Shopping costs £££ since eating more healthily

Me too, they are my "go to" choc fix. Forgot to say Farm foods have curly wurlys at 89-99p for 5 too.

I love Time Outs too, 8 from Poundland (For you've guessed it £1 lol) and only 2pp! X

Did u get the Seasonings? X
Yes thanks. I'm going to pop back in there this week to take a look at their other seasonings too :)
Does anyone know how many points nimble bread is? I haven't tried that yet but I intend to.... and OMG 2 points each for time outs!!!! I had no idea they were so low!

Yes thanks. I'm going to pop back in there this week to take a look at their other seasonings too :)
Does anyone know how many points nimble bread is? I haven't tried that yet but I intend to.... and OMG 2 points each for time outs!!!! I had no idea they were so low!

The WW Guru is here ;-)

Remember that 1 Finger is 2pp but 2 are 5pp, boo!

Nimble is 1pp for 1 Slice, 3pp for 2 Slices or 4pp for 3 Slices. I always have 3 Slices lol x

The WW Guru is here ;-)

Remember that 1 Finger is 2pp but 2 are 5pp, boo!

Nimble is 1pp for 1 Slice, 3pp for 2 Slices or 4pp for 3 Slices. I always have 3 Slices lol x

Good job you told me that, thank you :) Can I ask you if the 1p WW bread is the same too? I normally have 3 slices a go of that and I've been counting 3 points for it each time & I'm wondering if that also should be 4? xx

Good job you told me that, thank you :) Can I ask you if the 1p WW bread is the same too? I normally have 3 slices a go of that and I've been counting 3 points for it each time & I'm wondering if that also should be 4? xx

It should indeed as I bought that when it was 10p a loaf a little while back! X

I hate it when something is 1pp for 1 but 3pp for 2. Like jaffa cakes. And the kingsmill 50/50 bread is 2pp for 1 slice but 5pp for 2 slices!

You might want to check out this blog from a girl called Jack who lives near me. She's been in the news recently for her recipes- she creates yummy meals for as little money as possible. I think she feeds herself and her son on about £5 to £10 a week. ‘Below The Line’ Budget Recipes « A GIRL CALLED JACK

I should write a Money Saving Blog ;-) x The multiples thing really irritates me! X

I have recently discovered Farm Foods and we have enjoyed most of what we have tried. And you can use their vouchers which give you £2.50 off £25 etc, even if vouchers are out of date. Their haddock (2 bags for £5) is delicious. We use their bags of chicken breast (3 bags for £10) for curries, Maggi bags etc.

Careful with the Maggi roast in bag things, I was recommended them by my sister, bought them, got them out to use and then read the ingredients, there is a HUGE!!! amount of salt in these. Not good if, like me you have high blood pressure, I ended up binning the ones I'd bought.

Pound land is a good place to buy WW products, like the crisps, soups, jams and biscuits. I don't usually buy the biscuits because they are so high in sugar, but got some of the reduced sugar caramel shortcakes yesterday, very nice, like millionaire's shortbread. I also got some Metcalfe's dark chocolate coated rice cakes which worked out at 3pp each. Low in sugar and ok to kill the choccy attacks lol!

We struggle with shopping because we live in a small village and both main food shops are co-ops, one of which I work in. I get 10% discount and it's still too expensive to shop there, I was only moaning at my manager the other day when we were changing the promotions over that we never have healthy stuff on offer, only junk. His answer was healthy stuff wouldn't sell!!

Careful with the Maggi roast in bag things, I was recommended them by my sister, bought them, got them out to use and then read the ingredients, there is a HUGE!!! amount of salt in these. Not good if, like me you have high blood pressure, I ended up binning the ones I'd bought.

Pound land is a good place to buy WW products, like the crisps, soups, jams and biscuits. I don't usually buy the biscuits because they are so high in sugar, but got some of the reduced sugar caramel shortcakes yesterday, very nice, like millionaire's shortbread. I also got some Metcalfe's dark chocolate coated rice cakes which worked out at 3pp each. Low in sugar and ok to kill the choccy attacks lol!

We struggle with shopping because we live in a small village and both main food shops are co-ops, one of which I work in. I get 10% discount and it's still too expensive to shop there, I was only moaning at my manager the other day when we were changing the promotions over that we never have healthy stuff on offer, only junk. His answer was healthy stuff wouldn't sell!!

I think your final statement sums up why the UK is in an Obesity Epidemic! You can buy a pack of Jaffa Cakes for 50p but a punnet of strawberries costs over £1! X

I tend to go to Aldis and Iceland and most of the fruit and veg at Aldis is "seasonal". I got three packs of green beans last night and they were only 69p - they are around £2 a pack in the big supermarkets, thats a massive saving. Pink lady apples were £1.99 for six so they were good value as well.

I tend to go to Aldis and Iceland and most of the fruit and veg at Aldis is "seasonal". I got three packs of green beans last night and they were only 69p - they are around £2 a pack in the big supermarkets, thats a massive saving. Pink lady apples were £1.99 for six so they were good value as well.

Mmmmmm I love Pink Lady Apples, they are my favourites! Asda do the packs of Green Beans for 50p so I tend to buy those, nothing better than fresh veg. X

I think your final statement sums up why the UK is in an Obesity Epidemic! You can buy a pack of Jaffa Cakes for 50p but a punnet of strawberries costs over £1! X

Too true! And the supermarkets are 'supposed' to be working with the government to offer low priced healthy foods and fruit and veg. Load of rubbish, it'll never change because they can make a huge profit on junk food. In our shop it costs £1.60 for a magnum BUT buy 2 packs of 4 for £4, that's a £8.80 saving if you buy the 2 packs of 4 rather than individually!

I love pink ladies too, very expensive from our shop, 1 costs more than a bar of chocolate.

Too true! And the supermarkets are 'supposed' to be working with the government to offer low priced healthy foods and fruit and veg. Load of rubbish, it'll never change because they can make a huge profit on junk food. In our shop it costs £1.60 for a magnum BUT buy 2 packs of 4 for £4, that's a £8.80 saving if you buy the 2 packs of 4 rather than individually!

I love pink ladies too, very expensive from our shop, 1 costs more than a bar of chocolate.

OMG about the Magnums! I once watched a Mum at my Daughters School eat 3 Magnums, one after another because it was cheaper! That's like 21pp Minimum, maybe more, depending on flavour! X

Re: Shopping costs £££ since eating more healthily

I ended up doing costco shop. It always feel expensive but does sort fruit out for me and my girls.

I normally buy

Grapes
Bananas
Plums
Apples
Cherries
Strawberries
Blueberries
Carrots
Mushrooms
Peppers
Courgette
Onions

I can easily spend 45quid on fruit/veg but that lasts all week.

A lady in ASDA once said to be that she could easily spend 2pound on chocolate for her kids so what was the financial difference to spend 2pound on fruit? Nothing but we as society always seem to think it's cheap for chocolate but expensive for fruit. Hope that makes sense lol

I ended up doing costco shop. It always feel expensive but does sort fruit out for me and my girls.

I normally buy

Grapes
Bananas
Plums
Apples
Cherries
Strawberries
Blueberries
Carrots
Mushrooms
Peppers
Courgette
Onions

I can easily spend 45quid on fruit/veg but that lasts all week.

A lady in ASDA once said to be that she could easily spend 2pound on chocolate for her kids so what was the financial difference to spend 2pound on fruit? Nothing but we as society always seem to think it's cheap for chocolate but expensive for fruit. Hope that makes sense lol

I bet you'd get more kg of choc for £2 than you would kg of fruit tho! X

Back