Shopping costs £££ since eating more healthily

Careful you don't end up spending more on fuel! What are Aldi's super 6 and how much are they?

Careful you don't end up spending more on fuel! What are Aldi's super 6 and how much are they?

Aldi Super 6 are Nectarines, Butternut Squash, Cocktail Vine Tomatoes, Chestnut Mushrooms, Cherries and Courgettes. All 69p each and on offer until 31st July. X

Aldi Super 6 are Nectarines, Butternut Squash, Cocktail Vine Tomatoes, Chestnut Mushrooms, Cherries and Courgettes. All 69p each and on offer until 31st July. X

Well I don't like courgettes (yeuch!!!) but the rest are lovely, what a great price I'll have to invest in the next few days, thanks Serena :)

Lyndsey x

Well I don't like courgettes (yeuch!!!) but the rest are lovely, what a great price I'll have to invest in the next few days, thanks Serena :)

Lyndsey x

You're welcome Sweetie, definitely good prices! X

I've never actually cooked with butternut squash! What's it like and can you use it as an alternative to potatoes?

I use it as chips, sweet potato chips are nicer but BNS is 0 points! Or you could make a soup, not sure about using it instead of potatoes.

Just to let you all know I was in asda today around 10:30am and there was a lot of reduced stuff like veg and bread products. Not hugely reduced but I got some new potatoes for 65p instead of £1.

I use it as chips, sweet potato chips are nicer but BNS is 0 points! Or you could make a soup, not sure about using it instead of potatoes.

Just to let you all know I was in asda today around 10:30am and there was a lot of reduced stuff like veg and bread products. Not hugely reduced but I got some new potatoes for 65p instead of £1.

I'm going to buy some and try it as chips. Do you do it the slimming world recipe - boiling for 5, then spraying with fry light and in oven or is there a better way of cooking them? Can't resist the chance to try an alternative for chips with zero points :)

I've never worried to parboil my BNS, just spray and go :) Sainsburys do two seasonings, one is Garlic & Rosemary and the other is Piri Piri, both work really well with BNS :) x

Yeah I'm the same as Serena, spread out on a baking tray, spray with fry lite then stick in the oven on 200 degrees for 25 minutes.

I never thought to coat them, thanks for that idea Serena!

Yeah I'm the same as Serena, spread out on a baking tray, spray with fry lite then stick in the oven on 200 degrees for 25 minutes.

I never thought to coat them, thanks for that idea Serena!

You're welcome Sweetie, they are excellent value as they are a £1 each and will last ages as you use such little. X

I'll make a trip to Sainsburys tomorrow as it's also a good excuse for some exercise as it's a 40 minute walk there and back :) Those are a bargain, I've been using the Swchartz Season all and garlic and pepper for roasters etc but at nearly £2 each, unless they're on offer, they're not cheap!

I'm doing the BNS tonight so I'll let you know how I get on! :)

I'll make a trip to Sainsburys tomorrow as it's also a good excuse for some exercise as it's a 40 minute walk there and back :) Those are a bargain, I've been using the Swchartz Season all and garlic and pepper for roasters etc but at nearly £2 each, unless they're on offer, they're not cheap!

I'm doing the BNS tonight so I'll let you know how I get on! :)

Fingers crossed your BNS turns out yummy! I love those Seasonings, theirs others in the range too but I'm just sticking to those at the moment as they are gonna last forever lol x

Hey ladies. I might see if the same offers are on in Aldi here. Total stupid question but iv never cooled butternut squash before. Do you peel it??

Hey ladies. I might see if the same offers are on in Aldi here. Total stupid question but iv never cooled butternut squash before. Do you peel it??

You can peel it but its a nightmare unless you have a super good peeler! The skin is very nutritious tho so lots of people just eat that too to save peeling! X

I've eaten the skin before when I missed bits, it feels like when you lose a bit of egg shell in the bowl when making scrambled egg, a really weird and not nice tough crispy feeling!

So eating the skin is not for me lol

I found a really good video on YouTube about making BNS chips which I followed the first time I made it a few weeks ago, it was by an Irish lady and she was talking about it having no propoints, if you look on youtube there's loads of videos on how to make it but I found hers really good and it was the first result too :)

I've eaten the skin before when I missed bits, it feels like when you lose a bit of egg shell in the bowl when making scrambled egg, a really weird and not nice tough crispy feeling!

So eating the skin is not for me lol

I found a really good video on YouTube about making BNS chips which I followed the first time I made it a few weeks ago, it was by an Irish lady and she was talking about it having no propoints, if you look on youtube there's loads of videos on how to make it but I found hers really good and it was the first result too :)

Might have to watch that once I'm home :) Gonna need any help I can get lol x

I have recently discovered Farm Foods and we have enjoyed most of what we have tried. And you can use their vouchers which give you £2.50 off £25 etc, even if vouchers are out of date. Their haddock (2 bags for £5) is delicious. We use their bags of chicken breast (3 bags for £10) for curries, Maggi bags etc. Ok they are not of the quality of organic fed on truffles type thing but are perfectly acceptable for day to day use. We go through loads of these. I know a earlier post pit about Asda smart price wafers , I have these too and they are great. I use Nimble bread , which in Tesco is usually about75p whereas the WW is nearer £1. Everything helps these days eh?

I have recently discovered Farm Foods and we have enjoyed most of what we have tried. And you can use their vouchers which give you £2.50 off £25 etc, even if vouchers are out of date. Their haddock (2 bags for £5) is delicious. We use their bags of chicken breast (3 bags for £10) for curries, Maggi bags etc. Ok they are not of the quality of organic fed on truffles type thing but are perfectly acceptable for day to day use. We go through loads of these. I know a earlier post pit about Asda smart price wafers , I have these too and they are great. I use Nimble bread , which in Tesco is usually about75p whereas the WW is nearer £1. Everything helps these days eh?

I think it was probably me who posted about the Wafers, I love those!!!x

Back