Should i give in ?

How much would your food bill normally be in a week Tom? I'm sure it would come out somewhere around that price anyway (especially if your local Indian is a regular haunt...). I know it seems like a lot of money at once, but when you add up what you'd spend in a week...occasional takeaways, sandwiches at lunchtime, snacks etc etc - bet the sums would be almost equal.

Good Luck, whatever you decide :)

Good point KopCat. When I first lost my weight I did it with LL and that was costing me £66 (I think) a week. I remembers doing the maths at the time and when I worked out what I was spending on all my meals, snaks etc it was way more than that .....

I was actually better off !!

Hi Tom Tom, I nearly caved in on wk2 it was awful doing meals for everyone and not eating! I moved on to 790 and its much more manageable + you get the bars after the second week which are lovely. I have a two sachets in the day, evening meal (as per 790) then a bar when I chill with tv! Its just getting through the day then the evening is almost 'normal'. A means to ends anyway.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Tom,

What you have to keep in mind is it is only costing less than £2 a meal... how much does a boots sandwich cost?? I think you will be OK, just don't keep hopping on the scales (that is my downfall) as this does dictate your mood for the day and I think psychologically makes you feel hungry...

You can do it, but only you can make your mind up... see how you get on at the next weigh in and enjoy your tandoori chicken..

Love

My weekly food bill is usually just over £40, but thats for two of us, now it's £35 for me, and then my wifes food ontop.

Steve, i appreciate i should be on 4 meals, my cdc knows i'm only doing 3 though, but did ask me to AAM if i felt i needed it.
As for levels of nutrition, i'm still getting waaay more now, than what i was before CD.

Anyways, had some chicken tonight, just a small amount, and feel ok.

Another idea Tom - how about splitting your 3 packs in half making 6 meals in effect, and spread them out through the day to equalise your blood sugars even more ??

Hi Steve,

Thats a good idea, i'll try that over the weekend. Thanks.

Just as a matter of interest, i sneaked on the scales again (bad i know) and am STILL the same weight as tuesday ! lol

Have now removed the battery so they dont work and i have to wait till next week ! :D

Tom - are you in your seccond week?....9lb you lost first week is this right?

Your second week isnt usually a big loss - cos your body is adjusting...

Keep with it!!

Gilly, 9lb was before my first week was up, as i had a prior appointment on the day that would've been the end of week 1, so yesterday was the end of wk1, but still hadn't lost since Tuesday.

Will just need to ride it out and see how i go.

I forgot my milkshake today at lunch, so i went all day from 8am in the morning to 9 pm tonight....i was grumpy and hungry and sat watching everyone eating delicious food from the canteen (why cant they at least serve disgusting food!!) I was so so so close to giving in but resisted! This is defo the nearest ive gone to sacking it all in, but somehow resisted!x

Hi Tom,

When I used to jump on the scales, I would stay the same weight all week, but come Monday morning I would have lost it!

Perhaps this is happerning to you?
I have stopped weighing myself altogether other than at CDC's house, as I was seriously winding myself up and my mood would be governed by wether the scales had moved or not! If I still weighed the same, then I would eat rubbish...what was the point, if I hadn't lost anything right?

Try and keep at it a little while longer and you really will start to see the benefits.

Kerry-Ann

Thanks Kerry-Ann.

I'm going to stick at it, i feel a lot better today, much more positive.
The batterys are now out of the scales, so even if i jump on the scales nothing will show up :D

Good for you Tom!!!

You certainly sound more up beat!

Good luck on this coming week and you will be amazed at the loss again next week - naturally it won't be 9lbs again, but it will be higher than if you were following another plan.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xx

...and you will loose them!

:) Fingers crossed.
This weekend is going to be much easier, as i've a lot to do round the house, so mind will be occupied doing other things, rather than sitting thinking of food, which, funnily enough, hasn't bothered me at all today. :)

There you go!!! Definitely in ketosis and too preoccupied to think of food!!

Well done!!

I have a little one to run around after (not quite 2, but going on 22!) and she fills my time up so that I don't think of eating - even when I am making her meals!
I also teach Ceroc Jive and dance 2-3 times a week. If you are busy doing other things...you definitely can't think of food!

Well i'll just keep my head up for now, my collegue that was doing it with me has already gave in and not didn't start her second week, so in a way i want to prove i can keep going.

My Hubby is exactly the same...he hasn't completed a full SS week yet and keeps messing around with the plan.

I have set him straight though, as I am paying for both of us!

I am proving to him that once you get over that first 2 week hurdle, it does get easier - and it really will for you.

Well if today is anything to go buy, i wont have any problems at all. And would be happy to stay on until xmas. (promised myself a day off for xmas dinner) :D

Back