*Shrinklies**The Everything August Challenge*

Some quotes to make up for FFBT being away xxx

Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.

Have the courage to act on your dreams - leave behind you the internal forces that hold you back.

Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

When you expect success, your mind focuses on success.

Life is a succession of moments, seconds and minutes. To live each one is to succeed.

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

When you discover it's your choice and your attitude, things start to happen!

Everyone makes mistakes - the only people who never fail are those who never even try.

The secret of success is having the courage to begin in the first place.

Great results will follow if you allow yourself to solve difficult problems.

Just some quotes for you xxx

Last edited:
Great quotes, Sunshine. I love the one about getting run over if you're just sitting on the right track!

Yep, date 2!!!! I really hope I like him - he's been so upfront about how much he likes me that I'm a bit concerned I'll lose my nerve and opt for the safe option. I must like him a bit to have agreed to date 2, so I'm just hoping the spark continues to shine. I must say, he's doing all the right things in terms of chasing/wooing! lol Very complimentary, very honest, very (but appropriately) flirty, and he told me last night that he's bought me a wee (said I wasn't to worry because it really isn't big) present. The clues are it's from Finland (nothing to do with fish!) and is cute, colourful, practical and useful. He knows how to build intrigue! lol The attention is lovely and so I'm going to stop overthinking this and just go tonight and have a good time. If we see each other again, fab, if not, then it was fun while it lasted.

Mind you, no wonder I'm nervous, I've been on dinner dates recently, but the last time I was at the cinema with a guy was about 3 years ago!!!! I'm out of practice!

Right, I'm going to stop rambling about dating and get back to tidying my bedroom and cleaning the bathroom.

xx

Aw you deserve this hun. Just enjoy it for now and see where it leads.

Good luck and have fun. Take the compliments too xxx

Thanks for your support, Sunshine re the date. I keep telling myself (and him!) that butterflies are good as if you didn't have them, it means you're obviously not that bothered. But I wish they'd stay in my tummy and stop going to my head! lol

Foodwise for the weekend, I'm going to stick to low carbs. (not sure how much I can talk about this on the 100% post board???) Today, I'm sticking to plan till dinner. Tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, I'm not anticipating having any CD products but won't be pigging out on junk either. It's probably easier to do, also as one of my friend's who is coming tomorrow is doing WeightWatchers just now, so she'll be watching what she's eating too. And the other friend is a wee petite skinnymalink who eats like a sparrow anyway! So all in all, I'll be in good company for being sensible!

How you feeling now, hun? What did/are you ending up doing today?
x

Thats great re the butterflies and the foodie plans. Good on ya!

I spent a lot of today totally relaxing. We popped into town to have a nose about. I tried on some fab jeans but they were all a bit big and there's no point in getting any yet. Then we took some pictues in the garden. i asked oh to take some full length ones as i wanted to see and I'm so glad i did. We discovered my jeans are too big and not very nice (these are the smallest i have!!) so they'll just have to do for now. Jeans are never too flattering anyway. I've done a comparison pic which is in my album here and on my sig (more to motivate me thank anything) and I've printed copy off for my fridge. Emailed it to my family too and my sis has said really nice things so I'm happy.

Gonna find a couple to put in my album on here of the full body ones xxx

So peep's, peep or just me,

It's going to be a very quiet thread this weekend with Thez mostly away, Fattyfattybumtum not around properly till monday, Mini Minx away for her birthday. Not heard from Shanny or Drlarius in a while. I've seen Sarette and Foosey on the forum and of couse Polishrose is here.
So I may well be chatting to myself on here. I have another day off with oh tomorrow and a rehearsal on sunday but I will be logging on for inspiration. I need it at the moment and via email my cdc said to remember where I want to get to..... she has a good point! :)

So hope you all have a lovely weekend.

