Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

I made Ginlin's recipe for paella...here it is! It's absolutely divine :)

Chicken and Chorizo Paella

Serves 2 - 4.5 syns per serving on Extra Easy

2 Chicken Breasts Diced
100g Chorizo Diced
2 Onions Diced
2 Cloves of Garlic Crushed
Red and Yellow Pepper Deseeded and Chopped
200g Paella Rice
720ml Chicken Stock
Pinch of saffron
Handful of frozen peas
Salt and Black Pepper
Frylight

In a paella pan or large based frypan, saute the chicken, chorizo, onion and crushed garlic in frylight until lightly browned. Add the peppers and saffron, and fry lightly, Add the rice, and stir around until any liquid is absorbed, and the rice is coated in the juices. Add the stock, season with salt and black peper to taste, stir around well, and bring to the boil, then sprinkle a handful of peas on top. Simmer gently for about 20 minutes, until the stock has evaporated, and resist the temptation to stir, or it will end up like pudding!

Ooh! Yummy - thanks!

Congrats on the loss!

i know how you feel this week but 1lb when you look at what that stands for is amazing - thats what i took time convincing myself this week!

Morning all! Reporting in with a 1lb loss today. I was hoping for a little bit more if I'm honest, but it would seem that decent losses just aren't going to happen this time around :( I'm not sure why, but as long as it keeps going downwards I don't mind too much!

Well done Sian !!! Good luck for tomorrow xx

What a week you've had my lovely! Glad you've got over that poison dwarf's nastiness - what a b*tch! As you said, you're doing something about your weight, while she will always be a complete cow...

Well done on the loss this week and I hope the interview is going well! xxx

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Afternoon all! Well I didn't get the job. In fact, after giving only 2 days notice and expecting us to prepare for a lesson and 3 interviews, one which included a presentation, they didn't even have the decency to interview me in the afternoon!! They sent me and one other person home before the interview and presentations this afternoon. It was me and 3 student teachers who are just cheap...wish they wouldn't drag people all that way if all they're after is cheap! P!ssed off as I've got so much to do with our inspection starting on Monday! :mad:

Crap food day today! Stopped in Costa on the way home from the interview and had a panini, a piece of tiffin and a hot chocolate. Also had one of those new Cadbury chocolate bars earlier this evening. I'm not even going to try to count the syns, so I'm just going to draw a line and start again tomorrow!

Awww sh!t hun. Sorry to hear about the non interview. I think thats pretty shoddy of them and tbh, if thats how they conduct themselves you're better off not working for them. Food sounds...off plan but yum! Xx

Yeah, I know the food's off plan, but then I didn't care today to be honest. Considering I'd only had half a small ham sandwich all day up until that point it could have been a lot worse, lol! :eek: xx

Saturday 11th May (EE)

Morning all! After yesterday's off plan day food-wise I've drawn a line and I'm carrying on afresh for today. If I gain, then so be it...I've got too much to think about for this week to worry about having an off-plan day. The inspection team descend on the school on Monday, and they'll be in until Friday, so come 3.30 on Friday I'll be a very happy bunny! Until then I'm likely only to post minimally this week, but I'll be aiming to keep relatively low-syn for the week :)

Today's food plan so far is...

Breakfast:

Pineapple
Watermelon

Lunch:

Eggy bread (HexB)
Mushrooms
Ketchup - 1 syn

Supper:

Noodles
Stir fry veggies
Chicken in Peking lemon sauce - 2 syns

Snacks and drinks:

Hoops and crosses crisps - 4 syns

Today's syns: 7

Last edited:
Love the dress! so colourful :)

Are the hoops and crosses crisps nice? i have just ordered some from ASDA so hoping they are! x

Love the dress! so colourful :)

Are the hoops and crosses crisps nice? i have just ordered some from ASDA so hoping they are! x

I loved the dress too! It's a Debenhams dress, but bought it off ebay so it was only £29! I may wear it to my future sister-in-law's hen do in August as my size isn't likely to change much between now and then.

I also love the Hoops and Crosses crisps (I've only tried the prawn cocktail ones though :)) xx

Back