Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Hello hello.

Well I'm back. After over a year of not really following any plan I'm ready to get my life back in order. My father's illness and death last year ultimately crushed me...I couldn't focus on anything, let alone eating healthily. It was as much as I could do sometimes to get out of bed and go to work. It's been nearly a year since my dad died, and even though I miss him terribly, and think about him at some point in every day, I finally feel like I'm emerging from the fog that's been surrounding me since then.

I'm planning on weighing myself in the morning and my restart begins tomorrow. Even though I haven't weighed myself for months I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be right back where I was when I first started SW in 2010. All I know is that I've lost weight before, so if I'm disciplined I can do it again. My diet won't be particularly great for the first couple of days as I'm still on holiday at my mum's (for those of you who've known me for a few years you'll know my mum doesn't really understand the concept of eating a SW way, and I don't have the energy to argue!). Once I'm back in work though I'm going to be on it like Sonic!! Wish me luck! :D

I hope some of you will still read my ramblings! I've missed everyone's support.

Sian xx

Sian! Welcome back! :)

Really sorry to hear about your Dad though. That's so tough and I know what you mean about the fog. So glad you're back on here though and you can kick-start your weight loss once again. Brilliant!

Take care and keep posting.

Kathy xx

Welcome back Sian. Lovely to have you back on minis. Of course I'll read your posts and support you all the way xx

Morning, Sian! Hey, don't beat yourself up. At least you're back now and have faced the dreaded scales. I do mine on-line and haven't always been good for the last few weeks so, last Sunday, I re-started everything again. So annoyed with myself!

Judging by the response you got, all your Mini's friends are just delighted to have you back again so at least you know you'll get loads of support on here ...... and have a laugh too.

Good luck with your first day back on track and, it's great to hear from you again! :)

Kathy xx

Well done on braving the scales Sian The first step is always the hardest hun. Onwards and downwards now. I'm here for support if you need it xx

Morning sian x lovely to have you back xx

Good to hear that you're starting to feel a bit brighter since your dad passed. I'm sure you know you'll never ever forget him xxx

As for your start weight and feeling disgusted - we've all been there! Do not beat yourself up. Use it as a starting point, move on, and never look back xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yay, nice to see you back x

Hi Sian. Hope you've had a good day - food and otherwise! Think you get the idea everyone's glad to have you back! :D

Kathy xx

Thanks hun. I never fail to feel humbled by how kind and welcoming everyone is on here even when I disappear for months on end. How are you?

Today's been quite busy as I've been catching up on schoolwork, but it's still nice to be on holiday.

I haven't really started back on SW properly yet, although I'm trying to ease myself back in to the plan. I'm treating my mum to a meal out tonight as it's the last night before I go home, so I'll do my best to pick wisely :)

Xx

I've been very naughty today, I'm afraid! :) Went out with the Deputy from school, as she was saying she sometimes feels a bit left out of things, when people are organising days/evenings out. Don't know whether because she's classed as Senior Management, some staff are a little wary of her but she's really nice and we tend to like the same sort of places and things. Unfortunately, our afternoon out involved a tearoom and my will power just went out the window! :D Oh, well. I'll be good tomorrow.

Hope you have a lovely meal with your Mum and, if you can't make wise food choices ....... sod it and start again tomorrow!! Not the right attitude, I know but, who cares? Enjoy! xx

Back