Share your weekly shopping

I can't sleep tonight so decided to do my online shop with Sainsbury's to be delivered for Tues of next week...

Sainsbury's Cranberry Juice Drink, No Added Sugar
Sainsbury's Blackberry & Blueberry Flavoured Sparkling Water
Sainsbury's Strawberry & Kiwi Sparkling Water 1L
Sainsbury's Cranberry & Apple Sparkling Water

Sainsbury's Mixed Bean Salad
Sainsbury's Extra Lean Beef Steak Mince 500g
Sainsbury's Sugar Free Mallows
Sainsbury's Lean Ham
Sainsbury's Closed Cup Mushrooms

Fanta Orange Zero 6x330ml
7Up Sugar Free 6x330ml
Walkers French Fries Six
Oxo Recipe Cubes Spag Bol
Babybel Light 240g 12 Pack

Sainsbury's Carrots, Basics 1kg
Sainsbury's Lean Diced Casserole Steak 440g -
Sainsbury's Spaghetti 1kg
Batchelor's Mushy Processed Peas

Sainsbury's Biere Des Flandres 18x25cl
Sainsbury's Garlic, Basics x2
Sainsbury's Dried Green Lentils 500g
Sainsbury's Dried Red Lentils 500g
Sainsbury's Pickled Beetroot, Sliced 710g

Family Free Range Eggs x15
Sainsbury's Potatoes, Basics 2.5kg
Sainsbury's Spring Onions Bunch
Sainsbury's Cherry Tomatoes
Sainsbury's Tomatoes, Basics 450g
Sainsbury's Cucumber, Whole
Sainsbury's Little Gem Lettuce
Sainsbury's Onions 1kg

Lol Well we popped into tesco for a few bits and on top of what I got at asda the other day came back with:

2 bag red onions
Cherry tomatoes (loving these roasted at the moment)
Pak Choi
Asparagus
Banana
Clementines
Frozen fruit (summer berries and strawberry and blueberries)- Giving this a go as I take fruit to work to have with my mullers so this may be a cheaper option!
Bag of spinach
2 500g lean mince (reduced to £2.15) does anyone else find Tesco never reduces by much!)
2 boxes youngs cod in parsley sauce (on offer £2 for 4, usually £4- only 1.5 syn each!)
Carrots
Cod in batter for OH
Smoked bacon
4 pack branston baked beans (on offer £1!)

Another £50 out of pocket lol! We did get some other bits, shampoo etc but have enough fruit and veg to feed a small army now! :)

i am waiting for a 15% off my shop at Ocado next week - i tend to alternate between them and Waitrose Deliver....one delivers free, one charges!!!! but when they offer 15% off it is a good deal.....:D

Just got back from Asda, thought I'd share some of the bargains on special offer I got (not whoopsied)

Branston Beans x4 1.00 (normally 2.20)
Laughing Cow light (8) .50 (normally .98)
Quorn sausages (chilled) (6) 1.00 (normally 2.10) I cleared the shelf (15 pks)

Just got back from , thought I'd share some of the bargains on special offer I got (not whoopsied)

Branston Beans x4 1.00 (normally 2.20)
Laughing Cow light (8) .50 (normally .98)
Quorn sausages (chilled) (6) 1.00 (normally 2.10) I cleared the shelf (15 pks)

Were you in Gateshead ASDA yesterday?..........not one pack of Quorn mince left......LOL...but I did manage to get some sausages for a £1
Ended up buying ASDA's own Vegetarian Mince.....and it has syns......boo hoo

Hi
Seen a couple of people have oxo cubes - bolognaise on there lists. Can you give me suggestions for use other than the obvious. Also what kind of flavouring are they. I have never heard of them before.

Thanks

Didn't really need many items this week, just a top of things I was low on and a few additional items.

popped into Walmart quickly first, to get the low syn turkey breakfast sausages I recently discovered and then went to Zehrs, which is my usual grocery shopping place in Canada, well either there or my local produce shop - which has some lovely fruit and vegetables.

Fruit/Veg
Pink Naval Oranges (omg I sampled some of these in the grocery store - DELICIOUS!!)
D'Anjou Pears
Bananas
2 mangoes
bag of red seedless grapes
bag or large red seeded grapes

Leeks
Courgettes
Garden Mixed Vegetable Salad bag
Red pepper
Sweet potatoes
Fresh Coriander
Kabocha Green Squash

Bakery
100% whole wheat loaf (HEb for 57g)

Dairy/Fresh

Reduced Fat Mature Cheddar (HEa)
2 packs Turkey Breakfast Sausages (2 for 1/2 a syn)
Skinless Chicken Thighs
2 packs of back bacon
Laughing Cow lights (HEa)

Store Cupboard Ingredients
3 tins of Heinz Baked Beans
2 tins of lentils
2 tins of Six Bean Medley
Whole Wheat Lasagne Sheets

Snacks

2 bags of Quakers Crisp Mini's - Ketchup flavour (4.5 syns for 20g)

