Shiritaki noodles

sididd

Gold Member
Shiritaki noodles, tried to find recipies on thread but my phones rubbish.....any great ideas ????? you James Martin assistant chefs xxx

sididd said:
Shiritaki noodles, tried to find recipies on thread but my phones rubbish.....any great ideas ????? you James Martin assistant chefs xxx

Had them as a bed for salmon but........tasteless!

Once rinsed well, I boil for a few minutes and then add to a stir fry. They are totally tasteless so it's for you to add the taste with whatever you're livening the stirfry up with. I personally think they're expensive for what they are and rarely bother as they are "noodles" in name only ;)

I tried these very early in my Dukan journey and hated them I much prefer to use vegetables as a replacement for pasta or noodles, courgettes are especially good and a recent discovery of mooli( Japanese radish) is an excellent alternative

I love mooli, but I never thought of using it as a replacement for noodles, do you just cut it into narrow strips and blanch it or just throw it straight into a stir fry. I tend to eat it raw or put it in soup.

No I bought them from amazon, now not sure what you do with them £25 p&p

No I bought them from amazon, now not sure what you do with them £25 p&p

Sorry Sid I hijacked your question and was talking about using mooli as a replacement for pasta/noodles. I've only had shiritaki noodles once not a big fan, I marinaded them with soy, ginger,chilli and a bit of wasabi then I stir fried them with a chicken foo young type thing. It was quite tasty but I'm not a big fan of the texture of the noodles, maybe someone else might have some alternative recipes. I just think they have no flavour at all so added loads, but I doubt I will be buying them again.

Katie hijack anytime you want :) X FOR SOME REASON LAUSCHU YOUR POST HAS JUST APPEARED.......STRANGE X and wish I had thought of that with the mooli as im now giving shiritaki noodleS to my dukan friend to try......only 6 pkts left now...... NEVER AGAIN....

Just made Turkey stir fry, marinaded the shirataki noodles in soy sauce, and mixed with veg.......they are edible and will eat what I have left but £25 pound for them, its not worth it, and agree texture not great, but will try mooli or courgette as an alternative thanks girls xxx

My favourite way to use shiritaki noodles is with a very meaty spaghetti bolognese on pv days. In fact this is my favourite Dukan meal full stop. :)

By the way, I have found the best and easiest for me is to dry fry them to dry them out a bit before using them in a sir fry or just before putting my bolognese on top. I don't bother boiling before hand and they taste the same to me just drier.

Dear Trudy sent me 3 packets once she had bought 12 and decided they were inedible. I cooked them in condensed chicken stock and added soy sauce to make a sort of miso soup - the first bowl I enjoyed, the second I managed to get down, the third I almost gagged on! They have a short-of fishy smell and a horrible slimy texture and I would definitely not bother with them again (felt good at the time, though, as they're supposed to be pp and no calories!) xx

Back