Shez the Slim

Wow what a busy day haven' had time to post anything until now!

Today I ate -

B - scrambled egg and smoked salmon
L - 6 chicken slices
D - chicken liver, 2 slices of bacon (bit naughty), sauted onions and gravy made with bisto favourites granules

I'm loving liver at the moment, I think it' because it has a different texture to the normal meat im eating! Scales were kind again today and i loat another 1lb so happy with that. Tomorrow is my last day of attack eeeeek! But then I'm on holiday for 4 days so onto damage limitation then back to attack for a couple of days to get rid of the damage!

hope everyone has had a lovely day

Yes liver, haven't had that for a while & will get some I think,,,where do you buy your chicken liver from, cos I always find that they only do lambs everywhere!

enjoy your holiday...and don't be too hard on yourself!!! You will be in the zone when you get back :)

xxxx

Hi everyone I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!

Andi75 I get my chicken liver from Tescos, it's normally in the chicken section though instead of where they keep the other offal.

So I took my few days off to the extreme a bit :party0036:

Lot's of food, lots of drink and very little caring! and the final damage is +5lbs. It sounds stupid but I'm quite relieved by this as I was convinced I was going to put the whole lot back on again! I'm back on the wagon big time today and I'm still feeling motivated about it so hopefully by the end of this week that 5lbs will be gone and I can start cruising which I'm quite excited about.

One thing this few days off has taught me is how not ready to go it alone I am. I had convinced myself before I went that I was suddenly this saintly "food does not control me" type person and then as soon as I allowed myself to be free I went straight back to the things that put me here in the first place. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though I'm just going to reflect upon it and gain a little persepctive and move forward. I probably needed knocking off my perch anyway, I was feeling far too smug with myself :)

So looking forward to reading through some diaries and posts and catching up on what I've missed. Hope life and Dukan have been treating you all well.

Well - a few days of attack and you'll have that off in no time!

You've done 9lb in a week before, so it can be done again!

Good luck and stay focused!

Welcome back m'lady!! Glad to hear that you had a good weekend!

I'm the same, been cruising now for 4 months, but I still have alot of work to do to work through my food issues. Lucky for me, I'm almost there in terms of weight, and a lovely long consolidation awaits me, where I really hope to nail all this stuff. The Celebration meals are a great idea as they teach you delayed gratification, but also how to put the breaks on again.

After carbs you might get a few cravings today, but as you up your protein, they should diminish. How many PP days are you doing?

Thanks guys :)

Shelly _ belly I'm going to do 5 Days of attack this week then onto cruise and I think I'll 1:1 for a couple of weeks and see how my weight loss is. If it's quite low I might do 2 pp to every 1 pv for a couple of months do you think this would be ok?

Hi everyone I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!

Andi75 I get my chicken liver from Tescos, it's normally in the chicken section though instead of where they keep the other offal.

So I took my few days off to the extreme a bit :party0036:

Lot's of food, lots of drink and very little caring! and the final damage is +5lbs. It sounds stupid but I'm quite relieved by this as I was convinced I was going to put the whole lot back on again! I'm back on the wagon big time today and I'm still feeling motivated about it so hopefully by the end of this week that 5lbs will be gone and I can start cruising which I'm quite excited about.

One thing this few days off has taught me is how not ready to go it alone I am. I had convinced myself before I went that I was suddenly this saintly "food does not control me" type person and then as soon as I allowed myself to be free I went straight back to the things that put me here in the first place. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though I'm just going to reflect upon it and gain a little persepctive and move forward. I probably needed knocking off my perch anyway, I was feeling far too smug with myself :)

So looking forward to reading through some diaries and posts and catching up on what I've missed. Hope life and Dukan have been treating you all well.

Hey shezhoney,

been thinking about you & your hols wondering how your getting on....with weight the quicker you put it on, the quicker it comes off...so that's great news for you...sooooo glad your still motivated :) :) :) good self analysis btw :)

your back in the game :)

xxx

So first weight in back on it and I've shed 2 lbs of the 5 yippee!

Feeling the 2nd day lag already though today and it's only half 7! The thought of eggs for breakfast is turning my stomach today :-/

Food for today

B - ham and poached egg
L - chicken drumstick and a fat free yoghurt. Possibly a bit more ham if I'm still hungry
D - homemade lean beef burgers with a poached egg

Have a great day all!

Woop woop! just three cheeky lbs to go! :)

I am having a horrible day :-(

Work is super stressful and I'm feeling really ill. My throat is really swollen and it hurts to swallow. I just want to be tucked up in bed :-(

I've had about 4 throat sweets today (not sugar free) and a mug of lemsip and I'm really hoping this doesn't affect my weight loss as I'm managing to stay strong on the food front despite feeling crap. If a lemsip causes me to gain it might just push my over the edge!

