Should I call target?

huntsu1

I would really appreciate your thoughts, I never set a target at class as it seemed such a long way off in May 2011 but now I am in a position to really start to think, I am a healthy 72kg for my 5' 8" large frame (wrist 17.5cm) and really happy with how I now look although hoping that my gym sessions will help me to tone up a bit.

I am finding it increasingly hard to loose now and I wonder if I am trying too hard. So do I call target soon and then just see what happens, if I started to loose again I would be happy to drop it by 1/2 stone but equally happy to maintain my weight with my diet as it is.

I feel so great at the moment that I don't want to spoil it by becoming obsessed with the numbers :sigh:

Personally I think you're already at a perfect weight for your height and build :)

If I was in your position I would call target, maintain for a while and enjoy the new you and your success :) You can knock it down a notch if you feel like it later - it's not set in concrete :D

Congrats on your fab achievement :) xx

If you're happy then I would call target. If you try and try to lose that bit extra it will be a lot more difficult for you to maintain. Well done on your loss and reaching target :)

Well done on the weight loss! If you're happy as you are (and you look great to me) call target! If you carry on losing weight then, as you say, you can amend it. I've seen instances where people cannot maintain their target and get really really down about it so if you're at a weight you can maintain stop now!

You've got 6lb to play around with (+3lb, - 3lb) and you'll soon find where your body wants to sit. Also, it will save you some money if you're part of a group (although I end up still spending money on hi-fi bars etc...).

As everyone else has said, the point at which you should call target is very personal. I got to a similar point to you, and ended up obsessing and pushing for that last bit because I'm really stubborn and had that number in my head for so long.

You look fab, and if you're truly happy, and would remain so with the weight loss you have, then call target. You're looking fab, and if you're feeling it too, then that's perfect! However, if you want to push yourself, that's fine too so long as it keeps you within a healthy weight range.

Good luck with whatever you decide - and as someone else has pointed out, even if you do call target, you're not completely bound to that decision, and you can always drop it down later if necessary.

Thank you all, I am off to Liverpool for a three day conference with work so will miss next weeks weigh-in I have booked a holiday week so on my return I am going to call target - I will continue with class and see how it goes.

I think now You have helped me make the decision I feel quite excited (never been at target before) which is better than getting stressed about a few pounds which may well drop off on there own!

Back