Sharing favourites & new discoveries

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Vintage Points' started by Starlight, 7 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It just struck me today when we were commenting on another thread about how low in points Mini Milks and Soleros were that there are probably loads of little gems that we dont realise that are low in points. How about sharing them? I had no idea the range of WW foods around and have been discovering more and more every week at Asda.

Things like:

Biscuits & Cheese - 2 servings in a pack - 1.5 points each
    Malt Loaf - 1 point per slice
    Malted finger rolls - 2 points

Non WW items:

Low fat Super Noodles - only 3 points!! (Same as WW ones but nicer)

Anyone else got any more? Or just any items youve found that are good substitutes for the full fat versions (like the Super Noodles)

Sometimes things are under our noses in the supermarket and we might not think of trying them, or notice them without a dunt in the right direction

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I have a confession to make on the solero front....the redberry ones are 1.5 points as I said, but the tropical ones are actually 2 points. Still well worth it in my opinion because they are sooo creamy and delicious, but thought I'd better set the record straight as I didn't want to be responsible for anyone going 0.5 over their points allowance, lol.

My favourite low fat alternatives are as follows:

Potato head crisps - 1.5 points per pack
    Aplen light bars - 1 point per bar
    Rainbow drops - 0.5 per pack
    Tesco Healthy Living sweet & sour sauce - 0.5 per 1/4 jar
    Tesco Value shepherds pie - 3.5 points (cheap in price and points! - great for dinner if you've over indulged throughout the day, I just have mine with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and 0.5pts worth of gravy - yum!)
    Straight to Wok Medium egg noodles - 3.5 points per portion (Another really low point meal - I just use these with loads of beansprouts, mushrooms, onions, touch of garlic and soy sauce for a huge filling dinner - more like a chow mien than a stirfry and it's yummy!)

Those are my main godsends, I'll update as/when I think of more.

4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I meant to ask, is that for the whole pack?!

5. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    I don't know the points but I can tell you that Waitrose are now doing individual pots of houmous which are great for lunch with a pitta bread and some celery and carrot sticks all for just under 300 cals! Very satisfying and tasy and think how pleased the poisonous pixie(Gillian Mckeith) would be!

love Barb xx

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Certainly is!!

7. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Brilliant! I'll definitely be adding some of those to my shopping list this week then! So, so far on this weeks shopping list (thanks to this forum) I have mini milks, melba toast, strawberry and cream cookies and supernoodles...yum yum! Lol!

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ive mentioned this elsewhere but having just had one I had to mention it here.

For a sweet fix

A meringue nest, topped with creme fraische and fresh fruit is only 2 points. I sometimes break up the meringue and put it in a glass, topped with the rest, makes it feel more decadent.

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    WW Citrus yoghurts are half a point each! Ive started chopping up an apple and pouring the yoghurt over it, it makes a good size portion AND its only 1 point :)

10. BurtBird

BurtBird Gonna be a 10!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    YUm

Found Tesco HL quarter pounders only 2.5 points - really thick and meaty and not fat!!!! Yum yum!
    Also they have a "naturally good for you" or naturally healthy range and the lickle square pizza topped with pesto chicken and spinach with a bit of cheese and tomato is practically the same as the weight watchers ones but nicer! 6.5 or 6 ....
    xxx

11. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What a great thread. Off shopping at Asda tonight... so if find any goodies will let you know. :)

Deb x

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The Tesco burgers are a must, theyre something I dont eat very often but you know what its like when you get a craving lol

Sparkle also posted on another thread: A pack of 6 Melba toast is only 1 point. Topped with something like WW cheese triangles (1/2 point) is another great low snack :)

Last edited: 24 January 2007
  13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I havent worked out the points value for Skinny Cow tubs of icecream but the icecream sticks are only 1.5 points and theyre delicious!!

14. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I just found this on the weight watchers forum, so I've copied and pasted it for everyone's information. They sound really really yummy and I thought you all might like to see it (I hope it's ok that I copied and pasted it from another site!?)...

You need to buy some filo pastry (can get it ready made in the fridge department at most supermarkets) and then loads of zero point veggies!!

You cook/fry/bake/griddle your veggies (they have to be cut up nice and small)

Beansprouts, carrots, spring onion, cabbage are really good combo.

Then you can add a bit of soy sauce and oyster sauce (not much as you dont want to make it to wet) - or try chilli sauce!

Then cut your filo pastry sheet in half and then put your filling in the middle of the sheet (going length ways), so you can then fold up both the ends first (stop it falling out) and then roll it so its all covered in pastry!!

Then bake for about 10mins!!

YUM!!!!!!!!!

(If you only use 0 point veg and soy sace and 3 sheets of filo pastry, you can make six spring rolls for 1.5 points!!)

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I DO wish I liked veggies lol

WW Packs of Citrus yoghurts are all half a point each, theyre lovely. Had one last night with a chopped apple, only 1 point in total :)

16. Artyjoe

Artyjoe Regular Member

Start Weight:
    15st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Starlight, loved the meringues idea, but I think i'd prefer yoghurt over instead of creme freche, would that be the same points?

This morning I had a citrus yoghurt for breakfast with a pear and plum for only 1.5 points...good job too as I had a lot at lunchtime :)

I've just found the WW cookie bites which I think are quite nice, at least I feel like I'm hving more of a treat compared to the packs of two biscuits, which are probably more dense but TWO BISCUITS...I'm used to two packs ;-)

17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi there

Yoghurt may be even less depending on what you use. The Creme Frasiche I use is 1pt the meringue is only half a point so is the fruit. I only use a dessert spoon of CF so yoghurt would probably be around the same, or less if its WW

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Just discovered Golden Wonder Ringos - only 1 point per packet and theyre lovely!! :)

20. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Karion Dieting mentioned in another thread about an apple sprinkled with cinnamon and heated in the microwave. I've tried it and it's delicious!! :p

21. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I bought some Skinny Cow icecream this week, absolutely gorgeous. Id recommend the Truffle Berry Fling - chocolate and white chocolate with raspberry sauce and truffle pieces. An average portion is 2.5 points - and totally worth it :D

22. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Crumbs i wish i hadn't read this - i'm ss'ing and my tummy is rumbling like crazy!!!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.