Shouldnt be allowed???!

bruggie07

Hi Everyone, I am just finishing making some yummy veggie stew with pearl barley and it looks so stodgy and yummy, surely it cant be allowed!!?
Its just cabbage, tinned toms, carrots, onions runner beans, pearl barley and beef oxo cubes.

Im having a green day, can somebody out there just reassure me its allowed!!! Thanks guys x

It's all free food so it's allowed. It sounds really lovely, enjoy it xx

yum, sounds delish! Must add pearl barley to my shopping list

Oooh sounds just the ticket for a cold day like today................. eat up and enjoy.......syn free on green!:D

I wish i liked pearl barley/chick peas and food like that........BUT yeah its allowed so enjoy!!! :D

Yep, all free and so yum.
I made a huge pot of soup with lots of cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, celery, potatoes, barley and knorr veg cubes. I whizzed the whole lot up so it's a real thick soup, yummy and so filling. I am having some more this evening and freezing the rest.
Soup and stews are so good this time of the year!

That's the beauty of SW!

I am a recent convert to pearl barley - so cheap and filling.

Waitrose does a bag of ready-made Irish Stew Mix. It is onions, potatoes, carrots, leeks and herbs. You are supposed to add it to lamb, of course, to make an Irish Stew, but I just cook it as it is with some stock for a free meal on a green day.

Of course, this is a bit naughty, because it would be cheaper if I bought all the ingredients and made it myself, but on days when I just can't find the time for chopping and slicing it is brilliant!

Back