Oh well only an hour and a half left then I can go to bed :4635:

I am having a horrible day :-( Work is super stressful and I'm feeling really ill. My throat is really swollen and it hurts to swallow. I just want to be tucked up in bed :-( I've had about 4 throat sweets today (not sugar free) and a mug of lemsip and I'm really hoping this doesn't affect my weight loss as I'm managing to stay strong on the food front despite feeling crap. If a lemsip causes me to gain it might just push my over the edge! Oh well only an hour and a half left then I can go to bed :4635:

Oh no hope you feel better soon, strepsils do great sugar free or halls if it lingers!
Get well soon! Xx

:ashamed0005: I just ate every carbohydrate in the house. Now I'm going to bed to feel sorry for myself and hopefully tomorrow I'll feel a little better!

Big hug....when I was reading my 2011 dukan diary the other day it said, it said on it, toast, crisps, banoffee pie, mashed potato....then in big letters FLU....we are all human & when you're ill plus stress, food planning & protein goes out of the window...we just want to feel normal again...

fresh day tomorrow, hope you're feeling better

xx

Hope you're feeling better... it sounds as if you need some homemade chicken soup!!

Get well soon, shez! Yes, lots of chicken soup and ginger tea. And I think lemsip does a sugar free version too, now?

Cxx

Thanks guys :)

Obviously didn't weigh today so no updates on that! I'm still feeling awful so I've taken the day off work but I'm determined to stay dukan so I'm going to make some chicken soup with a roast chicken (currently roasting) and a low salt knorr stock pot. Hopefully that will be sufficiently warming and filling to see me through and then tonight I'll make my lean burgers I intended to have yesterday.

Hope everyone has a good day xxx

Good for you for taking the day off and for making soup!

Get better soon! Cx

I'm back to work today and feeling sooooo much better. I've not stuck to Dukan while being ill but I am back on it today, I weighed myself this morning to see how having 4 days off whilst being ill had affected me and I'd not put on anything which is a lovely surprise! I didn't have much of an appetite (VERY unusual for me when ill) so I didn't eat as much as I usually would on a day off so that's probably why.

Anyway, today I've been reading some interesting studies about saturated fat and how it has been demonised for all these years but perhaps wrongly, in the same that eggs were before it was proved the advice on them was complete baloney.

What hit a bit of a cord whilst reading this is that Dr Dukan says in his book we shouldn't eat fat because it will make us fat, this was exactly the same thinking as eating cholesterol would raise cholesterol with eggs so is this point possibly mute? Afterall plenty of people over the years have sworn by doing Atkins which includes fat as well as protein so if what Dr Dukan said was correct shouldn't these people get fatter, not lose weight?

The study I was reading also concluded that in no way does saturated fat contribute to heart disease - the other reason for not eating it, and in fact helps lower your risk of type 2 diabetes. It also claims - and I'm sure we've all heard this before - that eating low fat foods in the past have added to the obesity epidemic as when fat is taken away it is replaced with sugar, the 'real' demon.

What has always made sense to me is 'nature good, man-made bad'. Fat is one of those things, it would have always been present in our diets as hunter gatherers so to exclude it now appears to go against nature. The fat that was found to have a negative impact on our health was trans fats - which are man-made. The article concludes that previously the four types of fat have been grouped together and demonised as a whole in a way to simplify things for the average Joe and a way of not having to put all types onto nutritional labels.

Anyway I found this all very interesting and it’s changing my viewpoint towards Dukan slightly. I'm not criticizing him in anyway because at the end of the day he could only work with what information was available to him at the time, he said in the book that 20 years ago he would have been warning people off high levels of protein so as we come to understand more the affects of certain foods on the body diets like this are always going to evolve. I think the best way for me to find out if it's true is to do my own study on myself! I will continue with the Dukan phases however I'm not going to be so ridged over my cut of steak or the skin on my chicken, and I’m going to have semi-skimmed milk! Off course if it stops working I'll have my answer and I'll never leave his advice again :)

That was my thought for the day, hope you’re all having a lovely day xxx

2 lbs today yippee! 2 more pp days and then I get a pv. So excited! Xxx

So today has been a weird day.....

We had a macmillan bake sale at work and the cakes were right behind me. My friend went and got a cake and asked if I wanted any, I said no and started explaining I'm not eating sugar and I burst into tears! Absolutely no idea where it came from and I wasn't even feeling upset! Then I started laughing about how stupid it was whilst still crying!

Very weird. I didn't have any cake though :)

Back