Extra Easy Shopping in Asda?

tippex

Hi Everyone

I live in Ireland and about 3hours from the nearest Asda so we travel about once every 3 months to stock up as its much much cheaper than the local supermarkets near me!! 3euro for a packet of pasta here!!!

Can anyone tell me some low syn or syn free products I can buy...or anything you would buy every week that would be slimming world friendly! Im going on Saturday and will have OH with me so a list is imperative!! He wont want to stand round looking at me trying to work out syn values!!

Thanks in advance! xx

Their gfy fromage frais is the only 1 that I know of that's free.

Will have another think and let you know what else!

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

I use loads of smart price passata (SF) - only 23p per carton.

I am from southern Ireland too and used to go to Asda about once a month when the sterling was weaker. It is 2 hours away to eniskillen for me and it has a huge Asda. It costs bout EUR25 in fuel for the round trip.

Haven't been for almost a year now, it's not even so much the savings I would go for now but just the variety. I have 2 of the biggest tescos pretty near me but they still don't have the variety Asda does. Some of the stuff people talk bout on here you can't get anywhere in rep of Ireland. For example the hexb wholemeal pitta, fat free fromage frais, mugshots (if anyone has found these in rep let me know pretty plz!!!)

Asda Chickpea Dahl in a tin is really nice.

We usually tie in a trip with seeing my family who live there, we stay over there and have a catch up but if not, it would cost about 25-30 euro for petrol. Like the previous poster, hoping, its not so much for the savings anymore, its more so for the variety these days. Altho, the savings on some items are still phoenomenol!! Thanks for the ideas!

hi, i lived in co.clare in 2001-01, and things were getting expensive then. Have some friends who come over from tipp and i really don't now how they manage.

Back