Shelbell's Baby Diary

Thats fab news Shell! Really hope something happens this weekend .. guess hubby will have to 'get busy' for a couple of days eh! lol least he can do! ;)

Well, been bowling with DS, and just had a medium curry. Started to feel crampy about half an hour ago, a bit like period pain. Have sent DS up to my mums for the night just in case. Fingers crossed!

Oooh baby coming best get that kettle up to boiling again

Good luck my dear see you and bean on the other side

M

I hope so M. With Al being induced I have no idea what it all feels like. I know period style cramps are a good start though! Don't know if I should be bouncing round everywhere trying to get things moving or conserving my energy just in case :confused: With my health problems I wear out very easily so wary of doing too much. Just don't know what the right thing to do is and feeling a huge amount of pressure for this to work.

Just thought I would look at my notes to see what they wrote after the exam and sweep today. Apparantly my cervix is only 1cm long and thinning, and is 2cm dilated already :) Thats made me feel much more positive. Still getting cramps quite regularly.

I'd say relax and take things easy now Shell, labour is hard work and honestly getting yourself upset or anxious won't help at all. ((hugs)) if it's happening it'll happen anyhow no matter what you do.

Fingers x'd tonights the night. x

Morning all. Cramps coming regularly now, every 6-7 minutes or so. Only lasting about 20-25 seconds though and could stop at any time. All helps towards Monday though! Gave up trying to sleep through them and got up.

Great news! Hope they are carrying on! ((Hugs))
Either way it's your body getting ready and that's a great thing.

Yup, not quite so regular, floating between 3 and 8 minutes but mostly around 6-7. I spoke to labour ward who said I could go up and they would check me over but I feel ok so said I would rather wait at home a while longer. Don't want to have to rearrange the whole morning just to be sent home.

Hubbys been and picked up Al from my mums. My dad is visiting (he lives down south) this morning in about an hour and although he knows we may have to cancel I would rather not if we don't have to. Al is then being picked up at 12 to go to his dads for 8 days so after that if things are still the same we can always go up.

Better to hang around at home with your dad than to be 'stuck' in hospital anyhow, you know what they can be like - once they get hold of you! lol

Hope you enjoy seeing your dad. Lovely that your Son will be with his dad for a week too - will give you loads of time to recover etc. Will he see his little brother or sister for a while in that time though?

ooh good luck honey :) am so excited for you :)

and am very impatient for mine to arrive, and i have six months to go yet!! ha.

abz xx

This is all sounding very exciting Shel, I am hoping everything goes as well as possible for you. Never been there myself but full of respect for everyone that does this amazing thing.

Take care

M

Quick update. Contractions have slowed down and are quite irregular, but still happening. Just had the rest of my 'show', which came as a shock as I thought yesterday morning was all of it! Still it proves things are happening atleast :)

Back off to bed soon as been awake since 4.30am and am pooped. Can't see things progressing today really.

hope you get lots of lovely sleep =)

Definately wise move to get some rest while you can.
Sounds positive about more show coming away.. and contractions still lingering all be it irraticly.
Fingers x'd things start up again soon with more effect.
x

Hope you're getting plenty of rest whilst you can x

Back