Shirl the Girl's rocky road to Slimville...

MissSH

Afternoon people!! This as they say is the first day of the rest of my life ... Been lazy and happily in love for far too long - time to get back in shape and be able to look at myself with pride again!!!

Been trying to conceive for 12 months, and I'm convinced my weight is a contributory factor in not seeing that elusive 2nd line yet ;0)

I hope you all feel free to jump in and give advice (or bum kicks) as and when you feel necessary ... just don't lecture me on Vodka - it gets me through my job LOL ...

I'm sticking with EE for a few months - seems like it would work most for me! Time will tell.... here goes!

Today's menu

B: 28g Nestle Shreddies (hexb)
Chopped banana
Activia fat free vanilla yoghurt

L: Baked potato
Tuna
Lettuce, tomato, cucumber

Aware that I've not had a hexa yet today - I'm sure there will be some cheese on offer tonight ;0)

D: ... no idea - out for a girlfriends birthday - so could be tricky - but going for mexican (together with a Samba lesson) So I know I will make wise choices. My thought is, I could have easily put off "starting" til tomorrow, but I didn't ... ;0) Will edit menu tomorrow!

Water - 1 Litre so far

Exercise - 1 hour Samba class!

Thanks for taking the time to read ;0) .... onwards and downwards I gooooo!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Hey well done for doing a diary hun!!
Sounding good so far :)

You can do it just keep at it!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

WOW ... last night was fun with a capital FFFFFFFFF !!! I think I had one too many margaritas, but considering I would usually down Long Island Ice Teas by the gallon I think I did well ;0)

Today's menu:-

B: Shreddies (HXB)
Activia fat free yoghurt
Grapes

Snack: Melon, mango & blueberries

L: Couscous made with oxo - mixed with:-
Mackerel in brine
Spring onions
Parmesan (HXA)
sweetcorn/cauliflower/mangetout

pomegranates
Really Light Ribena

D: out with a girlfriend to our local Italian - so plenty of great choices there - will probably have Parma Ham and Melon (step away from the bruschetta!), and then a seafood spaghetti, or steak with new potatoes & veg (can you tell I've been there before LOL) Will be very good and just have sparkling water!!

Have a great day everyone! :p

Very jealous of your social life!

What day is your WI and how much do u want to lose?

Xx

Loool - this is a busy week ;0)!!! WI day is Tuesday, and I want to lose 3 stone... And I WILL!! Xxxxx

Hi Shirl, just wanted to say hi to another Shirl lol
Best of luck x

Well after two nights out on the trot, I'm ready for a quiet one today ... just lots of tv, cuddles and Vodka ... water, I meant water :D

Today's plan:-

B: Activia Fat Free yoghurt
Chopped up banana

L: steamed veg, seafood sticks, Parmesan (HXA), edamame beans, spring onion.
Pomegranates
Clementines

D: Jerk chicken, roast sweet potatoes, asparagus and mixed veg. I am ALSO going to locate some FF Fromage Frais and see if the SW coleslaw is any good!

I'll also grab a box of Alpen light bars to see what all the fuss is about and have my HXB in front of the box!

Exercise ... hopefully once bedtime arrives :p

I'm liking this diary lark ... I'm being quite cautious with what I write until you all "know" be a little better - I am quite mad :eek:

Happy Friday People!!!! Peace and out ....

Oooohhhhh..... I didn't get the ff Fromage frais - but I did get some Parma ham, and just had asparagus wrapped in Parma ham as our starter..... Yumyumyumyum... 1 syn for 28grams ;0)

Last edited:
Your dinner sounds gorgeous! What's jerk chicken!? Told you doing a diary keeps you on track! I've had no emotional break downs today so should be ok LOL!! What do you use as your syns or is that a silly question!!? Xx

I wish you well with your diet, and even more so with the concieving. I WAS trying, for around 18months, trying to kid myself that I could concieve with ease and have a healthy happy baby - and maybe I could but so far it hasnt happened and after much heartbreak and keeping clearblue in business I decided to sort my weight out first, so kudos to you too Im looking forward to losing weight to gaining baby weight :)

I find Alpen can be quite...Alpenish ;( so say you get a box of five, next week get a different flavour otherwise they can get a bit tedius (perhaps thats just me)

