Sharing favourites & new discoveries

Re Walkers french fries - Is there a difference between multipack packets and individual ones? Maybe that's the 0.5 difference??:confused: Just a thought

Jackie

Yeah, my leader told us a while back that normal bags are 1.5, whereas multipack bags are 1 point....

Only problem is there's 12 of them ;)

xx

On the manual point counter it's 1.5 but on the calculator it's 1. The problem being 0.3 Sat Fat. It's in the middle. Manually I'd say 1.5 but calculator says otherwise. Who am I to argue? LOL. xoxo

Quorn mince!! Brilliant stuff!!

I was really unsure about this before I tried it, but I'm so glad I did! One of my favourite meals is chilli con carne, we have it every week and it's one meal that I always really enjoy...but, it works out at about 10 points for the meal (I like big meals, hehe) which seems a bit much. So, I decided to try quorn mince, because I'd read somewhere that it was healthier than mince.

The portion of lean minced beef I use for a bolognese or a chilli is 3 points, but a portion of quorn mince is only 1.5 points, AND it goes further and makes a bigger portion than 'the real thing'! So, not only is it supposedly healthier, it's also half the points AND makes a bigger meal!

I swear to god that if I hadn't cooked it myself I would never have known it wasn't meat...probably because the flavours in chilli and bolognese are so strong, so you don't really taste the meat anyway (or at least you don't in mine, ha ha).

I highly recommend it!

Not sure I'm brave enough to try their sausages and 'chicken' etc, but the mince definitely has my approval.

- I've just tried quorn mince for some spaghetti bolognaise and it was pretty good - I'm impressed! But how much is 'a portion' of quorn? WW website points it per portion too and I'm struggling!! Does it actually mean that a good serving of quorn spag bol is 5ish points or is this going to be one of these devastating moments where you realise you're actually eating 3 times what you thought you were?!
xx

- I've just tried quorn mince for some spaghetti bolognaise and it was pretty good - I'm impressed! But how much is 'a portion' of quorn? WW website points it per portion too and I'm struggling!! Does it actually mean that a good serving of quorn spag bol is 5ish points or is this going to be one of these devastating moments where you realise you're actually eating 3 times what you thought you were?!
xx

A portion of my Quorn bolognese sauce is 1-2 points (made with just quorn and 0 point veg) then apart from that it's just the spaghetti.

So 5 points is about right if you don't have much spaghetti.
I seem to remember it's 1.5 points per 100g (1/3 of a packet of the frozen mince).

xx

See this really bothers me..... according to the online WW tracker, french fries are 1.5 points. If they are 1 point then I'm being diddled out of half a point every time I have a bag........ that's a whole apple..... or a jumbo caramel snack a jack..... or two satsumas!! Dammit!

Really late seeing this but the WW esource thing is in a nutshell - crap! Its totally inaccuate in hundreds of things and quite honestly WW should be ashamed of it.

I wouldnt trust anything on it... go by your calculator :)

I am loving Oatsosimple and it is so easy to make and very filling.

Help please. After reading about blackwidow's love of Oatsosimple I bought a variety box. Have just had an original packet made with water instead of milk and it was gorgeous. Would i want to know is when i look at the box there are 3 columns first per 100g the second 27g and the third 27g made with semi-skimmed milk. Using the info in column 2 it works out at 1 1/2 points but don't know if this would be the calculation made with skimmed milk or water. So what does everyone think?

Irene xx

Last edited:
Also oat so simple fan, have it most mornings. I would point the original one at 1.5pts then add on additional points for any milk you use

x

How the heck can those WW garlic ciabatta thingies only be 3.5 points?!?!? They are so delicious, even more so than the full fat ones! I'm in shock!

Morrisons do 12 individual cheesecakes frozen and they are only 1.5 points each. They are really creamy aswell really hit the sweet spot

Great thread - have lots of new ideas! yay!

I had AuntBessie's frozen mash today - I know, how lazy can you get, but it was gorgeous! And easy to point...

I had 4 'discs' which was an average portion (actually on pack they say 5 is a portion, but 4's enough - and it was 3 points. Really creamy, fast and simple to point!

Also - Tesco's cheap brand is it 'basics'? Vegetable burgers - basically veggies in a very crispy crumb - 1.5 each (3.5 for 2) are gorgeous!

x

How the heck can those WW garlic ciabatta thingies only be 3.5 points?!?!? They are so delicious, even more so than the full fat ones! I'm in shock!

Oh I completely agree with you they are lush. They are so light aswell. I've also got the dough balls to try. The only problem I have is stopping myself putting the whole packet in the oven instead of just half.

Hi peeps

I'm planning on having a chicken korma for dinner tonight, with rice. I'm using the WW jar of korma sauce with chicken, mushrooms and onion.

I was wondering if there are any nice naan breads or accompaniments i could add to it for around 2 points.... any advice?

Thanks
Karen

I had WW naan breads last night. They were 1.5 points each and were nice :D

My mum said they do popadoms too but i havent seen them yet

Back