Shorts by the Summer

How did you get on? I lost 1.5 lbs and got my 1 stone award. :) I know I shouldn't be, but I was a bit disappointed with it. I have been 100% perfect this week! and usually loose at least 2lbs. 3lbs to my club 10 now, my next award!!

today's menu

B: bacon and eggs
S: apple
L: pasta, chicken, tomato based sauce, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper. Melon and grapes.
S: alpen light (1/2 heb)
D: chippy and wine (hubby birthday, lucky it's wi night!!).

How did you get on? I lost 1.5 lbs and got my 1 stone award. :) I know I shouldn't be, but I was a bit disappointed with it. I have been 100% perfect this week! and usually loose at least 2lbs. 3lbs to my club 10 now, my next award!! today's menu B: bacon and eggs S: apple L: pasta, chicken, tomato based sauce, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper. Melon and grapes. S: alpen light (1/2 heb) D: chippy and wine (hubby birthday, lucky it's wi night!!).

Well done! Yay to the stone award! And so close to club ten that's fab! Aw I'm sure you will get
A slightly bigger loss next week, but it's better it comes off steady though and as long as you stick to plan it will come off for you! Nice wee treat at the chippy! Hope it was nice!
Lost 8lb over the moon and 2lbs from a stone! X

Wow 8lbs is amazing. Well done you. I'm sure you'll get your stone award next week x

Today's menu

B: bacon and eggs.
S: apple
L: pasta in arrabiata sauce with salad. Melon.
D: homemade burger in a bun (heb) with cheese (hea). Sweet potato chips.

i decided not to have salad with dinner tonight. I know my speed food is a bit lower than it should be, but I think I've overdosed on salad over the past week. I needed a break from it! Will be having a large glass of wine later (9 syns). May have a little snack (viscount or alpen bar 3/3.5 syns).

Today is going to be a little bit of a cheat day. I'm following sw during the day, but we're having curry tonight. I was going to make a sw one, but we had one jar of curry sauce in the cupboard so going to use that. I've also bought poppadums and mini naan breads. I'm not going to syn tonight, and will probably have a lager or two to wash it down. Straight back on track from tomorrow morning then!

I've just spent a fortune on the next website! I'm struggling with clothes at the moment, so picked up a few work bits. Then saw 3 pairs of shoes (2 for work, one Summer....ooops!!). Oh, and a gorgeous pair of trousers that I want to wear this Summer. I'm a size 14 now, but popped a size 10 in the basket. The reviews say that they're generous, but I'm really wanting to be a 10-12 by the Summer holidays so figured it would be something to aim for! The summer sandals I bought go really well with them!!

Food today
B: alpen light bar (I'm useless with weekend breakfasts)
L: Pulled pork and cheese toastie (hea and heb). Satsumas.

That's it so far. Dinner will be:

Lamb balti with boiled rice. Vegetable samosas (sw style), bombay potatoes (sw style), mini plain naan, poppadums, mint sauce and mango chutney.

Sunday.
I find Sunday difficult. It's the kind of day I could eat junk. So far so good today, though!

B: 1 alpen light (1/2 heb)
L: noodles, pulled pork and salad.
S: viscount (3.5 syns)

Dinner later will be lamb steak dinner. Will have 1 Yorkshire pudding (1.5 syns I think, will double check). No other syns for dinner.

Still have my hea and 1/2 heb. Only used 3.5 syns at this point too, so plenty of choice!

I need to plan my lunches for this coming week. May have couscous, or apparently the ww wraps are now a heb, so may have one of those!

Another weigh I day has passed. I only lost 0.5lbs. It was my own fault. Looking back at the week, I had been slipping off plan/going slightly over syns too often. I'm getting myself together now for a good loss next week. I was awake early this morning (cold/bad throat so couldn't sleep!). I decided to use this extra time and also use my new present to myself.....a soup maker. I know, I know......a saucepan is just as good.......but it's fab! No mess! I've only got a hand blender so the blending bit makes lots and lots of mess! So.....got up early this morning, threw some chopped carrots, swede, broccoli, onion and leeks into the soup maker along with water and a stock cube. I set it to blend, and off I went for a shower. 21 minutes it was all ready. Popped a portion straight into my food flask, so I had nice hot soup for lunch, which has just speed veg in it! Followed that with a huge fruit salad, which only had speed fruit in it! Fab!

