She believed she could so she did...

vixter

Hi everyone,

I have been on the Slimming World journey before, and stopping that journey before I was nearly half done was the biggest mistake of my life.
It has taken me 4 years to get back where I am. So much wasted time.
I went from 21 st 7lbs on my first day of Slimming World in 2010, to 17 st 12 lbs in June 2011, found myself bouncing back into the 18s and up and down in that stone for a whole year, so at my wedding in April 2012 I was 18 stone 10 lbs. One honeymoon and one whole stone later....and the rest is history. Found myself up at 26 st 9lbs at my worst and heaviest ever, last July. Half hearted dieting saw me get down to 25 st 12 lb at new year 2016 and finally kicked myself in touch and rejoined SW on the 6th of January this year.
SO here we are!!
Things have been going so well since getting back to SW, just last week I got my 3.5 stone award - last official weigh in I was 22 st 4 lb. Not far off my start weight from back in 2010! That is one back to 'square one' I can't wait to achieve.
I will use this thread to unload my thoughts and keep tabs on my meal planning and syn spendage, whether it's just for me, or along with other forum members - and I'd be delighted to receive any comments and support.
Thanks all
Vixter

My first proper post then - it's the night before weigh in and I'm slightly worried I've over done it. Only had 10 syns total, which should be ok, but previous experience tells me I shouldn't have as many as that the night before weigh in! All in all it's been a pretty good food day and I am very satisfied.
Breakfast - Grapefruit and a satsuma
Lunch - 4 Ryvita (HEB), 75g light philly (HEA) with a tbsp of sweet chilli sauce mixed through it (1.5 syn) - this sweet chilli cheese mix is a little addiction of mine ;). 5 slices of cucumber, 4 slices of wafer thin chicken followed by a pink lady apple.
Dinner - a chicken breast cooked in Maggi italian herb papyrus 'So Tender' sheet. Yum. Had brocolli, fine beans, cherry tomatoes and leafy salad with this, plus a wee half portion (38g) of the philly light (3 syns) with another tbsp of sweet chilli (1.5 syns).
Dessert - I shouldn't have had any but I did!! a big handful of frozen berries, a meringue nest (2.5 syn) and a strawberry muller light.
I am so finished!!! It was all so tasty and I didn't get a chance to get hungry all day.

I often used to leave my HEB, HEA and all my syns until nighttime but logic tells me spreading them out more should be better for me? Anyone else do this?
I also have doubts about using my syns for extra dairy or fibre products (As and Bs) as these are potentially dangerous items - at least it feels that way to me.
I guess spending them on chocolate or cake might be worse....

So weigh day morning - I don't get weighed until later tonight though, probably about 6pm.

My own Fitbit Aria scales were kind to me this morning so I am optimistic. Hoping for a 2lb loss.

I started the week hoping for 3lb off if I'm honest, because I'm 6lbs away from my 4 stone award, and I'd loved to have cracked it in 2 weeks, but obviously that was quite a high target to aim for, and I have had a couple of obstacles (all bread) this week. I just don't think bread is for me, even the diet stuff. Found that Kingsmills no crusts that you're allowed 3 slices of finally, but it really bloated me for several days. Sometimes even being on plan doesn't work out.

Hope to get a bit more exercise done this week, have taken delivery of a set of Kettle bells (2kg, 4kg, 6kg and 8kg) and a DVD of how to 'do them'. Hoping they will be good for me...hoping they won't be too hard...but I noticed this morning my bingo wings are looking particularly flappy now, possibly due to the weight loss so far.

So we will see what 6pm brings! I'm just on speedy fruit for breakfast and lunch today, and have planned tandoori chicken strips with salad and ryvita for dinner after weigh in. :innocent002:

It sounds like you are really determined this time.
I did something very similar. In 2013 - 2014 I lost 6 stone going from 17 something to 11 something and a small size 12. It was amaze balls. Then I took my eye off of that amaze balls and got pregnant.

One very gorgeous baby later and I was back up at 18st 5lb which I'm sure was my heaviest ever (except when actually pregnant maybe). So like you I'm here to start my journey again.

I have learnt my lesson (hopefully) and that I can't ever really fully relax with food because I just don't work that way.
I will be following you with interest.

I hope your weigh in went well!! Xx

Thanks for your comments of support girls. Weigh in was decent, I lost 2 lbs bringing my total loss to 3 stone 10 lbs.
Cannot wait for my 4 stone award - it's the first one I've not actually had before!
I'm going to try so hard to get as much as possible off this week.

