Shopping for smaller clothes sizes

I sometimes feel like I'm not really the size I am. What I mean is, I'll fit into a certain size, but rather than be chuffed, I find myself thinking its probably generous, or incorrectly sized! Crazy I know!

Course the other problem is that as +sizes we've been conditioned to just buy what fits and isn't throughly hideous (lesser of two evils sometimes in evans!) when you get to a point where you can buy from most shops - how do you know what your 'look' is? I mean, I'm nowhere near target (obv, after 9 weeks!) but I've been overweight my entire life, the last time I wore anything resembling normal size clothes I was a silly teenager wearing 'barbie is a slut' teeshirts and dungarees (aaah the 90s!) and if i get to a target I'll be 30 or more, so I'll need to figure out how I want to look now! I think that the choice will be bewildering, but then fashion seems horrific most of the time so i guess it won't matter!

THIS THIS THIS!!

I'm down to a very respectable 14/16 bottom and 16/18 top thanks to my erm.. gods gifts..

I was a 20 verging on 22 last year before I got pregnant and I have no idea what to buy. I'm used to just getting what fits.

I'm also coasting as I'm not buying much in the way of clothes till I get to target anyhoo

it is a weird feeling being able to even look at 'slinkier' clothes!in the summer i was 20/22 now am a comfortable 18 sometimes 16.just been and bought a lil black tunic dress for xmas and thick black tights...i tried it on last night and it looked great but i know i ll feel real weird wearing it.all my friends see me in is jeans and a nice loose top when we go out! it takes alot of getting used to.im just buying a few things that i need as moneys tight but my wardrobe at the mo exists of 3 pairs of jeans and 2 tops...getting desperate!

I'm hoping to get into a "normal" size shop by May/June next year. My boyfriend is best man at his brother's wedding, so he's gonna be in "the show" and a lot of the pics, and people will probably expect me to be there with him done up all nice, I think I might book his skinny sisters and take them shopping with me! Trafford Centre won't know what's hit it!

Back