should i drink more water ?????

poshbird

I'm a CD restarter , since 1st Nov i've lost 9lbs , i drink approx 3 litres of water and 3 large mugs of peppermint tea with sweetners , i really want to see larger weight loss, should i be drinking more water ?

Hi, ive been wondering about my water intake too, i drink about 3 litres of plain water then maybe a couple of cups of tea, then there is the extra water i have in shakes. I know a lot of people on here swear by drinking more to help weight loss, so i confronted my counsellor and he thought it was rubbish and that i would do fine drinking 2.5 to 3litres. I too am confused, someone please tell what is right!!

Katie x

Water, water, water.

Whether you are on a diet or not the recommended water intake of fluid a day is 4 pints/2.25 litres.

When your SSing on Cambridge Diet 6-8 pints/3-4 litres is about right, some like to drink more.

I am happiest around 4-5 litres of water.

When on any vlcd like Lipotrim, Lighter Life or Cambridge Diet you must replace the water that you would normally get from eating food as our food is largely composed of water, just like our bodies.

It is necessary to keep the body's fluid levels topped up so that you prevent the unpleasant symptoms of dehydration - headache, dizziness, fatigue, irritability and constipation.

The extra fluid also enables the body to get rid of the waste products associated with the breakdown of fats resulting from weight loss.

Love Mini xxx

Hi, ive been wondering about my water intake too, i drink about 3 litres of plain water then maybe a couple of cups of tea, then there is the extra water i have in shakes. I know a lot of people on here swear by drinking more to help weight loss, so i confronted my counsellor and he thought it was rubbish and that i would do fine drinking 2.5 to 3litres. I too am confused, someone please tell what is right!!

Katie x

I drink about the same as you Katie. Like you I was told I was told the same re drinking more water. :eek:

Deb x

I drink 3 litres and often wonder if I should drink more. It definitely didn't slow down my weight loss on LL. My weight loss is slower on CD but I'm not sure its water related. My CDC also said 3 litres was plenty enough to be drinking.

When I was SS on LL, I was drinking the required 4 litres of water a day. Average loss was 3lbs.

I increased my intake to 6 litres a day MINIMUM, some days getting to 8 or 9 litres. My average weigh losses went up to 5 lbs.

I do not know the science of it, but it seemed to increase my losses.

Another example, my father was trying to lose weight, but having just had a double knee replacement and a quadruple bypass (hence me losing all the weight because I had EXACTLY the same build as my father), he could not go SS. He had already altered his diet and had shifted a few pounds, but has plateaued. He had not lost an ounce for about a month. I advised him to start drinking plain water (which he literally drank zero of), and his weight started to come off again at about 1.5 to 2 lbs a week.

It may all just be coincidence, and I would never say 100% it was because of the water - but it seems like it to me. I cannot see how just drinking water could do this, but I have to believe what happenned to me, my father, and in fact my brother too.

I now still drink at least 4 litres of water a day, which is about twice what people recommend.

Steve

I'm convinced Steve - and as someone who doesn't drink water well ... (now wine would be different!!) I know that I have got to up my consumption. Off to the kitchen to top my pint glass up!!!!

I have trouble drinking the water didnt until 2 weeks ago SO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
i am drinking a pint every waking hour 8am to 8pm so thats 13 pints which is 6 1/2 litres :eek: is that right,I started this today so far so good :D
XXC

When I did Lighter Life last Year, I drank 6-7 litres per day. Some weeks I lost 4-6 lbs per week.
I am now back to CD and trying to up my water from 4 Litres to 6 as I know it brings faster losses!
Avril
X

Confession here, I started off diligently glugging down 4.5 litres a day, then this past week I have been feeling ill and not able to stomach it so now only having 2.5-3l, and I have lost better this week than ever before.
I find it strange that the water intake recommendations do not seem to take any account of your size or weight, surely men must need more than women. BTW I think Mike said that over 6litres can be unhealthy - or something like that.

MOre than 6 litres unhealthy ....... then I was unhealthy for the most part of the time I was SSing on LL then :)

I would have thought that your body would just dump excess fluid, but bodies are clever and strange things.

I have heard that if you drink too much too fast you could drown ;)

4 litres a day is easily manageable, and seems okay to me ..... and I don't seem to pee excessively either (and when I do it is generally light-straw coloured [sorry for the detail] which is supposed to signify the correct level of hydration), so my body clearly needs about 4 litres.

As you correctly say, I think the amount of water you need depends on your body. Everyone is going to be different, and they just come up with a reasonable average ....... bit like BMI really .... one formula does not fit all!!

Steve.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you dilute your body salts if you have too much water, thought it was Mike (Icemoose) who said that but I could well be mistaken.

IDI, I like the pint-an-hour idea, think i will give that i try! Does anyone know if decaff coffee counts towards water intake? I know caffinated doesn't.

The Cambridge booklet states that your calorie free liquids can include plain water, black tea or coffee, zero calorie diet drinks. Is this incorrect? If so why do they print it and give it to us?

Back