Shopping for low-fat stuff

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by anjuschka, 7 July 2010 Social URL.

1. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Sorry, still obsessing about shopping for yoghurt etc., so I need to get this off my chest.

I'm having real trouble getting my dairy: as well as the WW and activia Vanillas that I have only ever seen in Sainsbury, around here it is like this:
    0% Fromage Frais: Tesco
    0% plain yoghurt - all
    0% greek yoghurt - all
    low fat quark: Sainsbury if I'm lucky, could not find it last week, local Budgens might have it.

I also like FF better that Quark. I have right from the start used the greek yoghurt instead, esp, for sauces and so on, becuase I could not find anything else. However I think for cooking and stuff the yoghurt splits more.

I do my usual shop at Sainsbury and I'm not prepared to do a 3 mile round trip for a pot of FF. I don't think the ASDA here helps with this at all, but has a good extra-low cottage cheese...

Oh and Oatbran - again Sainsbury only, and I've not yet looked for wheatbran, I can definitely get that in a health food shop in town, but not the oat...

Why does it have to be so hard :(

Anja

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alottolose

alottolose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    82.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    66.7kg
    i got mine online - ebay... as my local stores were out of stock on quite a few bits...hope this helps xx

I think it's part of the fun of this diet that I like - I'm doing far more cooking from scratch, really enjoying the recipes etc, great if you like rhubarb too as I'm mad keen on the rhubarb brulee :)

4. Pink_Fluff

Pink_Fluff Chocoholic

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.73%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hey do you have a morrisons nearby? I'm getting my stuff from them. The eat smart range is good for fat free yoghurts and fromage frais. They also sell Quark made by a company called Kingdom made british milk which is nice only 65p a pot atm.

I had trouble with the oat bran but then I found it hidden in the cereal aisle with the porridge. There's a brand called Mornflake that do it. I'm also pretty sure I got some Quaker oat bran from Tesco or Asda (I can't remember which though) which was a massive bag.

5. dukanette

dukanette Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.07%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I've decided that for the sake of my sanity (and possibly my insides) that a pot of fat free Activia at lunchtime isn't going to kill me. So it has a tiny bit of fruit in it... C'est la vie. It isn't stopping my weight loss. And the peach one is deeeelicious. :)

I'm also going down the stewed rhubarb, touch of cinnamon and fat free plain yoghurt route, which makes for a scrumptious dessert.

6. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    I'm using sainsburys fromage frais, the be good to yourself one.

The Quark totally wasnt where I'd thought it would be (with philly, cottage cheese etc) but was with the brie :rolleyes: Have found I hate it though so wish it had stayed hidden.

Holland and Barrett had both oat and wheat bran, but the oat bran in much smaller bags.

7. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    I think the quark tastes like philly?

8. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Thanks everyone,

yes I have been checking the cheese and the yoghurt aisles but will try again. I think though that some of these things are only stocked 'at the managers discretion' or whatever hence the variation. It was Holland & Barret that didn't have the Oatbran last time...

ATM busy trying to get someone to look at our CH boiler that broke down last night. Cold showers - not recommended!!!

Meanwhile I have just passed the 3kg weight loss mark - jippeee! :D

Anja

9. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Well done on the weight loss!!

Where oat and wheatbran are concerned, over here, both are only available in health food stores and so I buy them in bulk when I'm there! (Also they often run out, particularly of wheatbran, so this way of shopping ensures that I never run out!!).

I can't say I go crazy about dairy otherwise... a tub of fat free fromage frais (I buy it at the market on the cheese stall...)... one lot of yoghurts per week, and that's it!

Skimmed milk I buy long life in bulk (only use for poaching fish in!)

10. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    oh yes it is!!! Dukan recommends a cold 2 min shower - burns off a 100 cals you know!!! (or was is ten mins lol)

skimmed milk i buy in bulk too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.