Shelly's Shrinking Diary

Hello,

My name is Shelly, I have just turned 30 (today!) and have decided I need to turn my life around and reclaim my body.

I have never had a great relationship with food however after 3 children and marriage I feel like I've let myself become stuck in a rut thinking food can solve any problem and it's acceptable to eat until I feel sick, which it's obviously not. I had some success over the summer with a fad diet but I'm aware now that that was a temporary fix and have now started Slim & Save.

Today is my first day and boy, am I feeling the hunger! I'm on the simplicity plan and I have one more meal to go. The worst thing for me has been making meals for my children, where I would usually pick at their food while I'm preparing it I've really had to restrain myself. I know if I can just stick to this 100% I will see results next Saturday when I get on the scales, it's just strength of mind over hunger pains!

My Stats;
I'm 5'9'' and currently 193lbs and my Ultimate Goal is to be 150lbs. I really want to lose 24lbs by Christmas, no hiding from the camera for me this year!

Hoping keeping this diary will keep me on track, have been stalking the internet for inspirational photos and stories and I feel I'm in the right place mentally to do this.

Hello!! Welcome - and happy birthday!! What a great birthday present to yourself! Gaining control and getting your life and body to how you want it.

Everyone's really supportive on here and it's a great place to get some motivation and to vent away any stresses. Plus a good place to celebrate every yucky pound that you say goodbye to!!

As you've probably read on these forums - the first week is the hardest, but you have determination so I'm sure you will do fantastic. Spacing your packs out (which it sounds like you're doing) really does help. And the recipe thread on here is good for ideas. I'm sure your little ones keep you busy and distracted which really helps until ketosis kicks in.

Keep us updated on how you're getting on hun xx x xx

Hi Shelly,

Welcome and good luck. You must be super motivated to start on your birthday. Go you. Once you get the next few days under your belt it will become so much easier.

Happy birthday x

Back