Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Evening all! Just got back from watching Hairspray...it was fantastic!! Definitely the funniest musical I've ever seen :) I'd thoroughly recommend seeing it if you get the chance at any point.

As for the prospect of weigh in in the morning...I'm actually dreading it! I have had a terrible week food-wise...think of the worst week you've had and quadruple it. It's my own fault though, so I shall just have to face up to the gain tomorrow. I'm looking at about 7lb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: So ashamed of myself! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Oh no chic at least you know where the gain has come from Hun new start & start afresh & you never know it might not be that bad x

Sian don't worry x

Most of it will be food bloat as it won't have yet gone through (yuk! Sorry!)

Not only that, but you know why and where.

I also think it does our metabolism good to have a good blowout sometimes and start afresh.

Draw that line and get on with it and you'll be fine xx

Hi Sian, I agree with Mrs S - I bet if you have a good week this week, it will all come straight back off again xx

Re: Sian's restart diary - third time lucky! :-D

Sian don't worry x

Most of it will be food bloat as it won't have yet gone through (yuk! Sorry!)

Not only that, but you know why and where.

I also think it does our metabolism good to have a good blowout sometimes and start afresh.

Draw that line and get on with it and you'll be fine xx

Will do hun. I have a sneaky suspicion my totm is about to spring itself on me, as I had some stomach cramps earlier, which would explain the sweet cravings! Xx

Hi Sian, I agree with Mrs S - I bet if you have a good week this week, it will all come straight back off again xx

I hope so hun! I haven't bought anything naughty in my shopping so I'm aiming for a good week :) xx

Friday 28th June (EE)

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

Banana

Lunch:

Chicken, chorizo and potato stew - 3.5 syns
Watermelon

Supper:

2 asda turkey burgers - 1 syn
Sweet potato wedges
Mushrooms
Baked beans
40g RF cheddar (HexA)

Snacks and drinks:

1 malteser - 0.5 syn
Nectarine
Marks and Spencer fat free tropical yoghurt

Syns for today: 5

Total syns: 5

Syns remaining: 100/105

Last edited:

Saturday 29th June (EE)

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

Magic oaty pancakes (HexB)
Banana
Pineapple
Yoghurt
Tbsp golden syrup - 2 syns

Supper:

Chicken sweetcorn recipe (chicken, creamed sweetcorn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, onions, peppers, soy sauce, seasoning)
Uncle Ben's long grain rice - 1 syn

Snacks and drinks:

Grapes
2 asda turkey burgers - 1 syn
Chocolate orange scan bran cake - 2 syns
30 alcohol syns

Syns for today: 36

Total syns: 41

Syns remaining: 64/105

Last edited:

Wow, I'd forgotten how filling the magic oat pancakes are...stuffed.com!

At least it should stop me picking this afternoon when I'm bored of writing up the minutes from meetings and marking books!

Considering my night started off being really boring it actually ended up being a really good night! I had 30 alcohol syns, which is quite restrained for me, and definitely manageable. I've got 12ish syns left per day...that's loads!

I hope everybody's had a good Saturday night :D:D:D xx

Well done Sian! Here's to a good week!

Last night's dinner looks lush - was it good? x

Hiya hun! Last night's tea was really yummy...I love the taste of creamed sweetcorn :)

I'm definitely aiming for a good week to hopefully get rid of a big chunk of that gain on Friday. Fingers crossed for both of us this week! Xx

Fab Hun your having a great week so far tea looked yum !!!
I've started a new diary Hun still on here :) x

Ooo, I shall have to pop to the diaries section and hunt out your new diary. Can't have you disappearing! :D

I feel really positive this week after Friday's gain. I think it shocked me into behaving myself! :eek: xx

Hiya hun! Last night's tea was really yummy...I love the taste of creamed sweetcorn :)

I'm definitely aiming for a good week to hopefully get rid of a big chunk of that gain on Friday. Fingers crossed for both of us this week! Xx

Ooo, I shall have to pop to the diaries section and hunt out your new diary. Can't have you disappearing! :D

I feel really positive this week after Friday's gain. I think it shocked me into behaving myself! :eek: xx

Mmm I love creamed sweetcorn too that reminds me with have to make the chicken & sweetcorn soup again soon !!!
Yeah thought I needed a fresh diary for a new start :)

Yeah snap I need to shift a good chunk off weight this week !!!

Sunday 30th June (EE)

The food plan so far...

Breakfast:

None

Lunch:

Country vegetable high veg pasta and sauce
Smoked ham
A tub of Philadelphia extra light - 2 syns

Supper:

Pork and smoked bacon risotto (rice, chicken stock, onions, peppers, garlic, peas, tomatoes, tomato puree, seasoning, cubed pork and smoked bacon)
Cauliflower and broccoli

Snacks and drinks:

Grapes
Warm chocolate orange scan bran cake with pineapple and a banana and custard muller - 4 syns
2 ginger nut biscuits - 4 syns
2 ryvita fruit crunch (HexB)

Syns for today: 10

Total syns: 51

Syns remaining: 54/105

Last edited:
Dumb question - does risotto turn up much different to paella? Is it more or less saucey than paella? I've never made it, but the recipes seem similar to paella. Thanks!

Hiya hun! They're very similar textures...I think a risotto should technically be a bit more saucey than paella though. I'm actually using paella rice to make this risotto as it's soooooo much less faff than risotto rice. Minimal stirring, wooooo! :D:D xx

Ah okay, I'll stick with the paella rice then in the risotto recipes. I need to figure out what to make in bulk today for our lunches this week, beef chilli and rice, and pork meatballs and pasta went down very well last week. Syn free lunches, nom nom. EE is going well so far.

Back