Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

You'll burn it all off in the run! Enjoy the extra calories :)

Sounds a good idea to up your calories, you might find that it actually helps you lose weight a little easier.

YEah sometimes a little shake up and eating a bit more kick starts the old metabolism. Enjoy the lovely carbs! :)

Yesterday I started with a sore throat and sniffles. I ate as much healthy food as I could, drank several litres of water and had an early night. Hopefully it has not developed into anything. Timing would be awful if it did!!!!

Oh no, hopefully it'll just be a late april fool's and will be gone later today!

My fingers are crossed for you shaz, what rubbish timing. Maybe try some vit c tablets or you can get tonic in the health food shop. They work a treat. X

Well I seem to be fighting off the cold, thank goodness.
I have just been on the treadmill for 45 mins (2 miles running, the rest walking). I started getting twinges in my ankle so thought I had better cut the run short and walk the rest.
My calorie burn is so low now, I only burnt 178 cals for 45 mins exercise!!!! I understand that this is due to my fitness level and weight, which is a positive thing, but my appetite has not changed so need the extra cals!!!
Anyway it's my day off, so spending it cleaning and washing. Hoping to get all my jobs done today, then should have a relaxing w/e (apart from the race!).
O/H is getting annoyed with our scales, his weight is fluctuating by several lbs each time he weighs. I don't mean over several days, I mean he is stepping on the scales 3 times and getting 3 different numbers. I am not having this problem, so suspect he is not standing on them properly. I get a feeling a new set of scales will be on the shopping list though!!!!!

Have a good day :)

Glad you're managing to fight it off. I know what you mean about the extra cals, I'm dreading those days!

We have no Virgin tv, broadband or phone. Some fault occurred yesterday and disconnected everything. The engineer cannot come out until Saturday!!!! Luckily I have my 3G on my phone, otherwise I would be most annoyed. I bet we don't get a discount for lack of service!!!!

O/H has said the scales can stay for now, we have moved them into my "gym " room which has a hard floor. It seems to have sorted the problem with different numbers each time he stands on the scales. He is really upset with his weight though. All those lbs are back on :-( :-(
I don't understand it, he has stuck to his cals every day and been eating really healthy. I know he will want to quit if things don't change soon. He is feeling hungry though, do you think he is eating enough?
On a positive though his blood pressure is almost back to normal :) :)

I couldn't tell you but would agree to maybe eating more. Smaller deficit but at least the hunger won't put him off

How much is he eating?

He is on 2000 cals and apart from one day has been under by 50 or so each day. The food he is eating is healthy food with several pieces of fruit throughout the day. I really don't understand where it is going wrong??

I'd say he was eating enough. Is he eating his exercise calories back? If not, maybe he should try to avoid the hunger pangs. Also more protein tends to stop the empty feeling. Maybe a protein high brekkie like eggs or a low cal protein powder.
It doesn't really make any sense, I understand why it would make him want to give up. Men don't tend to have any staying power! Great news on his blood pressure though, that is great Shaz! :)

If I eat more than 1 or 2 portions of fruit a day I gain weight. I love sugar but my body doesn't.

I can eat as much non sugar carbs and fat as I like as long as I'm within my maintenance calories but have to be really careful with sugar natural or not

It may be a bit of trial and error to see what works best as everyone is different. Maybe try cutting down on different things until something gives?

Have you thought the "weight gain" could be because the scales are in a different place?

Hope the cold is still on its way out if not gone xx

Hmm I reckon he's eating enough as well then, if that's including his exercise calories. Could well be that his starting weight was actually higher than he thought. Give it another week or two and weigh in the same place and see what happens then.

It is going to be a busy w/e!! It is my sisters 40th birthday today, so going out for a meal tonight and 2moro. It is also my half marathon in the morning. My whole family are going to be there supporting me, which is nice, but it puts the pressure on you a bit more to do well. Nerves are now kicking in, but they will be fine when I am on the starting line. :)

Back