Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Evening hun glad the assessment went well. Yayy back on the wagon with us whoop

Thanks hun! It's good to be back on the wagon I have to admit...all the sugar last week gave me a banging headache, lol! Xx

Last edited:
Saturday 28th September (EE)

Morning all! I hope everybody's well! I've had a busy morning so far today...I woke up at around 8 (unheard of for me at the weekend!), so I've done a load of washing, hung it up, changed my bed and that's now just about finished in the machine. I've also hoovered my bedroom and cut up two pineapples. I'm on fire, hahaha!! :D:D:D My headache from last night has also done one, so I'm a less grumpy bunny this morning!

Have a lovely day everybody! xx

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

Toffee Greek mullerlight - 0.5 syn
Pineapple
2 sausages - 1 syn

Lunch:

Smoked bacon and leek savoury bread and butter pudding (HexA, HexB + 2 syns)

Supper:

Gammon
SW paprika and garlic potato wedges
Fresh pineapple
Grilled tomatoes
Mushrooms
Ketchup - 0.5 syns

Snacks and drinks:

Banana
Grapes
1 sausage - 0.5 syns
30 alcohol syns
Ginger nuts slice - 6.5 syns

Today's syns: 41

Total syns: 51

Syns remaining: 54/105

Last edited:

It's just a savoury version of a bread and butter pudding :)

I diced and cooked a couple of thick slices of smoked bacon and 2 thin sliced skinny leeks. You then butter two slices of bread and cut them into triangle quarters.

Arrange the bread slices and the bacon and leek mixture in a small dish. Pour over a mixture of 2 eggs beaten with 2tbsp of semi skimmed milk, salt and pepper. Cook in a 700w microwave for 7 minutes (or about 5 minutes in a 1000w oven). Grate over 35g of reduced fat cheddar and grill until brown and bubbling.

Xx

Last edited:

Sunday 29th September (EE)

Afternoon all! I hope everybody's well!

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

Pineapple
2 sausages - 1 syn

Lunch:

Chicken, leek and noodle soup

Supper:

Pasta with smoked gammon, mushrooms, courgettes, garlic and philli light stirred in (HexA)

Snacks and drinks:

2 x Special K cracker crisps - 85 calories per bag so 9 syns??
Half a raspberry and almond scan bran cake (half HexB)
2 nectarines

Today's syns: 10

Total syns: 61

Syns remaining: 44/105

Last edited:

Today's lunch!

1380455903741.jpg

First time I've made chicken noodle soup :)

Yum yum! Looks delicious. Was it tasty? Do you have the recipe please? :) x

Hiya hun! It was actually very tasty...I wasn't too sure what it would taste like as it was a very simple soup. I don't really have a recipe as such as I just chucked a few things in together, but I used the following:

2 leftover chicken thighs
3 skinny leeks sliced
1 large carrot, diced
1 strip of medium egg noodles broken up
1.5 pints of stock made with a chicken stock cube and a chicken oxo
Salt and pepper
A small glug of mushroom ketchup

Method:

I cooked the sliced leeks and carrot in the stock until the carrots were nearly tender. I added the diced up leftover chicken thighs, salt and pepper to taste, and a glug of mushroom ketchup, along with the noodles and cooked for 4 minutes until the noodles were done.

If you like celery it would probably have been nice with some celery cooked in the stock, and maybe some chopped parsley added at the end. I don't like celery though and I hadn't got any parsley, lol! :D xx

Monday 30th September (EE)

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

Banana
Grapes
Clementine
2 sausages - 1 syn

Lunch:

Chicken, leek and noodle soup

Supper:

Bacon, tomato, cheese and red onion omelette (HexA)
Baked beans

Snacks and drinks:

Special K cracker crisps - 4.5 syns
Quarter of a raspberry and almond scan bran cake - 1.5 syns
Mini strawberry meringue - 1.5 syns
2 alpen light bars (HexB)

Today's syns: 8.5

Total syns: 69.5

Syns remaining: 35.5/105

Last edited:

So far tonight I've managed to burn my onions for my omelette, burn the toast I was going to have with it, burn my finger and melt the handle off the top of my slow cooker. If I was an animal they'd have me put down! :eek:

So far tonight I've managed to burn my onions for my omelette, burn the toast I was going to have with it, burn my finger and melt the handle off the top of my slow cooker. If I was an animal they'd have me put down! :eek:

Oh no!!!! I think you'd best stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the night hun x

Oh no!!!! I think you'd best stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the night hun x

Haha! I think so! I don't usually burn anything, but I think I was probably trying to do too much at the same time! :) xx

Oh dear could have been worse you could have chucked the towel in and ordered takeaway lol

Bless ya hun hope your ok x

Lol, this is true! I'm alright thanks hun...I've put a plaster on my finger so it's not hurting so much now. I'm just waiting for my casserole to finish cooking so I can portion it out! Xx

Back