Extra Easy Shredding for the Wedding!

Smiles19

Hi All, :)

My name's Sadie and I started doing Slimming World from home at the end of November after trying on my wedding dress (bought in the previous March) and S T R U G G L I N G to do it up! I felt like a stuffed sausage and vowed to lose some weight so I can be my absolute best and healthiest self on my wedding day!

I have done a lot of reading up on slimming world and talking to members who go to group and I think I have a pretty good handle on it but Im sure there are some gaps in my knowledge! I really like the plan because being mainly veggie (I eat fish but no meat) theres not a lot I eat that is synful in the first place so I dont feel too restricted - Great for someone with Zero will power!

I tend to think in terms of inches rather than lbs/ kgs etc and I think I need to loose 2 - 3inches minimum, but the more the better I say!

In the past I have very lazy tendencies and love a pint in the pub with my other half, that's my happy place really! However, new starts and all that, I have ranked up my gym visits and try to go 3 x per week (although more often than not its 2 x), as well as going for walks at lunch time to get away from my desk and get some light in my bones (I work in a windowless office, its horrid!)

Looking forward to using this diary to keep track and to meeting you all and offering support where I can

Let's Do This!! :character00116:

Oh, Wedding Date is 14th May 2017 by the way!!

Welcome and good luck! You should have plenty of time to lose that weight before your wedding! :)

Hi Wolf,

Thanks for your reply, yes i agree I have lots of time until the big day, it's the dress fittings that creep up on you!
Because I want to have some straps/ bolero/ something that covers my shoulders added I have been recommended to go for first fitting in mid Feb and I don't want to be stuffed into my dress again! Going shopping this weekend for shoes in London so will have to be careful to keep on track

So.. I fell off the wagon quite spectacularly yesterday, and on my second day here, what a good impression I'm making!! I went to the pub with my fiancee which was much needed as he is going through job changes and lots of big decisions to make, and we have our best conversations over a pint! I had a lovely evening, 2 pints of San Miguel and then went home and had gnocci with lovely roasted veggies! So at least we didnt splurge on Dominos as we have been known to do!!

I will have to find myself a drink that isnt lager, but I do love a pint! I havent drunk much in the last few weeks though so after 2 I felt quite sozzled! I used to drink 4 in a sitting so at least that's an improvement.

Other than the beer yesterday was ok food wise, so I will let myself off this time! I will just have to be extra good today to make up for it :)

Alcohol is the worst. :( My favourite drinks are either fruit ciders or ginger wine . . . neither of which I can really have on SW (one fruit cider is around 13 syns!!!) so I've found it easier just to stop drinking. I really wish I liked regular (not fortified) wine, as at least I could have a glass or two of that. :(

Oh My God, Fruit Ciders are Lush! I only tend to drink them in Summer so not missing them too much at the moment but I will do :( I thankfully do like wine I just much prefer a pint! I will just have to suck it up and start drinking spritzers... I can hear my other half now saying I'm not the girl he fell in love with haha!
Well done you on stopping drinking, I dont drink very much or very regularly any more - last night was my first drink since New Years so I dont think I really need to give it up, just change what I drink and limit the amounts!

Happy Monday!
I had a little trip away with my mum to London over the weekend - we planned it ages ago as a girly get away/ shopping for bits for the wedding. I had a lovely time, we stayed with my mums old friend from uni, and went to covent garden and Kings Road in search of shoes and accessories which we got sorted!

Unfortunately I did not stay on plan! This is the first time I have stayed away and not been in control of what I'm eating since I started SW and its a lot more difficult when you are staying with someone else and being cooked for! Our hostess is Such a brilliant host as well - one of those lovely warm accommodating people who loves cooking for guests and makes amazing food....
Friday evening was a mushroom and lentil lasagne with roasted garlic broccoli = Not too bad - cheese sauce on top was probably the worst thing but we sat up eating olives and drinking wine and I'm pretty sure I drank a bottle of white to myself so that was Friday out of the window!
Saturday we had scrambled eggs on toast for breakfast on brown = Hex B - so that was fine, then we were out at lunch so had some M&S salads without the dressing - again, pretty good going considering but still not ideal I am guessing. Then dinner was cod baked in tomato/ olive mediterranean sauce with roasted potatoes ... Oh My GOD it was delicious! But after I went to meet some friends and they hadnt eaten yet so I ended up picking at their hummous and filo feta rolls and drinking MORE wine (but not as much as Friday!!)
Having written it down it actually wasnt as bad as I thought, just the alcohol again I suppose. But it made me think of when I go to the in laws - they arent big cooks and serve a lot of sausage rolls/ quiches/ mayonnaisey potato salads/ all those sorts of foods and I have no idea what I will do then!