Dinner went as planned above. Very tasty. Had a bag of propercorn peanut popcorn for 5.5 syns for afters

Attachments

• 20160518_193034.jpg
    20160518_193034.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 42
I have decided this is going to be my SP week and I'm going to beast my next goal. I have looked into it a bit more and think I understand it a bit better than before, so fingers crossed.
I'm 22.2, but I cannot wait to see that 19**something again.

Breakfast was 2 Satsumas.
Lunch was 2 Ryvita, 2 laughing cow light triangles, 5 slices of wafer thin chicken and a grapefruit.
Dinner will be 1 Muscle Food Hache Steak, lots of salad and veg, and a ramekin of my fave light philly and sweet chilli sauce.
After dinner - sometime before bed, I will have a HiFi light bar.

This should keep me really full up hopefully, lots of S, lots of P, and my 2 HEBs are S too. Syn total=6. Faberoo!

Hi vixter :)
Thought I'd find your diary and say 'hi' You're doing so well and are proof that getting your head down and getting on with it gets results. x

Here to follow. Great work in three weight loss so far. Do you feel better for it?

I do, I feel SO much better. I could barely walk into work from my car (about half a mile) when I was up in the 25s or more. SUCH a difference now.
I feel so motivated like getting back under 20 is within grasp.

Thanks Sarah and Vegemite for the support :) I hope you're both doing well, I will go stalking you tomorrow ;)

Tonight I went and got my hair cut (mobile hairdresser that comes to my mum's house and does us both) so I am feeling gorgeous, then when I got home about 10pm I had a real treat - my hifi light chocolate orange bar, and on a whim I thought "do you know what would go really nicely with that? A chocolate orange options drink". I really hope that is ok on SP, I can't think why it wouldn't be. Takes my total final syns for the day to 7.5, and none of them wasted :)

A good hair cut can make you feel great, I'm in desperate need of one.

Do you so extra easy sp days? I was curious to do them as you get an extra hex b. But I never quite understood the rules lol

I tried SP once and never got on very well, but I have decided to give it another try this week. I always suspected my problem was having 2 HEBs, as bread and things do bloat me.
Yesterday was my first day doing it properly.
I noticed something interesting in my book that I've never noticed before in the Healthy B section.

If you notice, the Ryvita is in twice, take 4 for a HEB, or take 2 for a HEB plus S.
Same goes for Hifi lights. take 2 for a HEB or 1 for a HEB plus S.

I've figured, if I'm right, that that means if I'm doing SP I should maybe only stick with these. So what I did yesterday, and will do today, is have 2 ryvita at lunchtime, and a hifi light later on at night. Really, its only one HEB not 2 isn't it. It feels a bit tricky :/ but it should count as 2 speedy HEBs!

Running a bit low on the fruit situation today, so only got 2 apples in work with me, plus my 2 ryvita, 2 laughing cow lights, which I will syn 3 for (and use HEA on philly with dinner) and a good few slices of wafer thin chicken.
Tonight will be BBQ Chicken strips (using Spicentice BBQ rub rubbed in the chicken breast strips, and stuck in the air fryer for 10-15 mins) baby corn, asparagus, salad and sweet chilli philly. (I honestly don't have this every single night but it's working well for me this week. As a previously non salad, non veg eater, it helps me get all that stuff in me).

Tomorrow I'm off on a day trip to Orkney to see the poppies at Kirkwall Cathedral, so who knows what I'll find to eat that's on plan, but I will be trying to do not only plan but SP when I'm there.

Had a fab day out yesterday, made good eating choices for lunch but I fear I simply ate too much of a good thing in the end.
Today I've been keeping active with some housework, that is emtying a cupboard we filled with junk when we moved in haha. Two runs to the recycling centre and a quick Tesco run and now I'm at home watching football. All I've eaten so far is a Satsuma.

All you have had is a satsuma wow....that is impossible for me.

Good to have a clearing out type day isn't it.

Another day, another yummy dinner. Not sure I've totally cracked SP, or maybe it's more my quantities I should be worried about. Have a look at this collage of Saturday and Sunday's lunches and dinners

Attachments

• fishcollage.jpg
    fishcollage.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 57
Looks lush. What type of spiralizer do you have? I need a new one. Mine is years old as I got it before they became popular. Now there seems to be way better ones.

I love spiralized veg :)

Ah see I cheat, I buy 'carrot spaghetti' in Tesco in the 3 for 2 prepared veg section (usually £1 each so 3 things for £2). I have considered getting one but I really think it's mostly carrots I'd use anyway, and this way I don't have to peel them ;) ha.
Please please tell me though, what do you spiralize and do I need one after all?!!! :D

Oh no. My weight's gone up
I know they say don't weigh every day but I always have and I know my body. I really don't know how this has happened though. Please send vibes it's just water and will come off!?!

Back