Sharing favourites & new discoveries

Have just spent about 2 hours reading all these posts and have picked up some awesome tips and have definitely made myself ready for lunch (or maybe 4 lunches :))
As a vegetarian, I have quorn pretty much every day. It tastes great and I think it tastes exactly like the 'real' thing - especially if it is in a sauce. I know a few of you have already mentioned some quorn stuff, but thought I would mention some more.
I made a really filling, and pretty healthy, shepards pie with quorn mince. Cook the mince with tin tomatoes and add loads of veg (mushrooms, onions, peppers, carrots ect) and put it in a dish and then top it with a mashed potato/ mashed carrot mix (healthier than just mashed potato) and it makes a great meal.
Other great quorn products (Pretty sure the points values are right - let me know if they are not):
1/2 pack of lemon and pepper quorn bites = 1pt
1/2 pack quorn fajita strips = 1pt
4 quorn meatballs = 2.5pt
1 ham deli slice - 0.5pt
Cottage pie ready meal = 3.5pt
2 quorn sausages = 1.5pt
Every kind of dish you would use meat in (pasta dishes, curry, Chinese, Mexican ect) i use quorn in and it tastes great and has less points in :)

Thanks again for all the suggestions you have all given. They should all keep me going for a while.

WW carrot cake - only 1pt per slice and sooooo sweet if you just need something sugary. The only problem is, I think I could get hooked on them

so much for me avoiding rubbish to use up my points....well, a girl has to make sacrifices for her weight loss - even when its carrot cake

LRO xx

I tried the ww hoola hoop style snacks. They are 1pt per bag, and have salt and vinegar or lightly salted. I tried the salted, and they are very very salty. Too much IMO.
Just wanted to let you know.
I am going to try the nacho tortillas tonight. will report back.
Still loving the ww vanilla rice, actually madly in love!!!!!

Just discovered the WW bacon bites... 1 point per pack - gorgeous
And Delmonte Banana & Strawberry Smoothy bars - 1 point each

I tried the ww hoola hoop style snacks. They are 1pt per bag, and have salt and vinegar or lightly salted. I tried the salted, and they are very very salty. Too much IMO.
Just wanted to let you know.
I am going to try the nacho tortillas tonight. will report back.
Still loving the ww vanilla rice, actually madly in love!!!!!

Oh my goodness i bought the vanilla rice today it was flippin amazing i think i love it too! so nice! yum!:)

WW Belgian chocolate slices. OMG. They are amazing. Far to small IMO, should come by the bucket load. But they are only 1.5pt

Had a WW chicken caesar wrap at 4 points and a WW roast chicken and stuffing sandwich at 4 1/2 points both gorgeous.

Also skinny cow hot chocolate at 1/2 point for sachet.

Irene xx

Chilli and Chocolate (but not together)

Couple of good finds

Linda McCartney Chilli non carne - decent portion, very tasty and 3.5pts (no rice so good for a lunch on saving points day)

Aldi: Mr Roth 80% cocoa chocolate. This is ACE. It comes in what looks like a really big bar but inside there are 5 little baby bars (each 25g - and an amazing 2.5pts each) This is a total bargain as dark chocolate satisfies that choc craving for an age.

I never used to like it but then I think it was because my palate had become educated to eat rubbishy chocolate - having been off it for so long, I now really like it and you only eat teeny weeny bits.

I see WW limited edition mango and passion fruit mousse are back on sale. It was always my favourite flavour so happy it is back for the present. 1 1/2 points a pot

Irene xx

Tesco discount range - you know the one i mean dont you - yellow stickers on.

The ham in the chilled section that is 1.99 for loads of slices, deli style, is 2 points per 100g, avargae 4 slices!! 0.5 points a slice!

this is an amazing thread...i have made a huge list of what to buy. thank you guys!!!

ive just eaten ww cheese puffs. 1pt a bag. they are really filling and they seem to go on forever.

ive just eaten ww cheese puffs. 1pt a bag. they are really filling and they seem to go on forever.

Can agree with that :D

The WW hot chili tortilla things (like doritos) are NOT spicy enough and taste like cardboard if I'm honest.

The WW 'hula hoops' aren't really salty enough (though that can easily be solved :D) and are actually more like hula hoop shaped french fries (the crisps, I mean.) If that makes sense. :p

x

Can agree with that :D

The WW hot chili tortilla things (like doritos) are NOT spicy enough and taste like cardboard if I'm honest.

The WW 'hula hoops' aren't really salty enough (though that can easily be solved :D) and are actually more like hula hoop shaped french fries (the crisps, I mean.) If that makes sense. :p

x

i have only tried the hula hoops once and i wasnt too keen. bit bland. to be honest skips are only 1 pt so id rather buy them. ill buy which ever is on offer.

Whenever I've seen Skips they've been 1.5 points, maybe it's like the French fries - the multipack ones are 1 point?

xx

Back