So this week I am back on it. Determined to stay on track and not go over my syns, and I AM going to go to the gym 3 times this week! Only a month until my first dress fitting so its time to pull my finger out!

Does anyone have a way of coping with trips away to see friends? Do you warn them in advance or is that too rude? Or is it ruder to eat a tiny amount of the food they have prepared? I just Don't know, advice/ stories/ ideas welcome! :)

Ye I reckon I'd prob tell them, it's hard isn't it what to do for the Best. Least if u tell them they can buy salad and not waste money on foods that won't get eaten. Or just do what you do have a little treat with your friends and start a fresh soon as u can. To be fair I think you did really well apart from the wine haha. Everyone deserves to let their hair down at time wouldn't worry x

Thanks guys, you're right it could have been worse, there were plenty of crisps thrust under my nose that I didnt touch! At least we didnt get the cheese and biscuits out later in the evening either , That's a serious killer!

I'm feeling determined and pumped to get back to the gym today (I dont know what happened last week but I only managed to go on the Monday - time just disappears!)

I have one more trip away at the end of the month (to see the in laws!) so I will pre warn them that I am on slimming world I think! I am pretty close to them anyway so I can be a bit rude! Soon to be family anyway so Im sure they wont mind! :) Also meeting up with the other half's best man and his wife who is on slimming world so she will keep me on track I'm sure!

xx

Thanks guys, you're right it could have been worse, there were plenty of crisps thrust under my nose that I didnt touch! At least we didnt get the cheese and biscuits out later in the evening either , That's a serious killer!

I'm feeling determined and pumped to get back to the gym today (I dont know what happened last week but I only managed to go on the Monday - time just disappears!)

I have one more trip away at the end of the month (to see the in laws!) so I will pre warn them that I am on slimming world I think! I am pretty close to them anyway so I can be a bit rude! Soon to be family anyway so Im sure they wont mind! :) Also meeting up with the other half's best man and his wife who is on slimming world so she will keep me on track I'm sure!

xx

You'll be fine :)

You have something to work towards, so I'm sure you'll be ok.

I get loads of motivation from members on here. Minimins is a great site and everyone's always so friendly and will listen if you're having a good or bad day :)

Mid week update and I am doing a lot better you will all be glad to hear ;)
Finished Monday on 10 syns and yesterday on 7 and I'm really trying to get all my speed food in to make up for the weekend haha!
I think the evenings on the sofa in front of the to are killers for me, I get bored and nibble so I need to find something to do with my hands I think... might start knitting again, have a couple of babies on the way in the family so would be lovely to be able to make something for them
What do you all do to stop the evening munchies?
Thanks for reading x

It's good to hear that you are doing a lot better.

You seem to be well within your syn allowances so that is good :)

I know what you mean about getting the evening munchies. I often have a milky coffee as it is quite filling, so I can then forget I was hungry. I usually have sweetener in it so my body thinks I've had sugar and stops craving it :)

I went to the gym last night and weighed myself, half expecting a slight gain if anything after the weekend I had, and I have LOST 3LBS!
SO Chuffed :woohoo:
I have been really careful with my syns the last few days and I havent eaten any chocolate... I can't remember how long it's been since I ate chocolate! How unusual!

Now i just have to keep it up!!
xx

I went to the gym last night and weighed myself, half expecting a slight gain if anything after the weekend I had, and I have LOST 3LBS!
SO Chuffed :woohoo:
I have been really careful with my syns the last few days and I havent eaten any chocolate... I can't remember how long it's been since I ate chocolate! How unusual!

Now i just have to keep it up!!
xx

That's brilliant, well done 3lbs is a fab loss!!

Happy Monday! :(
I had a fairly good, on plan, weekend in the end. I allowed myself some Maltesers after a VERY healthy quinoa veggie dinner on Saturday hehe! But all within syn allowance so that's all good.
Had a couple of pints yesterday which obviously pushed me right over limit but everything else I ate was free so not going to beat myself up about it. Went to the cinema to see lion yesterday with my other half (anyone seen it? It's really good, emotional but definitely worth a watch) anyway, usually we would be right in there with the popcorn, but he's also trying to slim down for the wedding so we had an Americano coffee (with skimmed) from the costa attached instead and it was actually really nice to have a hot beverage! It would have been hard to go in there with nothing and that felt like a good compromise. I was looking at the list of coffees and their calories and I was shocked! Mochas (my old fave) are something rediculous like 600 calories!! Don't quote me on that but I was shocked!!

I also made it to the gym by 9am yesterday which would have been unheard of this time last year so I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that too! :character00116:

Xxx

Back