Shocking TV programme on Discovery Home & Health

emski

Gold Member
Oh my word.. have been channel hopping and found a programme called Fat Doctor on Discovery Home and Health.
I have only just started watching and its about extreme dieting. A young lady has gone to a detox centre and is only allowed 3 juices a day 1 bowl of "broth" and 2 colonic treatments she has been told she will lose 7lbs in the week. Then they weighed her and she is 9 stone 11lbs!!! She was soooo depressed with that weight. Its scary!! She wants to see her bones!!

I've been watching it, they don't really want to be skinny they are conducting an experiment about extreme diets and getting down to a double zero, it's quite scary what it does to your body though.

Gx

Why do they keep putting programmes on like this, I cant help wondering what its doing to the young and the teenagers who watch it and think they are overweight or fat, when they are perfectly normal. It just seems to make them believe that they have to "conform" to what is perceived to be "the norm". It makes me really sad

I always watch Fat Doctor but I've not seen them do this. It's usually about seriously obese people having gastric surgery to lose weight.

I agree that these experiments must be messing with the heads of those who are already battling with their self image

this sounds dangerous! what size is a double zero? i know size zero is equal to UK size 4.

What they are setting out to show is actually how damaging it is to your body and how it is actually very unhealthy to be so slim which can only be a good thing.

Gx

I don't care how much I want to loose weight, I could never stick to anything as extreme as that, not even for an experiement. Those who actually want to do something that extreme must have serious body issues or extreme will power to be able to stick to it.

Fast food should be taxed and the tax should be spent on helping to resolve the obesity issues this country has.

*runs away before rocks are thrown*

I agree with eclipse, putting programmes on like that sometimes only advocates silly dieting and encourages young people to do these diets causing serious health problems.
Ruthy xxx

Back