It's Saturday Slimming all the way xxx

Sunshine, you're looking wonderful! Between the new hair and new body, it's just brill! Look at those pics often to remind you of how well you're doing xx

Rose, well done on the 3lbs! You're doing so well - over 4 stones gone! You're an inspiration! xx

Well, I'm back from the date...it was lovely :) The present was a little cuddly husky dog keyring - very cute. I've named him Oscar. He (the date, not Oscar!) was much more relaxed tonight so it was very chilled. Had dinner and there was no lull in conversation, went to the cinema then for a couple of drinks (water for me, Shrinks!) and had a chilled chat about films, music, feminism, wood panelling, pyjamas - you know, the usual stuff! lol Haven't arranged what or when yet, but have agreed to go on a 3rd date so all good. Oh, and he's a nice kisser too!
:lilkiss:

Right, Shrinksters, I'm off to bed. Gotta get my beauty sleep for a day of bluesing tomorrow. Am sooo looking forward to it - fab music and great company! Will check in in the morning before my friends arrive.

N'night xx

Shrinksville Saturday Song

Good Morning Shrinklies!!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend planned.

Positive affirmations for today:
I am getting slimmer and healthier

I am in control of the choices I make

I am a valuable, worthwhile person before, during and after this journey.

And if you like to have an uplifting song playing in the background while you repeat the above, this one is all about you...

Nobody Does It Better
Carly Simon

Good morning,

Lovely posts Thelma and thanks for the photo comments.

How exciting about your date. A good kisser is always a must too and how sweet he gave you Oscar!!!! awwwww.... 3rd date will be fun and well done on the water. Have you told him your on CD?

Polishrose, thanks about the avatar..... i fancied a change :)

I've just taken my measurments and have lost 31.5 inches. But a whooping 13.5 inches of that is offf my bum woohoo :) I have never lost that amout from one place before. I think overall i've probably lost more but had to use the old measurements I had take some time before CD.

I will be off to town later to get new bra measurment taken and hopefully find a new bra to keep me going. Have some work to do today along with the housework and time off with OH.

Hope you all have a lovely day xxx

Thanks, Sunshine. Haven't told him about CD yet. Will probably do that in the next week as he may start to wonder why I'm not eating!lol I don't feel too apprehensive about telling him though.

Your inch loss stats are amazing!!!!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Keep remembering those stats when we're not blowing hard enough on the scales :) Enjoy your new bra shopping - much fun :D xx

LOL yes i blame the Shrinklies for not blowing hard enough on my scales hehehehehhe. They have been put in the corner as they're being naughty. I'm so bloated from being due on, i just won't stand on them...no point at all. I may not even bother weighing this week and leave it till the following wi. I just don't want to be disheartened.

You must have lost a lot of inches loosing 3 stone. Oh my god Thez..... 3 stone!!!!! how brilliant is that!

Yes, i need to go get showered, do some house work and get that smaller bum of mine into town lol xxx

just downing a litre of water to get me started. I'm so bad, i'm only drinking 2 litres....... i want to be having 3 xxx

I've been tracking my inches every few weeks (started a couple of weeks after starting CD. My CDC is great, but she can't measure to save herself! lol). Here's the latest comparison:
[FONT=&quot]28/4/09[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 27/6/09[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weight[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 20.4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] /17.8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bust[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 45[/FONT][FONT=&quot] / 43[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Waist[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 42[/FONT][FONT=&quot] /39[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hips[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 59[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/ 53[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thigh[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 33[/FONT][FONT=&quot] /31[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Calf[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 21[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/ 20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Arm[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 20[/FONT][FONT=&quot] /18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Neck[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 15.5[/FONT][FONT=&quot] /14.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TOTAL LOSS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3st + 17”[/FONT]

I'm glad the inches are coming off all over and not just from the one place. Would love my chunky arms to get there the quickest though, but patience, patience!!

xx

Last edited:
Oh I'll need to wigh actually to finish the Power Challenge. Hey girlies and ghost of Alan...... only 3 more days..... where has that 5 weeks gone. Damn it, I should have been at goal by now!!! ah well you're stuck with me for a lot longer lol

That's brilliant Thez.

Maybe we should add our weekly inch loss on here too.It would motivate me to both to do it :)

I do slightly different measurements:

Waist
Bust
Under Bust
Hips
Bum
Arm
Leg (tops)

My waist is 27.5 inches today.

I've never done my calves and they have def shrunk. I'd say my waist is usually smaller but i'm bloated today xxx

what do you think re logging on here? Is it worth doing it weekly or maybe every 2nd week?

Ok, I'm having one of my frequent blonde moments! What's the difference between hips and bum when measuring?? lol

Posting inch loss sounds good. I don't tend to measure every week, but I could definitely post every couple of weeks.

Back