Also - high five on the exercise :love: :p

Thanks J :D Jerk Chicken is West Indian spices used to season chicken. You can use "wet" jerk seasoning from a jar (which I'm sure would NOT be free!!) - I am now using dry seasoning - it's really spicy - but as long as you don't season the meat with chili's too you should be ok ... I love's it :D

I've assumed I've used up my syns on those delicious margaritas for a couple of days - I know not strictly correct to do so, but I'm basically saying i've started the week with 105 syns, and then using them up til they are gone. I need to sit in the quiet and work out my syns for Weds night before commenting on how many I have left LOL!! Well done you for no breakdowns today - you'll show 'em girl xxxx

A heartfelt thank you TM - It's so all consuming isn't it!! I too have kept clearblue going over the last 12 months, as well as those blasted fertility monitor sticks LOL!!!! I guess we all have to look within, and if we say that we have done EVERYTHING we can, and we are still not conceiving, then the doctors will listen to us - I know the hospital will just tell me to lose weight before they will assist ... so I'm going there when I am at my goal .... with charts, monitors and gawd knows what else :D :D :D

We'll get there .... it's just taking us slightly longer to be yummy mummy's than other ladies :wave_cry:

Do you have a diary too? I'll keep up to date with your progress also :)

Thanks for the heads up on the Alpen - I thought I'd give them a whirl for emergencies - but I'm usually a cereal girl anyway :D

Evening lovely people!!

Had the best day with my darling god-daughter, my best friend and her little bubba - it was just the cutest day ;0)!!! Made my resolve stronger to lose the weight so I can have a little bundle to run around after..

B: tomato and herb mugshot with -
Brocoli, sweetcorn, sweet potato and red peppers

L: restaurant ceasar salad - I'm so proud of myself - asked for the Parmesan on the side, and balsamic vinegar instead of creamy sauce ;0)!!! Had egg, grilled chicken and bacon, with lettuce. Did NOT have wine, had sparkling water... Go me!!

D: grilled tuna, marinated with hit chili. Soy sauce and spring onions. butternut squash, mixed veg

I sought out a 5.5% wine called Entwine which I think is 12 syns?? We will have that with dinner, so 6 syns for me!!

I think Ive been an angel loool!!!

MissSH said:
Evening lovely people!!

Had the best day with my darling god-daughter, my best friend and her little bubba - it was just the cutest day ;0)!!! Made my resolve stronger to lose the weight so I can have a little bundle to run around after..

B: tomato and herb mugshot with -
Brocoli, sweetcorn, sweet potato and red peppers

L: restaurant ceasar salad - I'm so proud of myself - asked for the Parmesan on the side, and balsamic vinegar instead of creamy sauce ;0)!!! Had egg, grilled chicken and bacon, with lettuce. Did NOT have wine, had sparkling water... Go me!!

D: grilled tuna, marinated with hit chili. Soy sauce and spring onions. butternut squash, mixed veg

I sought out a 5.5% wine called Entwine which I think is 12 syns?? We will have that with dinner, so 6 syns for me!!

I think Ive been an angel loool!!!

Looking good missy! Xx

Wow! You are being good! Well done xx

I keep telling myself "baby, or biscuits?" lol Id rather have the baby (Not, to eat, I think they'ed be a bit chewy)

LOOOOL - TM - too true... I think I'd rather have the WINE LOL!! Although I could easily eat my god-daughter - she's just too adorable :D

How is your week going??

Thanks Jen my lovely - I don't feel lighter yet - but I did have quite a social week! So even if I've not lost this week I know I WILL!!! Love ya xx :p

Yesterday was a weird day - had a lay in and didn't get up until 10.30, but by 3pm I had to lay down and have a nap .... probably the stress of looking after 2 small children that did it :D

Meals were a little disjointed ...

Brunch: Scrambled egg, turkey rashers, butternut squash, sweetcorn & peas (leftovers ;) )

Lunch/dinner: Tomato & herb mugshot mixed with skinless jerk chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash.

Late evening snack: 1 pork rib LOL!!!

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light bars (HXB)
3 Mini babybel lights (HXA)
4 seafood sticks

Exercise - 1 hour free step on Wii whilst watching grand prix :D

Had 3 single vodka and diet cokes in the evening ... which is a miracle for me lol :D

Back