B: bacon, egg, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries.
L: speed veg soup, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, melon and 2 x satsumas.
D: homemade pork burgers (with onion and garlic in) in a bun (heb) with 30g cheddar (hea), sweet potato sw chips and a salad (tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, peppers).
S: 175ml wine (6 syns).

B: strawberries, blackberries and raspberries
S: 2 x alpen light bars (heb)

I'm feeling peckish today, which is either because I'm due totm, or I didn't have any protein for breakfast. I can usually get from breakfast to lunch without snacking and not feeling hungry. Something to think about........

Weekends are hard.

I find that Monday-Friday I am in a routine, take a packed lunch to work, make a family evening meal and everything's hunky dory!

Saturday then turns up. Followed by Sunday. They bring with them a hungrier me. I can just eat and eat and eat. I usually save all my syns for the evening during the week, but at the weekend I could eat them all by lunchtime. I'd love to work this one out.

I'm also full of cold today, which doesn't help. Grrrrrrr!!!

Saturday ended up a little like this.....

B: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries.
S: 2 x alpen light (heb), ham.
L: speed soup. Cheese (hea).
S: viscount (3.5 syns).
D: chilli beef and rice (around 2 syns)
S: wine (didn't measure, but around 12 syns worth).

total syns for the day 17.5, which I'm quite happy with. Wine syns could have been slightly less, and chilli beef syns could have been slightly less too.

I got a new rice cooker yesterday. I always struggle making rice. It sticks to the bottom of the saucepan (even though I do turn it, honest!!) and is never nice and fluffy. Saw a rice cooker for £11.99 so decided to treat myself. It was easy to use, but the rice was a little on the dry side, so I'll add more water next time. The chilli beef was delicious, though. Will definitely have again, tasted just like from the Chinese. Yum!!

Well today is Mother's Day. I'm going out for Sunday lunch, but have decided not to worry about syns for the roasties/Yorkshire pud, desert and wine. I figure that as long as I'm pretty sensible, then a few syns over won't hurt as I know I'll be under syns during the week. I've also got more speed soup in the fridge, so may have that for dinner then. Will also probably be my lunch for a couple more days!

right, I'm off try attempt more sleep (third night in a row I've been awake - first 2 were because of this cold, tonight though is because my son moved to the edge of his cot and set off the sensor alarm as it couldn't detect movement! Once I'm awake in the night, getting back to sleep is a mammoth task!!!).

Since Saturday I've been mainly good, but enjoyed Sunday :) I've had a cheeky peek at the scales this evening and it looks good! I need to lose 2.5lbs to get my club 10. According to the scales I should get it, but I think I have the most random scales in the world! I could stand on them tomorrow and they will show a gain of a stone! So, it's looking possible, but not guaranteed!

Also, I've only got a half day in work tomorrow. I finish before midday! Fab :D

Since Saturday I've been mainly good, but enjoyed Sunday :) I've had a cheeky peek at the scales this evening and it looks good! I need to lose 2.5lbs to get my club 10. According to the scales I should get it, but I think I have the most random scales in the world! I could stand on them tomorrow and they will show a gain of a stone! So, it's looking possible, but not guaranteed! Also, I've only got a half day in work tomorrow. I finish before midday! Fab :D

Good luck for your weigh in Tom chick! And yay to a half day! :) xx

Yay to weigh in day.....I lost 4.5 lbs. so chuffed. I got slimmer of the week and my club 10. Only 1lb to go until my stone and a half. I also tried the tikka masala for Iceland this evening, and I'm impressed! It was lovely for 0 syns. Only ate half of it, so have the other half for tomorrow's lunch :)

Well, yesterday was a good day.....but not for Slimming World! Hehe! It was such a lovely day, we went out for a long walk along the coast. We walked around 4 miles. Had a large glass of juice and some toast half way, then we went out for a pub lunch, and then me and hubby had our 2 dine for £10 night. The positive is that I didn't snack at all during the day!

Anyway, back on plan today. I've had fruit salad for breakfast. All speed fruit. I've currently got soup cooking in my soup maker. All speed veg. Tonight we're having toad in The hole. I'm using syn free sausages, and the tesco value batter mix. The batter is 12.5 syns for the whole lot, we'll only use half of it, which will be 6.5 syns. From that, it will be split between me, hubby and ds. I'm estimating 3 syns, though it will be less than that. I'm very happy with 3 syns for toad in the hole (and another syn for gravy). I've got a small bottle of red wine, so will have that with it. That's around 11 syns for the whole meal, wine included. Yum!!

