Shoegirl1978 Diary

Congrats shoegirl on your 3lbs weightloss! Thats really great! I hope you enjoyed your first week of low GL :)

Food sounds like it's going to be yummy today, and it's your food weekend so you're allowed to enjoy yourself. The 80/20 rule is great :)!

Morning all, onto a new week. Feeling quite positive today.
A mini goal this week is to cook a new recipe. I eat mainly chicken for these reasons:

I'm not a big red meat eater
I don't eat fish/seafood at all
I have an allergy to eggs

So obviously chicken features highly on my menus for the protein. I don't want to get bored so I need to keep things varied. I'm going to try out a recipe from the book tonight, I hope it's nice!

B - Get up and go with strawberries
S - Apple + cashews
L - Chicken and pesto flatbread (fuller for longer)
S - 3 x oatcakes with hummus
D - Thai green chicken curry

Ploughing through my water already. I'll also get up for a run tonight, I made a new running playlist on my pod so I'm chomping at the bit to get out!

Have a good one all x

Have a great day - looks like you're all set!

Re the protein, I think Quorn has an egg component so not suitable, but what about tofu, tempeh, beans and pulses? Do you like any of them? Quinoa is also a good source of protein. :) I'll post into chickpea chat a link to a great article about protein that came from a link Molly posted. :) there's a list of things that we might think of specifically as protein foods.

Edit: I love those fuller longer flatbreads, I have one as a treat if we're on the road. So much nicer than normal prepack sandwiches!

Amazing thank you! I've just bookmarked the link and will have a good old proper read when I get home tonight. Thanks again :)

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's great news. :)

I wouldn't mind eating your food today, it looks good.

Like you I'm not a great at eating red meat. I also don't like shellfish and egg makes me ill. I do eat chicken and fish though. I'm always on the hunt for different chicken recipes - boneless, skinless chicken breast recipes to be exact! :D

Me too - I guess I am really fussy with food as I can't do meat with bones in it either! My boyfriend thinks I should just bite the bullet and go veggie but I can't bring myself to make that final decision!

I'm coming the other way, Shoegirl - I used to be veggie so I can only eat non-meaty tasting meat. :)

Congratulations on your weight loss. Your menus look really yummy.I might have to pince some ideas :)

I can't eat meat with bones either :yuck: Bit of a pain, as those cuts are cheaper

Morning all - well another day. I feel like I have so much more energy, I'm not even needing all the sleep that I usually have! Result!

B - Get up and Go with strawberries
S - Strawberries and cashews
L - Roast beef and horseradish flatbread
S - Apple and cashews
D - "Fatburner" sandwich ie. Chicken salad in wholemeal pitta!

Not really in the mood for cooking tonight as I want to get out for a longer run.

Have a good one all x

I wandered over to Whole Foods in my lunch hour and came across those Nakd bars you're all talking about. OMG I just ate the apple pie bar and I think I am obsessed!!

Ohhhh I so wish they sold Nakd bars here. Ever since I joined these forums, I've been so wanting to try one. :)

Congrats on you first weigh in
Your food does look yummy we'll all be stealing your menu soon haha

Cali could you order them online? I'd look into it they are delicious I've only had the gingerbread one but i think they will all be lovely from what I've seen others post

If they're that yummy, maybe I don't want them, since I'd be tempted to eat them >_< hehehe. :)

Maybe depends how in control you feel at the moment I suppose

That is the danger! I bought 2 of the smaller bars as they were on offer in Whole foods, I'm going to try and forget about the other one and leave it in my handbag for an emergency. Hopefully not easier said than done :)

I find the Nakd bars don't kick off cravings. I have a jar full of them but never feel tempted to gorge on them.

Bit late in posting today, had a full on day at work and am just getting a breather!

Today has looked like this:

B - Get up and go with strawberries
S - Strawberries and cashews
L - Chicken and mango sandwich
S - Nakd bar
D - Fuller for longer dinner - Kerala chicken curry

I don't normally do ready meals for dinner but I have to pop over to my sisters tonight so need something fairly quick. I hope it's nice!

I've drunk 2 litres of water so far today but am really craving a cup of tea, I may have to give in.

Hope you're all having a fab day.

The chicken mango sandwich sounds yummy and exotic :)

It's ok to have a cup of tea here and there:) Part of the 80/20 rule.

You are doing fab. Having a few cups of tea in the day won't derail you. Also try some of the herbal teas for a change. I often just make an infusion of hot water, lemon and fresh ginger. It's really refreshing either hot or cold.

Back