Sharing favourites & new discoveries

I dont know if this has been said (cant be bothered reading through 14 pages!) butttttt the weetabix cereal bars are delish & only a point each! they do a white choc one & a milk choc one, white choc one is the best in my opinion, cant believe its only a point! Oh & tesco have them on offer quite a bit, £1 a box xx

I dont know if this has been said (cant be bothered reading through 14 pages!) butttttt the weetabix cereal bars are delish & only a point each! they do a white choc one & a milk choc one, white choc one is the best in my opinion, cant believe its only a point! Oh & tesco have them on offer quite a bit, £1 a box xx

I may have to invest in some of those! :D thank you!!

I may have to invest in some of those! :D thank you!!

If you manage to track them down you'll be thanking me again!

Just noticed your post busybee, was it the mexican spicy bean soup by any chance!? I had that one the other day, very nice but it kept coming back to visit me all day too! :eek:

just needed to leave a tip. I love the WW lemon slice with a cuppa about 3.00pm whilst at work. At my WW meetings a lovely lady said " no they're expensive, try the Tesco ones, they have a point labelled on them" So I thought always trust a woman's tips especially from someone who looks gorgeous, she must know the secret.....so I did and all I can say is I would rather spend the extra 49p to get the quality. The WW are the best, very lemon and moist and if I am making your mouths water, then buy a pack - yummy and scummy :D

Not really a meal as such but hellmans extra light or asda extra light mayo is 0 points!!!

worked it out on my points calculator and was shocked.

I tend to mix it with 1/2 tin of tuna (1 point) and some red onion (o point)

Amazing on a slice of toast or a warm pitta bread :D

Another good lunch idea is half a tin of baked beans poured over 2 slices of ww toast. (3 points in total) theres no need for marg as the sauce soaks into the bread and you cant taste the difference

Birds eye veggie burger (1 1/2 points) with home made wedges ,baked potato cut into wedges sprayed with low fat spray and covered in spicy piri piri seasoning (2 1/2 points) Dollop of extra light mayo (o points)

4 points in total for a light dinner

Vickyx

Not really a meal as such but hellmans extra light or asda extra light mayo is 0 points!!!

worked it out on my points calculator and was shocked.

I tend to mix it with 1/2 tin of tuna (1 point) and some red onion (o point)

Amazing on a slice of toast or a warm pitta bread :D
Vickyx
Never thought that you could actualy add some mayo and still not to worry abt points!! I am most definitely going to try it - good tip. Thank you:party0051:

Another vote for Quorn
300g bag of mince, passatta, onion, grated carrot & courgette, worcester sauce, garlic makes a lovely bolognaise. I can get 6 portions out of mine - 1 point a portion:cool: I also sometimes have this one baked potatoes.

Quorn chicken fillets are also delish, can't remember how many points though but 2 is something like 2.5.

Velvet Crunch crisps - 1 pt per bag.

My WW leader told me about a bag of marshmallows that were only 1 pt a bag, has anyone found them yet?

Velvet Crunch crisps - 1 pt per bag

I've never heard of those ones? get them from big supermarkets?

if you like pasta you will like this

Hi

i found this its a jamie oliver recipe its realy good and works out at 5 points
languine pasta
spinach
garlic and a tin of tomatoes or i use sainsburys oregano and tomato cartons.
boil pasta until soft and crush a clove of garlic and add with 2 sprays of oil to a wok, then add the spinach and tomato and pasta and heat through.

this is 5 points , if i have been good through the day i will sometimes have a wee bit cheese on top parmassan is amazing ut depending on the amount it does put the points up

Hi I am new to the site, Haven't read all the posts yet so I don't know if the food below is already posted. I find Tescos are great, living in Ireland we don't have Asda or Sainsburys.

Tesco, have low fat rashers smoked or unsmoked and are only half a point and are great for lunch on toast.

Tescos do a lovely reduced fat orange crispy bar and another reduced fat bar with sultanas and nuts and each bar is 1 point, the Tesco range of Cheese Curls (1point) and tesco Bacon fries (2points), and the taste lovely, I only found out about these items recently and taught I would pass it on incase it wasn't post.

A few things i find essential are:

Frozen grapes - alot more satisfying, lasts longer, kinda like sorbet.
WW mint tortes- i love these, i find them more satisfying that the brownie puddings which i also love, as the strong flavour means you dont want to eat anything after!

Morrisons are my lifesaver for roast dinners. Their own brand roast potatoes are 2.5 per serving which is a good 4/5 potatoes. alot less that aunt bessies anyway! Also their low fat gravy (if you can still get it as they seem to not have it in mine atm *heartbreak*) is lovely and no points for a cup.
I also like the tiggy puds, i think they are aunt bessies, where u get 2 yorkshires for 0.5 points. or a cheaper alternative is morrisons basics ones (in yellow plastic) which are bigger but 0.5 each.
i have them with 0 point veg stew and ww casserole meals as makes it feel a bit more indulgent.

Just thought of another one... if you like the kind of curry taste you get from chips and curry sauce from the chippy. The asda smart price curry sauce that is 5p a jar is pretty low. I think its max 4 points for the whole jar, which is meant to be 4 servings anyway but i have half. Its not spicy, or korma like its alot like takeaway! really tastes like its from a takeaway and cheap as!!! just add onion and mushrooms for nothing and i have it with ww chips.

Katie, i'm with you on the asda 5p curry sauce, its surprisingly tasty...i love it but not had it for a wile...will get some tonight me thinks and will have it over the weekend with some chicken and chips!!!! yum!

and going on the bacon trend!!!
the morrisons eat smart unsmoked bacon medallions are only 0.5 per medallion.....great on a toasted bagel!

Tesco ice lollies; cherryade / lemonade / cola flavours... remind me of childhood.. and yes i'm still having them whilst it's snowing outside hehe... anyway half a point each :) YUM

Pink and white there marshallow and wafers biscuits for a half a point (heat in the microwave for a few seconds and the go all soft)

bananna desert for 2 and a half point
1 digestive biscuit = 1 point
1 small bannana = 1 point
1 ww toffee yogure = half a point

crumble digestive biscuit (a small bit) into the bottom of a glass put a few slices of bannana on top and pour some of the ww yogurt over, then sprinkle the remainder of the biscuit over the yogurt and the rest of the sliced bannana on top and the remainer of the yogurt on top,(a layered effect)

a lovely desert for 2 and a half points

Batchelors slim-a-soup - 1pt each and only cost £0.80-£1.20 for four sachets!!! Absolutely love them!!!
Also Miso soup ( I swear for this soup) from "Pret" - 1/2 pt and only £1.50 what a steal!!! (not to add that this soup has NO carbs - nil - nothing)

Back