some prawn, some garlic powder and some paprika. Shoved it all in the frying pan (no oil) just a sliver of butter, and let it cook. Once it looked like an omellette I just sliced it up. I had it with a handful of salad and it tasted just like a chinese takeaway

Up until a few years ago I always bought mayo from the shop, normally hellmans. Then I remember one day I was making coleslaw for a BBQ and had no mayonaise left. I'd heard all the horror stories about making your own, but I thought I would give it a try! I got my recipe from one of Gordon ramsey's cookbooks. But here is the youtube link : YouTube - Gordon Ramsay - Homemade Mayonnaise

Its so much nice than ordinary shop bought mayo, it goes off a lot quicker, but you can make as little as you want. Also you can add your own flavourings, garlic, chilli, herbs etc. I used sunflower oil (not sure of the carb content). It really is easier than I thought, cheaper and not full of additives :)

Back