Should i?

flosoup

Can you use all 15 syns each day even if you don't really need them? I had finished with 7 for today and had headed onto bed. Hubby came in and offered a cup of tea and asked if i wanted anything with it.... So I took a rocky bar bringing me up to 13 syns for the day. This is my first day on plan. Will this affect how well the plan works?

Thanks in advance:)

You can use between 5 and 15. If you wanted and enjoyed the rocky bar then dont worry about it. Ive done this a lot realised i had syns left so had something sweet at the end of the day. Enjoy it dont feel guilty.

It's not cheating, if you have syns left and you fancy something, then have it, that's what syns are there for. As long as you don't go over your syns then there's nothing to worry about.

I try to have 8-12, but i am partway through my journey.

You will find out what works for you the longer you are on SW - but as long as you stick to the rules - this plan works!!

Free foods, Healthy Extras and Syns = WEIGHT LOSS!

Dont miss anything out as that can actually hinder your chances of losing weight! Sounds bizarre, but its true. Think of it like a cake recipe - you wouldnt miss out the eggs or flour as they are part of what makes the cake. Same with SW!

Good luck xxx

No need to feel like you are cheating - that's the whole reason we have syns to use.
You sound like you're doing fine, keep it up! :)
xxx

I always think the same, i had 13 syns the other day and felt really guilty and worried it will make me put on weight!!! x

Tbh the weeks I use all my 105 syns I find I lose more weight lol

I don't save mine for weekends and binge, but try and use each days quota and that works really well for me.

I never seem to use my syns - I am worried that if I have say chocolate I will binge. Have had an eating disorder for 25 years on and off so just to feel healthy is great for me x

888sally888 said:
I never seem to use my syns - I am worried that if I have say chocolate I will binge. Have had an eating disorder for 25 years on and off so just to feel healthy is great for me x

Everyone is different just stick to what you know will work. I find I use my syns now for bigger portions better meals ect instead of junk food as I know I would never stop eating crisps and chocolate lol

Thanks everyone for your advice. Gonna use away at the syns. Just weird being on a diet and being able to nibble lol

Also worth noting you don't have to use your syns on 'bad' things. I have used 5 syns today - 2 on olive oil spray & 3 on a butterscotch hifi bar. I am saving the other 10 for a hen do this weekend :)

That's the other thing... Our consultant told us that we cant carry over suns. She said if we didn't use them on that day then they are gone as this only encourages bingeing. I really would like to carry mine as it means I can be a little less rigid at the weekend ( my danger time)

flosoup said:
That's the other thing... Our consultant told us that we cant carry over suns. She said if we didn't use them on that day then they are gone as this only encourages bingeing. I really would like to carry mine as it means I can be a little less rigid at the weekend ( my danger time)

There are different schools of thought on this. If it works best for you to save them for the weekend then do it. But if you know you would struggle without a daily treat then stick to your 5-15 a day.

I agree. If you know you are prone to binging then syn saving is not a good idea. Your consultant is right to warn you about it. Even if i am syn saving i always have 5 syns a day and its only for special events in my case.

I think it's best if I stick around 7 then if I do need just a few more at the weekend hopefully it will be ok :). Determined that this weight is going to come off!!

Back