Show us your weekly shop **nosy thread**

willbefabulousat26

Likes to Dukan
I thought this would be an interesting thread for us to be nosy and look at what each other buy.

Here's mine!

**not endorsing any particular brands or supermarket ;)

I'm hoping the meat and fish in this shop will last me 2 weeks but I'll probably have to top up the fresh stuff after a week. You don't see a lot of veg as I have quite a lot in the freezer already to use as and when.

This shop cost me about £55 (I live on my own so only buy for myself). It's a bit more than I usually spend in a week but I think I got quite a bit for my money.

It's interesting to see how healthy it all looks when it's spread out like that. I don't think any skeptic would look at it and say "oh what an extreme diet".

Attachments

• IMG_2502.jpg
    IMG_2502.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 138
Looks like jelly ??

I don't do a weekly shop as I never know where I'm going to be lol

Hey very COOL! My only comment - could do with a bit more green veg? Or is it all hidden somewhere under the chicken?

I can't quite extract a weekly shop as I'm shopping for a family of 4, anyway I'm in stab now but the staples that still figure in varying proportions most weeks:

500gr lowest-fat cottage cheese
2x500gr Fromage frais
18 Value eggs
Frozen chicken breast
Frozen beef strips
Chicken pieces (drumsticks & thighs)
Rollmops Herring
Frozen Value prawns
Frozen Value white fish
Fresh Salmon
Tinned Mackerel
Tinned Tuna
Tinned Salmon
Silken Tofu (plain)
3L UHT skimmed milk (for yoghurt making)
WW fruit yoghurts if on offer (not when I was cruising)
Rubarb - when I can get it.
Loads of Veg: Broccoli, Lettuce, Spinach, Squash, Cauli, cucumber, carrots, whatever is in season and whatever is in our Box delivery that week.

So there you have it. I always find myself assessing other peoplein the supermarket by theyr shopping trolleys now - especially if it's all cucpackes, crisps and fizzy drinks ;-)

I should add that I do buy fruit, full-fat milk, yoghurt, desserts, cereals, pasta/rice/potatoes, biscuits and cheese and cold meats to feed the rest of my family... and I eat some of those as well these days. Bread I always make at home. And Oatbran I buy in bulk - not in the supermarket.

PS: just saw the comment about the Veg!

Last edited:
What's in the wine glasses???
Just being nosy :)

Yes it's jelly despite what it may look like ;)

Anjuschka - Interesting reading your list. I'd LOVE to have one of those fresh veg boxes delivered. It must be nice not knowing exactly what you're going to get. My veg fave at the minute is spinach. There's a big bag hidden in there somewhere and I eat a lot of brocolli from the freezer too.

Back