Shiny is back.

Do they still do the slimmer of the week thing, where everyone has to take a free food in for the basket, and the person who loses the most weight gets to take it home?
I used to love Slimming World but haven't done it for years. My problem was that I saw it as a personal challenge to eat as much food as humanly possible, rather than a healthy eating plan :eek: :D

Glad you enjoyed the swimming by the way, sounds like a great way to build up your strength after your injury :)

From what I seen on my first session was that there was a raffle for a basket of fruit and veg and the slimmer of the week gold a sticker and a round of applause :) -

Was good too as had free 'ear acupuncture' some detox thingy, it was something different and I am always up for trying new things :)

Next week we are doing a 'taste session' We all have to take in something we cook that would be totally free or virtually totally free, I am going to take in my famous curried sweet potato and split red lentil soup - everyone that tried it to date loved it :D

Busy day today, 2.5 hours in the gym, followed by lunch then a 2mile dog walk then home and 1hr 20 in the pool lol .... bot oh boy im going to hurt tomorrow!! xx

Wow what a busy day

WTF??? 2.5 hrs in the gym and 1 hr 20 in the pool
a) u must have been on a day off??!
b) how did you not end up a prune being in the water that long?!

Hehe yeh, no work due to my back injury, I am back on Monday (been off 4 weeks now) so will be glad to be back to normal!!

I did all my cardio and full body weights session all in one today - full of beans when I got home so walked the mutts and then went swimming earlier than my friends hehe, did about 30 lengths today :) and yup I was VERY pruned hehe, but boy oh boy I feel my pecs / arms and thighs burning now, so I reckon it will be a pain ridden day tomorrow lol ... day off the gym, but will have a swim for an hour :)

Good for you. Like they say, no pain no gain i suppose.
I wish i could fit the gym in, but ive had to freeze my membership at the mo as i just cant get there despite the fact that back problem has improved.
Make the most of the extra time before you go back monday, but dont overdo it!

Ye I intend too :) But I will have break from the gym tomorrow - give my body some down time - will just walk the dogs and have a swim :)

I am soooo looking forward to being back at work though.

Back problems suck don't they .... they repair then they are sure to raise their ugly head again in the not too distant future :(

:(Yeah...afraid to say thats likely....once you've done the damage t'is never the same again. Just take it easy and you will be fine. Thanks for request by the way x

More than welcome :) Well woke up this morning and feel great!, only ache and pain I have is in my right knee, and after the beating I gave my body yesterday, I am happy with that lol

By the look of your fb updates from myfitnesspal, you can burn quite a few cals leisurely swimming?
Reckon Im gonna have to get over my swimming costume fear!
I actually really like swimming and its included in my gym membership but ive never used it!
Glad you werent too sore after all that exercise!
Enjoy the sunshine today:)

Swimming is awesome!! wish I had done it at the start of my training!! However can't go swimming for 2 weeks, due to my new tattoo booooooooooooooooo

woop woop :) after joining slimming world on the 7th - I had my first weigh in last night, after all my hard work this week - based on their scales I lost 8lb in my first week - hehe, hard work paying off!!! 4lb to go to the 100lb club .... bring it on, world is my oyster :D - going to up my game at the gym this week!

Wohoooo! 8lbs is a massive acheivement, especially at this stage in your journey!! Well done :D
Keeping my fingers crossed that you hit the century next week!! (or if not, then soon)

:wavey:hey hun...i already congratulated ya on fb, but thought id say it here too, coz ya deserve it!:party0049:

don't go too mad at the gym this wk, remember your back :character00116:<----shiny, sweatin off that 4 lb x

Will do Hun, although my goal is the 4lb for the 100lb loss mark, I kinda know in the back of my mind that due to such a large loss, I reckon I might stay the same or possibly gain a little :( - I am hoping I will lose more but we will see xx - How are you getting on?

Thank you Alex xx - (1978) the year all the best people were born!! hehe

Will do Hun, although my goal is the 4lb for the 100lb loss mark, I kinda know in the back of my mind that due to such a large loss, I reckon I might stay the same or possibly gain a little :( - I am hoping I will lose more but we will see xx - How are you getting on?
me?? RUBBISH! lol thats a lie actually....ive stuck to plan today!...thats progress aint it?! You lot are motivating me, so Im feeling back on track.
Thank you Alex xx - (1978) the year all the best people were born!! hehe
Ahem....I think you will find it was 76 :giggle:

Back