Shorts by the Summer

Today's menu

B: sw fry up (bacon, scrambled egg (splash of milk - hea), beans, tomatoes, sw sausage, 1 x wholemeal toast (1/2 heb) 1 tsp low fat spread 1/2 syn).
L: unsure yet. I've got some pre chopped salad in the fridge from last night. May have that with some ham and new potatoes.
D: steak, sw sweet potato chips, peas, salad and pepper sauce (1.5 syns and rest of hea).

So far syns used 2/15. I have 1/2 me heb left, so one alpen light. Will use the rest of my syns on vino and a flump!

I'm off to the butchers in a bit to get lamb shanks for tomorrow's lunch!

Oooops, it's been over a week (almost 2) since posting. Needless to say weigh ins haven't been great. I went totally off plan over the Easter holidays. I don't regret it though. We have had amazing family time, with fab days out. We've eaten out, eaten with family and just enjoyed. I did gain 1.5lbs last week and another 4lbs this week though! Ooooops! :eek:

I am 100% back on plan from tomorrow morning, and am giving myself 3 weeks to lose the 5.5 lbs. I would then love another stone by the Summer holidays.

Tomorrow's menu looks a little like this:
B: I'm trying something completely different. I struggle a little with breakfast because I don't like milk, porridge, yoghurts, mushrooms or cooked whole tomatoes (I know, fussy!). I eat most other things, it's just breakfast is so difficult. I've seen a recipe on the sw site for Shakshuka. It's a North African recipe, made with chopped tomatoes, chillies, peppers etc and an egg added towards the end. Will see how it goes, fingers crossed it's fab and will be a firm favourite. I've also seen a breakfast casserole recipe, will give that a go at some point as well.

L: I'm going to make a carrot and coriander soup.

D: pulled pork roll with salad (yum!).

There aren't any Syns at all there, or my hea, so will find a place for some during the day/evening.

Well I made the Shakshuka, and I didn't like it at all! Won't be making that again. So today now looks like this:

B: 1 mouthful of Shakshuka and melon slices
L: carrot and coriander soup
D: pulled pork in a roll (heb) garlic potatoes and a side salad.

I've downloaded the water balance app so going to see if I can fill my on screen person up with water every day. I've had 2 pints this morning (water not beer), and I'm up to 47%! I definitely don't drink enough normally.

Back