Dinner
2 Quorn chicken style burgers
SW chips
Salad

Syns 15

Sunday
No breakfast (late for church)

Lunch
Roast Pork, Roast potatoes, Broccoli, Swede, Parsnips,Peas, sweetcorn, runner beans, Gravy

Supper
Egg on toast, Melon, apple

Picked on stupid thing like a few Doritos, a bit of scone and jam, a few cheese thins!

Monday
Brunch: Crispy Potato, eggs, 3 Quorn Sausages, Mushrooms
Snacks: Apple Banana, Melon

Last edited:
Last night went belly up ( like the pun?) so incredibly tired after my extra job today I ordered Chinese and I just couldn't resist the crispy shredded beef :( or some chips and a couple chicken balls :( :( :(
I did get my 5 a day in fruit!

Today I am still incredibly tired! Must restate taking my iron tablets (on these long term as I can't take them for longer than 3-4 days as I get diarrhoea really bad so doc says to take them for four days then break for a week or two depending how I feel I can't even eat Spinach too often!) I did try taking Pregaday to get my Folic acid but have the same reaction.

Breakfast
Egg on toast HEB

Then because I am SO exhausted I had a coffee with milk (so I could make it stronger), and succumbed to a thin slice chocolate cake! I am so bad for me!!!

Lunch
None am weighing in at 3pm

Dinner
Not sure yet perhaps something veggie based. Veggie chips maybe (I'm obsessed)!
Tonight i am cooking in advance so doing winter hash for breakfasts, aubergine and spinach dhal (living dangerously) for tomorrow and Thursday's work lunches.
If theres room in the fridge I'll make some BNS soup for Friday and Saturday lunch, am working Friday and Saturday is craft club. I think Wednesday will be a green day.

Wednesday
Breakfast
Winter Hash HEA HEB (bacon and cheese)
Lunch
Aubergine and spinach dhal
Dinner
Mushroom risotto (Tesco) broccoli and carrots and extra mushrooms

Thursday
Breakfast
Winter hash HEA HEB

Lunch
Spinach and Aubergine Dhal

Dinner
Roast Chicken, Jacket Potato and Salad

Friday
Breakfast
Weetabix and fruits HEA HEB

Lunch
BNS soup

Dinner
Fake-away Kebab, Salad, potato and veggie chips mixed.

Last edited:
Lost 0.5lb I was lucky! But new start today, I have made the dahl for lunches this week, it made 3 huge portions and smells L.U.S.H! I did quadruple all the spices though.

Today
Breakfast
Eggs on Toast HEB

Coffee and Cake HEA 15 syns I reckon!

Dinner
Pork Chops, Mash and Mixed Veg and gravy 2 syns

Wednesday

B: Quorn Sausage sandwich and cherry toms 5Syns HEB
L: Aubergine and Spinach Dahl
D: Tesco light choices Mushroom Risotto 1.5 syns with a pack of button mushrooms and a head of broccoli

Snacks: banana, melon, mint muller light
HEA milk for tea
Also sneaked a biscuit no idea of syns!

Hi Shirleen. I found you !!! Yippee !!!

Looks like you are trying hard even if it is somewhat erratic at times. I was like that for almost a year............sometimes it is so hard to stay on track.

I have just made a new start and have made a promise to myself that there will be no more cheating............if I cheat I only cheat me. So willpower to the fore and Satan to the rear.

We can encourage each other............who is that imagines all thinks chocolate as being covered in mustard ???

enormous hugs xxxxxx:D

Hello! Just having a nosey at your diary - is your aubergine and spinach dahl from a recipe on here that I can nick or is it one of your own? It sounds good!

Hello! Just having a nosey at your diary - is your aubergine and spinach dahl from a recipe on here that I can nick or is it one of your own? It sounds good!

Hi!
The Dahl was a recipe in the SW magazine if you have that?
If not I'll type it up for you tomorrow.

If you do have the recipe I quadrupled all the spices.

This is obv where all the cool kids hang out!

Popping by to subscribe so I can have a nosey! ;-) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi!
The Dahl was a recipe in the SW magazine if you have that?
If not I'll type it up for you tomorrow.

If you do have the recipe I quadrupled all the spices.