It's Monday morning. I must admit that I'm not a big fan of Monday's, but today isn't too bad.......I've got the day off!! I've taken my son to nursery, and sat down with a bowl of berries! In my new bowl. I bought new crockery yesterday (just for me, hubby didn't like but I decided tough! Ds has his own plastic ones!!). Heart shaped ones from wilkinsons. So, I've just eaten all speed berries from my new heart shaped bowl. Well, with the money I've saved on chocolate.......

Yesterday went ok. Ish. Berries and alpen light for breakfast, speed soup for lunch. Then dinner. I had toad in the hole using sw sausages (they were ok, I have tasted nicer sausages, but syn free!!). The batter mix came to around 3 syns, I had around 1 syn of gravy. Then there was the red wine.......around 7 syns. 11 so far......would have been good if I'd stuck to that but I had a large glass of port (not measured) and a sherry (the bottle needed finishing). It was one of those Sundays. Possibly around 20 syns for the day. I only had half my heb and none of my hea, though. I know you shouldn't change them like that, but hey ho.....

Today, is another day.

b: berries (in my new heart shaped bowl!)
L: speed soup and cheese (hea) followed by speed soup
D: Caribbean lamb with rice (half a syn).

I've then got 2 alpen lights (on offer at Tesco!!), and all but half a syn left to use for the day. I will get my 1 1/2 stone on Thursday......only 1 pound to lose!

Well, yesterday ended up like:

B: berries
S: alpen light x 2 (heb)
L: speed soup. 30g cheese (hea)
S: melon
D: lamb curry with rice
S: lager shandy (3.5 syns) 2 x viscount (7 syns).

Total syns 10.5/15

Today I am at work. I find that helps!!

I'll be having bacon and eggs for breakfast. Lunch is leftover chicken meal with rice (1.5 syns). Dinner is spag Bol. Will have cheese on spag Bol (hea). Snacks will be fruit, then will have alpen lights (heb) for snacks this evening.

Tomorrow is another day off. Planning on taking my son shopping for a few summer clothes. Will have to be strict and either be home for lunch, or find something good. I think my best bet is to go early and be home for lunch. Had a few days that were close to syn limit/over syns! another one would definitely mess up my weigh in.......I want my stone and a half award!

Hey,

Just popping in to say hello! You seem really focused and like you're makijg really good choices - a good attitude towards weightloss too! Looking forward to reading how you get on :)

Thank you Saruk88. However, things have gone all wrong! I was off work yesterday as I lost my voice (I'm a supply teacher. No voice = no work = no pennies :( ). I wasn't really feeling ill, but felt I shouldn't go to group as I'd missed work. I'm going to a different group this morning instead. I have been totally off track for a few days :( so have to go to group ASAP to sort myself out. I'm planning in staying as well to the talk, just because I really need to get back on track.

I've got a couple of weeks off now from work for Easter. I'm worried about what this is going to do to slimming world. When I'm working, I'm fine, I have my routine, have a decent breakfast, take a packed lunch with plenty to eat, get home and then start on dinner. The routine really helps me. I have to do some serious planning to help with the next 2 weeks because I don't want a massive gain :( not looking forward to today's weigh in as it is.

Anyway, let's see what today brings, I'll pick up a new magazine, I've got the food shop to do and then I'll plan the next week. Eeeeeeeek!!

Well after that miserable post, I went to weigh in and lost 2lbs. I got my stone and a half award. I am aware that I weigh less in the morning than I do in the evening, so have to be super good this week to make sure I don't see a gain next week.

Today's menu:

B: Poached eggs, rocket and tomatoes (discovered I'm not the biggest fan of rocket, but it was edible)
L: **still undecided, which isn't great as it's almost 11:30 already. But I had a late breakfast, so may have a small, late lunch. Have to decide what now!
D: SW hunters chicken, with sw chips and salad.

So far, 0 syns. It is a Friday night, though, so have wine in the fridge. May have a large glass (9 syns) with a flump later on (1.5 syns). I bought the new magazine at group, so going to have a read of that today for inspiration. I am now around 9-10 lbs heavier than I was when I got married, and around 6 lbs heavier than I was just before I fell pregnant. Yay :D

Back