Sharing favourites & new discoveries

Anyone seen any good carbonara sauces?
At the moment I get Aldi's which is 3pts per serving and is GORGEOUS (I normally use 2pts worth though :D).

WW cookies and cream sundaes! 2.5 points and they're soooo nice! I love them, I just had one and I could have another one if I could be bothered to go downstairs :rolleyes:

See girls, the secret to being slim is living at the top of a 3 storey house :p

x

Hovis Original Granary bread - small loaf size 1 point per slice but the slices are thick and really tasty.

Thanks for that lydia :) After i read this yesterday i went out to get a loaf this morning! I was really surprised to see how thick the slices actually are! I came home and i've just had 2 slices with turkey ham and mayo - yummy and REALLY filling ;) Deffo a good buy!!

I just wanted to say i had a gorgeous flat bread sarnie from M&S today, filled with chargrilled veggies. Only 3.5 points, very filling and extremely yummy. Perfect for lunch on the run!

Anyone seen any good carbonara sauces?
At the moment I get Aldi's which is 3pts per serving and is GORGEOUS (I normally use 2pts worth though :D).

Sainsburys BGTY carbonara is pretty nice - cant remember the points but its 128kcal and 3g sat.fat for 1/2 tub.

Aldi's Carabonara sauce is also very nice - 3 pts per half tub, but if you use 2 points worth it's still enough :)

x

Sainsbury's BGTY Cumberland sausages - 1 point.

I shall return in an hour with a verdict on taste :D

x

Mmm, I do love quorn, although I'm going to do core this week to give my poorly tummy a rest so will be sticking to the plain stuff. Might make a spag bol this week tho.

Verdict on the sausages: edible.

They're not great, but I'd rather have 3 of those than 1 full-fat sausage. :)

x

Verdict on the sausages: edible.

They're not great, but I'd rather have 3 of those than 1 full-fat sausage. :)

x

asda good for you cumberland sausages are really nice :) you can have 3 for 4 points x really nice with some tomato sauce in danish bread.. thats my sunday breakfast! :D

i haven't read through all the posts on her cos there are sooo many but my greatest saviour when I want crisps has to be snack a jacks lightly salted or salt and vinegar popcorn, only half a point a bag love it!!!

I just had a ww vanilla creamed rice - 1.5pts, and totally yum. I am VERY fussy about rice pud, and this one is tasty. Also, i posted this before in the general recipe section, and will put it into the ww recipe section here, but here is a fab recipe for jelly snakes and they are free!!!
Take a pack of sf jelly - any flavour
3 tspns gelatine
240ml boiled water
mix jelly and gelatine in the water, and stir well. put the mixture into a flat tray, I used the lid of a biscuit tin, and leave to cool, then place in fridge for half hour. Slice down the middle then into strips, and voila - jelly snakes!!! They are yum, and guilt free. Not sure about laxative effect though!! Especially depending on amount you eat!! Also, you may have to make extra batches, as the kids lovvvvveee them!!!

Thanks for the tips guys. Those snack a jacks sound fab! I am now craving some crisps....

I have eventually found the Rosemary Conley's Low Fat Mousse and thought it was gorgeous at only 2 points. Found it in Asda

Also got Rosemary Conley's Porridge again at Asda and that works out at 2 1/2 points for a tub

Irene xx

Excellent resource! I've just added heaps of things to my weekly shopping list!! :) X

skinny cow!

:eek::eek:yummy I've just had a double chocolate skinny cow icecream, so flippin nice and only a point and a half yum yum give them a go! xxx:D

Hi Guys
the new laughing cow extra low fat cheese is only one point for 3 triangles and it has quite a strong flavour for a spreadable cheese.

Hi, just been making a list from all the great suggestions.

here's mine

Asda gfy chocolate mousse : 1point
Bakin boys flapjack finger: 2points
Quorn plain fillets: 1/2 point each (fantastic!)
Oatso simple (nuts& seeds) - made with Water - 2.5points (and sooo yummy)

Going shopping later with my list in tow

Having found this thread, I don't think I will ever be worried about not eating all my points again.

LRO xx

Back