Total cost: £40.59 QtyProductSubstitutePrice 1Batter Mix
tick-18x17.gif
£0.07 1Batter Mix
tick-18x17.gif
£0.34 1Passata
tick-18x17.gif
£0.25 2Apple & Blackcurrant Squash (No Added Sugar)
tick-18x17.gif
£1.40 1Summer Fruits Squash (No Added Sugar)
tick-18x17.gif
£0.70 1Alpen Light Bars Summer Fruits
cross.gif
£1.50 1Alpen Light Bars Chocolate & Fudge
cross.gif
£1.50 1Orange & Pineapple Squash (No Added Sugar)
cross.gif
£0.70 3Dark Chocolate
cross.gif
£1.00 1Chicken Breast Fillets
cross.gif
£3.99 1Shades Best Ever Peach Rolls
cross.gif
£4.68 2Tuna Chunks In Brine
cross.gif
£1.18 1Mixed stir fry - peppers
cross.gif
£0.83 2Instant Coffee
cross.gif
£4.00 1Freshly Frozen Broccoli Florets
cross.gif
£1.07 1Shredded Wheat Bitesize
cross.gif
£1.98 1Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice
cross.gif
£0.33 1Extra Light Mayonnaise Squeezy
cross.gif
£1.00 1Mango chunks
cross.gif
£1.50 1Semi skimmed fresh milk
cross.gif
£1.25 1Skimmed fresh milk
cross.gif
£0.86 1Nimble - malted wholegrain
cross.gif
£0.65 2.0
kgBananas
cross.gif
£1.54 0.8
kgGranny smith apples
cross.gif
£1.23 1Good for you sweet and sour sauce
cross.gif
£0.83 1Fresh Tastes Fresh Egg Noodles
cross.gif
£0.83 1Mushrooms
cross.gif
£0.87 1Fruit salad - berry mix
cross.gif
£1.50

sorry i tried to cut and paste from online shopping list. ha ha ha

Okay so I managed to remember to take a picture of my groceries today lol. Actually I did forget and put half the things away and had to get everything out again LOL! That’s why the bread looks frosted because it was in the freezer for about 30 mins! Okay so here’s the list and pics! I have to say first though that not everything is SW friendly and are probably for DH so bear that in mind, if it doesn’t look like a free food or HE then it probably isn’t :D
Didn't get any meat because my freezer is full of lamb leg steaks, extra lean mince, chicken thighs, salmon fillets and bacon!

FRUIT & VEG
Mangoes
Pomegranate
Lemons
Plums
Pineapple
Banana

Corn on the cob
Cucumber
Green beans
Okra
Mushrooms
Coriander
Cherry tomatoes
Chillies
Carrots
Mixed peppers
Spanish red peppers
Celery
Romaine lettuce
Spinach

STORE CUPBOARD
Italian crispbreads
Rustic white roll
70% chocolate
Capers
Multigrain rye bread
Vogel wholemeal & oat bread
The food doctor multiseed & cereal pita bread
Pasta (M&S)
Brown rice
Bulgar wheat
Balsamic vinegar
Chickpeas
Shredded wheat cereal

DAIRY
Cravendale skimmed milk
0% Greek yogurt
Free range eggs

PICS!
IMG00265-20110120-1307.jpg

IMG00267-20110120-1308.jpg

IMG00266-20110120-1307.jpg

IMG00268-20110120-1308.jpg

IMG00272-20110120-1313.jpg

IMG00273-20110120-1315.jpg

IMG00275-20110120-1321.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Vegetables are so beautiful, I love looking at veg displays at farmers markets!

Looks yummy honey and very healthy. I am a big advocate of whole grains, especially since I was diagnosed with PCOS, so is great to see lots of whole grain stuff in your shopping ;).

What is the okra like? Does it taste similar to any other veg? I keep meaning to try it.

Hi Britmum! Generally I love wholegrains, it's just wholemeal pasta I struggle with so I've decided to just stick to white which I love. Life's too short to eat wholemeal pasta lol!

Oh I love love LOOOOOVE okra! I can't really compare it to any other veg, maybe asparagus? It's hollow inside with lots of little white seeds and gets slimy when you overcook or boil it. I like to just top and tail and cut them in half and quickly sautee in some olive oil with Malaysian flavours like ginger, garlic, onions, dried prawns and LOTS of chillies. Then season with salt & pepper and a bit of stock cube powder, cover with a lid to steam for about 5 mins (sometimes I sprinkle a little water over it to get the steam going), stir and serve over steamed rice. You can have it just like that or with some extra protein like grilled fish or chicken or throw in some prawns, squid or other seafood with it. It's delicious, one of my faves! I think I'll make this for dinner tomorrow night! :D

Honeyoc said:
Hi Britmum! Generally I love wholegrains, it's just wholemeal pasta I struggle with so I've decided to just stick to white which I love. Life's too short to eat wholemeal pasta lol!

Oh I love love LOOOOOVE okra! I can't really compare it to any other veg, maybe asparagus? It's hollow inside with lots of little white seeds and gets slimy when you overcook or boil it. I like to just top and tail and cut them in half and quickly sautee in some olive oil with Malaysian flavours like ginger, garlic, onions, dried prawns and LOTS of chillies. Then season with salt & pepper and a bit of stock cube powder, cover with a lid to steam for about 5 mins (sometimes I sprinkle a little water over it to get the steam going), stir and serve over steamed rice. You can have it just like that or with some extra protein like grilled fish or chicken or throw in some prawns, squid or other seafood with it. It's delicious, one of my faves! I think I'll make this for dinner tomorrow night! :D

Ooh sounds good, will get some. Next time I see some at my local fruit and veg place.

Have you heard of fiddleheads, very strNge looking veg, I haven't been daring enough to try them. Lol

Aaaarrrgh fiddleheads scare me!! They look like something from another planet! I'm waiting for someone else to try it and let me know what it's like lol. *shivers*

Here's a pic of the stirfried okra with rice, I made it with prawns and squid

rice002.jpg

rice004.jpg

Honeyoc said:
Aaaarrrgh fiddleheads scare me!! They look like something from another planet! I'm waiting for someone else to try it and let me know what it's like lol. *shivers*

Here's a pic of the stirfried okra with rice, I made it with prawns

Ooh that does look yummy.

Fiddleheads scare me too haha, but I thought if anyone had tried them it would be you :p.

The description of what they taste like doesn't sound too appetizing either. Who knows though I might brave it and try them, not while pregnant though, I would prob heave lol

Back