Thanks for that, I do get the mag but haven't had the new one yet if it's in there. Will keep an eye out for it!

This is obv where all the cool kids hang out!

and then there was the old aged hooligan:D

Morning Shirleen...................have a brilliant day !!!

hugs xxx

Thursday
B: Quorn Sausages and eggs on toast, Melon
L: Aubergine and Spinach Dahl
D: Roast Chicken, Roasted New Potatoes, Snap peas, roast Carrots
Melon, Banana

Friday
B:3 cups black coffee
L:Batchelors savoury rice, melon,
D:SW Kebab, HUGE SALAD, co-op wm Pitta, chips 4 syns
Mint Muller light + 8 Mikado 4 Syns

Saturday
Major migraine halted eating I did have a banana and a cuppa at 6am for breakfast to aid the tablets, but then it all got so much worse!

So around 3pm I had
Egg, bacon, Quorn sausage, mushrooms and about a quarter of a spud (leftover boiled chips from last night) roasted.
Quite large but I felt much better for it.

We always have saturday tea late as Paul visits his Dad in hospital and then comes home for a sleep (he works nights Monday-Friday).

Dinner
Quorn Burgers, in WM buns (HEB and 6 Syns), SW chips and salad
Ice cream and banana 5.5 syns

Sunday

My darling Pauls Birthday so a bit of a day off.
B: Light Choices Hot cross bun (plain) 9 syns
L: Roast Beef, Roast potatoes, Cabbage, Carrots, Sprouts, Swede, Broccoli, Yorkshire puds (about 15 syns)
Tea: Ham and cheese sandwiches (HEA and HEB), Half fat crisps 5.5 syns, Chocolate indulgence Cake (not looking!!!!)

I reckon on about 40 syns for today! But I enjoyed it all!

Morning Shirleen.............you o.k. ??

hugs xxx

fillymum said:
Morning Shirleen.............you o.k. ??

hugs xxx

I'm fine Sue, thanks for asking. :) I started a diary as well as this I do more chatting on there I'll get you a link when im home xxxxx

Today
B: 1/4 winter Hash (1/2 HEA)(mushroom, tomato, onion)
L: nothing
D: gammon, egg, chips, peas and sweetcorn (not SF but part of 5 a day challenge) Carrot chips, bread for a chip butty for dipping in me eggies (HEB)

Melon, banana,

Last edited:
Food Plan

Thursday Weigh In
B:Egg on toast, Melon
L:Soup
D:Lemon Chicken and New potato bake, sugar snap peas

Friday
B: Berry yogurt
L: Soup
D:Teriyaki Salmon Noodles

Saturday(W)
B: Toast and Apricot Jam ,
L: Winter Hash
D:Bacon and cheese Stuffed Jacket Potatoes, roasted vine tomatoes, Garlic field mushrooms

Sunday
B: Peanut Butter on toast, banana, clementine
L: Mushroom Omelette
D:Roast Dinner

Monday
B:Quorn Sausages, scrambled Egg, Mushrooms and tomatoes
L: Banana and Melon
D:Slow Cooker Chicken casserole and potato dumplings

Tuesday My Birthday!
B: Toast and Marmalade
L: Aubergine and spinach dahl
D: BNS Risotto

Wednesday
B: Berry Yogurt
L: Chicken salad Wrap
D: Pork Chops, Roast Potato, vegggies

Th 15th: Spag Bol with courgette and carrot ribbons added to the spag, and lots of mushrooms and peppers
F 16th: Vegetable Curry, Rice and Raita
S 17th: To be decided (tricky as Hubby home and he's a fussy beggar)
S 18th: Roast with a zillion veg
M 19th: Veggie Chilli and rice
T 20th (W): Tesco Light Choices Chicken in tomato sauce (1 syn) new pots and a head of broccoli and carrots
W 21st: Chicken, Potato and onion boulangere, cauliflower cheese and roast carrots,

Lunches will include: French onion soup (1.5 syns for flour), Veggie burgers, JP and beans and salad (sainsburys),

Last edited:
Lonestitcher said:
As today is your birthday, don't forget that everything you eat is syn free!!! Fact. It's official. :D :D ;)

Have a great day!!

Cheers hunny!

Back