Shop bought flavoured water - 23/12/2008

nessajill

Hi everyone :)

Beginner NEEDS help!!

Can anyone help me please, I have done various VCLD's including the Cambridge and the Atkins and a friend told me recently that apparently there is a flavored water that you can buy from the supermarkets that doesn't contain citric acid and therefore is permitted on these types of diet as it does not affect ketosis - does anybody know about this at all - what water is it and what flavours are permitted - any replies will be greatly received.

Many thanks

Hi and welcome to Minimins :welcome:

As far as I know it's Perfectly Clear strawberry and kiwi that doesn't have the citric acid, however the only soft drinks that are officially permitted are the flavourings from your CDC.

Go carefully because for every person who says they're not affected by such things, there'll be another person who is.

xx

I am a newbie too lol i noticed vitsmart i think thats what its called from morrisons had no citric acid in it. its like a flavoured water with vitamins in it... i was wondering if that would be ok

I am a newbie too lol i noticed vitsmart i think thats what its called from morrisons had no citric acid in it. its like a flavoured water with vitamins in it... i was wondering if that would be ok

I wouldn't recommend it. Some people have got by with the flavoured water made with malic acid, but as VLCDs are full meal replacements you don't need the extra vitamins.

JMHO

Reply to Serena A ....................

Hi Serena

Thanks very much for your reply - I will check it out before buying any as plan to re-start VCLD from 5th Jan. I will certainly go easy as advised.

Hope you have enjoyed Xmas, keep up the good work - you've done so well.

Vanessa

Back