Show it, wear it

Luci-De-Milo

is going to do this!
Hey everyone! :)

Well just a little idea for a thread. I know some people don't like posting pictures of themselves on here, so I thought this might be a little alternative to it.

Well if like me you love clothes and love shopping, you may have an outfit or garment of clothing you are aiming to wear, or fit back into, when you reach your goal weight. Whether it is a dress, top, skirt, trousers, a whole outfit, anything you like!

The idea is, post a picture on here of the outfit/piece of clothing that you want to fit into. Eg, tomorrow I'm going to post a pic on here of a denim skirt I've owned since I was 13 (yes really!), that I still fitted into until 2 years ago. I am determined to get back into it, and for me it will prove I've reached my goal.

So what you do, is you post the picture, then once you've reached the goal weight, you post a picture of yourself wearing it! The more daring of you might want to even post a picture of you attempting to wear it now, for example my skirt only goes up to mid thigh level at the mo!

Thought it might be good for people to realise how far they've come and inspire others. I also thought it might help those who are disheartened by what the scales are saying, especially further down the line, because you might find yourself fitting into that outfit even when you have a few more pounds to go. If not, and it's just me who'd like this, I'll post both pictures anyway, so you can track my progess - and I'll help prove that if I can get where I want, anyone can :)

ok i have ordered these wet look leggings

Wet look leggings - Leggings - Dorothy Perkins

and this long top
Yellow ruched side boob tube - Vests and Boob Tubes - Tops - Dorothy Perkins
or the blue version

Cobalt ruched side boob tube - Vests and Boob Tubes - Tops - Dorothy Perkins

have ordered both in a size 12 which is where i want to be.

so that's my goal.
sorry for not osting pics but easier to post links. soz

Gorgeous boob tubes! You're a bad influence cos I'm gna order that blue one now haha!

I have a pair of wet look leggings I'm too scared to wear, looking forward to seeing if I can ever pull them off haha!

i know thats my goal, to have killer legs, to pull those leggings off.
and if not a fantastic pair or boots will hide any sins, as will those fantastic long boob tubes.
to be honest i ordered 3 of those boob tubes (sad i know but love the colours) got blue, yellow, and black. there sooooo cost effective.
sorry for being bad influence but i know you will look fantastic, wet look leggings, blue bood tube, and gorgeous black high heal boots.
oh yeah we will be breaking guys necks (in a good way) as they wont be able to keep there eyes of us.
wooooohoooooo. ha ha haaaaaa, i really think it is a goodluck,

Heres my dream dress hanging outside by wardrobe (size 12) ---- Shown it!!
By October 2009 I will wear it on a piccie here...I promise myself, I will DO it this time. :D

!BRwr-yQBGk~$(KGrHgoH-CEEjlLly3cCBJ+vG92+)!~~_1.JPG

I love those designer jeans, I wonder if they do short leg for someone my height, I'm 5ft2...

bdb7_1.JPG

I've just bought these items from ebay - in a size 12 (hopefully they will fit by my holiday in 5 weeks)

gosh i can't even imagine being 9 stone!!

i like true religion jeans, but don't buy them from the US curly, you will be stung with mega customs. 7 for all mankind are my favourite, as Marishka Hargitay wears them apparently and she always looks amazing. that's my ideal celebrity figure.

gosh i can't even imagine being 9 stone!!

i like true religion jeans, but don't buy them from the US curly, you will be stung with mega customs. 7 for all mankind are my favourite, as Marishka Hargitay wears them apparently and she always looks amazing. that's my ideal celebrity figure.

Thanks no I wont buy them from the states I will buy them in London . I have a friend that sells them in his shop so i will go there or Im sure Selfridges have them x

Wow you all have gorgeous taste in clothes I must say! :)

GaynorEm, that's a beautiful dress! Where are you going to wear it first? :eek: My first outing will be to a nightclub, hopefully everyone else will manage one a bit more classy than that haha! (I'm allowed im 18! :p)

Eyesontheprize and CurlyWurly, great jeans, bet you can't wait to fit into them! I'm thinking of buying a pair of size 10 skinny jeans, that would really prove I'd lost the weight as they cling to every bit of you!

FooFan - I loooooove the colour of that top! Beautiful! You're going to look really sophisticated in that, I hope you have a lovely holiday!

Somewhere I recommend is Asos.com, I think they only go up to a size 18, however it is cheap and always good quality from what I've ordered. Try not to get addicted like me though... :p

Shoes

It's more about the shoes for me. I love clothes, but shoes are my one true love. I own these, but have never put them on my feet. They are by Christian Louboutin and were not cheap, but with 5 inch heels, I will have to loose weight to even think about wearing them.
chrisylou.jpg

I also love these, but don't own them...yet!!
chrisylou2.jpg

I LOVE LOUBOUTIN!!!!!!!! i will never get any though as i would never wear them, but they are beautiful.

Somewhere I recommend is Asos.com, I think they only go up to a size 18, however it is cheap and always good quality from what I've ordered. Try not to get addicted like me though... :p
ME TOO!!! :D And here's a funny story about a skirt - I ordered a skirt from Asos ages ago to go out in on 2nd May, not sure of what size I would be so I ordered a 16. It fitted when it came! However, as I got nearer to the date, I could see that the skirt was getting far too big. I rang Asos, not sure that I would be able to exchange it in time, and ended up ordering a 12 and a 14, just in case! Guess which one fitted when they came? Yes - the 12! (I didn't even have to get the 14 out of the bag!) I sent the others back and Asos refunded me the whole lot, including the postage - they're good like that. :)

FYI - this is the skirt:-

ASOS | at ASOS

(I'm wearing it in my Gold fancy dress pic, but you can't really see it under the mac!)

And these are the jeans I'm aiming for when this is all over! ;)

Diesel Black Gold | Diesel Black Gold High Waist Skinny Jeans at ASOS

Wow this is a great idea, Im gonna go search for an outfit, so much more fun than watching daytime tv! lol.

loved those jeans eyeontheprize. I'm a dress fan. Love anything girlie dress wise.

Back