Attack Shorter attack phase?

loopzyloo

Hi guys, has anybody done a shorter attack phase than recommended, I don't think I could last 5 to 7 days but considering 3 or 4 instead? I understand the initial loss will be smaller but if it means I can actually make it to cruise it may be worth while!

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Sorry I can't help I done 10 days, but if you feel it would be more benificial and more likely to keep you in it then shorten it :) as you says may take longer but were all in it for the long haul anyway and were here to get each other through it . No point dragging through it if it will de motivate you, but whatever you decide good luck x

Thank you, it did sound nice! I suppose I just wanted to get another opinion. Well done for lasting 10 days! You have more will power than me :) xx

loopzy, have you been to the official Dukan UK web site to calculate your recommended figure based on your personal details? You have to give an e-mail address to sign up but there is no payment needed, you'll just get some advertising e-mails later.
How much do you need / want to lose? I think anything from 3 days is okay, it's intended to 'shock' your body into 'fatloss mode' (yes I know I am being terribly technical here - NOT!). I think I did 4, that was plenty and by the end I was so very excited to be allowed Veg again!)

Good luck and keep us posted!

I was guided by the official website, after putting in all the relevant details it recommended a two day attack. As I had already been low carb for a year I didn't see much point in a longer attack anyway, I had already lost the water weight that most people lose in the early stages of dukan. I would have some health concerns about a long attack to be honest, unless you have a lot of weight to lose and medical supervision/input. The cruise stage of this diet is so easy and successful too.

My will power was spurred on by my wedding dress hanging up staring at me lol! But by the time I git to eat veg it was like heaven lol
I only done the 10 as the book says if over 40 pounds and you can suffer it lol to do it but it's not for everyone :)
The thought of it now makes me shudder haha but I'm sure a shorter one will be fine depending in as the others say how much you have to loose and what you weigh now. The website will guide you as well just ignore the emails they send you regularly after it :) good luck x

Thanks for the info everyone. I went on the website a while ago but need to refresh as not 100% sure how many days were recommended. I have 3 stone to loose so could probably do with sticking it out but I just fear getting fed up and giving up xxx

Don't give up just do what your comfortable with, just think how great we will all feel when we get to TW I have no doubt we will all get there :) me eventually lol
We're all here to moan to each other and keep each other going :) x

Hi Loopz

Better to do a short, succssful attack than a long one full of 'cheats'.

Good luck and enjoy your journey :)

Keep posting, we love a good old chinwag :D

P x

the amount i want to lose is 5st and it said 7 days, so you may findthat yours is a smaller days anyway. It is worth it, look for lots of recipes there are loads to find on here and other dukan sites.

Use the calculator on the site or the guide in the book to get your suggested attack length, but also just see how you feel. Most people find the first days tough but easy going by the end. Attack also gives you a lot of 'training' that helps when you start cruise. Like where to shop, what to buy, how to prep your kitchen, what emergency items to pack, and how to cope with sweet cravings. I did 6 or 7 days attack because I made some early mistakes, but now pp days are easy.

Good luck!

when i first started i was supposed to do 7 days of attack to but after reading here i decided it was too long and you dont see anymore benefit as it's only water weight as Maintainer says. I did mon-fri and lost 5lbs. This time i have done 3 days of attack and lost 7lbs! I hate attack and if i'd have only lost a couple of pounds this time i wouldnt have stayed on it any longer

Back