shop clothes sizes... question...

nerac123

GO GO GO !!
Which shops do you find generous/accurate/small on their sizes ?

Having only shopped mainly at evans or catalogue just wondering!!

I appear to be in between sizes at the moment. Currently in next jeans size 16 which are loose and fallin down, but M&S size 14 are too tight.

Any ideas which shop to try - gonna have a look on ebay cos I want to get to a 12 and don't want to buy new things until I'm there.

Thank you guys for your font of knowledge as usual !!

Caren. xx

Tricky... I find littlewoods very good their South range is great and sizes are usually accurate. Have you tried New Look and Dorothy Perkins? At the moment I am a size22, I haven't started LT yet, so I can only talk for the bigger sizes. I hope this helps. Oh, just thought... what about Primark?

Thank you audy, i found primark quite small, where i'm a 16 trouser, i needed an 18 in primark.

No problem at all. Best of luck!;)

i hear dorothy perkins are reasonable with there sizes ?? however personally i dont know as im to fat to shop there lol... all in good time though hehe , by the way nerac your doing really well , welldone! :)

Primark can be weird for sizes.. like i couldnt get a 16 coat buttoned up in there last night and then another of there 16s was too big

Dorothy perkins sizes are good!!

new look i find really accurate and primark i find can fit on the leg and be to big on the waist and vice cersa which isnt too good. h and m fit quite well also.x

Omg.... I find New Look awful for sizes!! Isnt this weird!

I find myself creeping up to a 16 in New Look but can get into some 12's in primark and next.... ohh and dunnes which you guys in the UK dont have.

Where ever I go I struggle in tops tho.... heres hoping when I lose the last stone my boobs get more 'normal'. I would love to buy a dress in a 12.... **dreams** LOL

dreams do come true theresa :-D... that size 12 dress could be just around the corner, keep up the good work ;-)

Dorothy Perkins as others have said...and Next are really good size wise x

H&M and Primark cut small... New Look seems to fit best (fatty section) for me right now, even Evans have gone strange recently, sizes all over the place

Hi
I know I'm only a man (!) but I've discovered that I have to try everything I buy on now. I simply don't know my body shape anymore as it has changed quite a bit (woo hoo!) and is continuing to change. I've got emergency stuff at Matalan and Sainsburys for now and will get some decent clothes when I'm at my goal.

Enjoy the shopping!
Jon
xx

How tall are you? I only ask as i was in a Next size 16 and they were getting too big but the size 14 looked too tight on me but when i discovered the petite section the 16 fitted a bit better. I am a shortie though, only 5'2"!

How tall are you? I only ask as i was in a Next size 16 and they were getting too big but the size 14 looked too tight on me but when i discovered the petite section the 16 fitted a bit better. I am a shortie though, only 5'2"!

Hi stinky - I'm 5'8, so not really appropriate !! I have a 32leg thanks anyway. :)

Oooh Caren, the dreaded 32" leg... I find unless I buy expensive jeans thats my nightmare!! Once upon a time Primark/Penneys did them but I havent been abletofind them for a long time. One of my treats at goal will be a really expensive pair of jeans!

Back