Attack Shopping tips??

Starting Dukan this week, does anyone have any top tips of things to buy when I go shopping.
Any general tips for attack phase really appreciated!!! I'm a bit scared!

Sarah

Hello and welcome! It's a bit quiet over the weekend, but I'll try and help - this is what I had/use regularly. I've lost my book but have the (French) list somewhere, I'll come back with that.

Oatbran (1 1/2 tbs per day on attack - goes up to 2 tbs once on cruise) which you must eat. Also 1 tbs Wheatbran (can't remember if you have this on attack or just once on cruise - this isn't obligatory but helps increase your fibre intake and that helps with transit). Both available from health/organic shops.
Eggs
Tinned tuna in water
Chicken/turkey
Beef/steak
0% sugar-free yogurts/fromage frais (Mullerlight toffee and vanilla I think are OK)
Smoked salmon
White fish - whichever you enjoy (I buy frozen mostly)
Fat and rind-free ham (think it's about 3% total fat - don't eat too much as it's salty)
Crab sticks (8 per day max)
Spices/herbs
Lemon juice/lemons
Gherkins
Sweetner suitable for cooking
Herbal teas
Rhubarb (maybe not on attack but unlimited on PV days once on cruise and 100gr on PP days)

General tips - drink lots. Exercise (25 minutes - I think - walk or similar per day) is important too.

Good luck!

I haven't got much to add to this, except maybe some minced beef or turkey - good for burgers, meatballs, meatloaf etc etc. I bought tons for my first week and only ended up eating about half of it - loads had to go in the freezer.

Much better to be feeling excited than scared. Once you start the diet you'll find the weight melts off, especially in the first few days and you'll just feel inspired to carry on with it. Hope the shopping goes well!

Thank you. I did red days on slimming world before and lost three stone so I know carbs are my downfall. I think the Dukan diet may just be what I need.

The tips will help so much

Sarah

fat free natural yoghurt for sweetening as a desert and for making marinades, herbs and spices for your marinades

yes marinades :) using yog and tikka powder (check no sugar in though) and make chicken tikka :) or with mustard and from frais/yog.
marinading/spice is the best way to get more variation into your diet :)

Back