Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Re: Sian's restart diary - changing to monthly weighing. Fingers crossed!

Morning Sian... Have a lovely Boxing Day xx

Thanks hun!

Morning all! I'm soooo ill today :( I feel like I haven't slept a wink all night for the tossing and turning, and my throat is on fire today. I don't think it's tonsilitis as the telltale cottage cheese lumps aren't there, but it's really sore nonetheless! :(

I just wish I had someone to look after me :( xxx

Thanks hun!

Morning all! I'm soooo ill today :( I feel like I haven't slept a wink all night for the tossing and turning, and my throat is on fire today. I don't think it's tonsilitis as the telltale cottage cheese lumps aren't there, but it's really sore nonetheless! :(

I just wish I had someone to look after me :( xxx

Oh no! Poor you! :-( I had a bad throat last week...,. It's awful.... Try and drink plenty of fluids and stay indoors and keep warm... Hope you're feeling better soon (((hugs))) xxx

Hi Sian, please could you let me know the bread and butter pudding recipe you mentioned a while back in your diary? I think you did a savoury one but I'll adapt it and make it sweet. Thanks! x

Here's the recipe for the savoury bread and butter pudding, but it would be easy to adapt :)

Ham and egg cobbler

Ingredients:

2 medium slices white or wholemeal breadA little soft butter or vegetable oil spread
3 slices wafer thin ham, torn in half
4 large British Lion eggs
60ml/4tbsp milk
50g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:

1. Butter the bread and cut the slices into quarters. Arrange the slices in a shallow micro-proof dish.
2. Tuck the slices of ham in between the bread.
3. Crack the eggs into a jug, add the milk and seasoning. Beat together with a wire whisk, then pour over the bread, pressing down the bread to soak up the milk.
4. Cover the dish with an upturned plate and microwave on HIGH for 5 mins, turning after 3 mins.
5. Remove the dish from the oven and scatter over the cheese and return to the oven.
6. Cook on HIGH for 1min.
7. Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. If liked pop the cobbler under a hot grill to brown. Serve hot or warm with salad.

How are you feeling now Sian?? Xx

Morning hun! :)

Yesterday's not-quite-tonsilitis is most definitely tonsilitis today, so I've felt better I have to say! At least it'll curb my drinking this weekend as I won't be able to go out! :(

How are you hun? Xxx

Here's the recipe for the savoury bread and butter pudding, but it would be easy to adapt :)

Ham and egg cobbler

Ingredients:

2 medium slices white or wholemeal breadA little soft butter or vegetable oil spread
3 slices wafer thin ham, torn in half
4 large British Lion eggs
60ml/4tbsp milk
50g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:

1. Butter the bread and cut the slices into quarters. Arrange the slices in a shallow micro-proof dish.
2. Tuck the slices of ham in between the bread.
3. Crack the eggs into a jug, add the milk and seasoning. Beat together with a wire whisk, then pour over the bread, pressing down the bread to soak up the milk.
4. Cover the dish with an upturned plate and microwave on HIGH for 5 mins, turning after 3 mins.
5. Remove the dish from the oven and scatter over the cheese and return to the oven.
6. Cook on HIGH for 1min.
7. Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. If liked pop the cobbler under a hot grill to brown. Serve hot or warm with salad.

Thank you! Hope you feel better soon x

Morning hun! :)

Yesterday's not-quite-tonsilitis is most definitely tonsilitis today, so I've felt better I have to say! At least it'll curb my drinking this weekend as I won't be able to go out! :(

How are you hun? Xxx

Aww that's just pants! :(
Stay in and keep warm!

I'm ok thanks.. Just waiting for the tumble dryer to finish then I can take Alfie out for a walk before lunch.. Both pairs of my decent leggings are in there lol... Alfie goes nuts in the wind!! Xx

Aww that's just pants! :(
Stay in and keep warm!

I'm ok thanks.. Just waiting for the tumble dryer to finish then I can take Alfie out for a walk before lunch.. Both pairs of my decent leggings are in there lol... Alfie goes nuts in the wind!! Xx

Awww bless him! I think all animals go a little crazy in the wine! My auntie's shitzu is staying with us at the moment and she goes bonkers when the weather's bad! Xxx

Hey lovely lady!

I am back!! How was your christmas and New year? Hows it going with your new man? xx

Back